Used 1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Reviews

Used C/K 1500 Series for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

The heartbeat of America

dukes, 12/11/2007
C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've only had my truck for about a year and bought it with 129,000 and it now reads 144,000 and I have already had to put brakes, tires,alternator, intake gaskets and fuel pump in that period of time but other than that my truck runs strong.

Very Good Truck

YELLOW450, 01/05/2004
K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Overall this truck has lived up to the GM reputation. Other than basic wear mechanical failure such as alternator, brake pads, water pump, and things of the, there have been no serious problems. Its firm suspension and connected steering give you awesome communication with the road and is actually extremely nimble for a large truck.

Awesome Z71

Tino, 06/13/2006
K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I bought my Z71 truck in July of 2002. At first I was hesitant because the truck already had 150,000 miles on it. But test driving and having my mechanic inspect the truck and the great deal I got, I took it. Aside from the gas mileage I get but what can you expect from the 5.7 workhorse? Four years later and the truck about to hit 200,000 miles happy to say I have not had any major problems with the truck. Everthing is still working and it runs like a champ.

97 CHEVY

koryharper, 12/27/2005
C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Good at first, had to change brakes and rotors, fuel pump, and intake manifold in first 1 1/2 yr. After that no problems then had to change tranny shift modulator. But other than that truck runs well with scheduled maintenance.

Lucky

Ron, 06/11/2006
C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

From looking at the other reviews I should consider myself lucky to have only replaced the altenator & battery @ 36k miles,Power Steering pump @46k, Rear Axle @ 54k and the water pump @ 75k. The rotors lasted until the 3rd set of brakes @ 88k.The Uniroyal Tiger Paws tires were junk from day one they pulled like the front end was out of alignment.The problem fixed itself when I had the tires replaced @ 32k. They were not worn out-i just couldn't take them anymore.Windshield Wiper Controller is defective according to NHTSA id# 03V159000 and has the potencial to affect 1,755,876 1997 Chevy trks-BUT NOT mine.I had the same symtoms that caused 1.7M trks 2b recalled-but my trk was not covered.

12345...11