2014 Toyota Sienna 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great Choice After Lots of

2014 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

XLE 8-Passenger Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

61,426 of 61,432 people found this review helpful
Great Choice After Lots of Anxiety
By luxsacra on

2014 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It was difficult deciding among Toyota, Honda and Kia. All have their good points and drive well. I bought the Toyota four weeks ago, and I am happy with the decision, though I'd probably be just as happy with the Honda and Kia. I have the blind-spot monitor option ($500) and like it a lot. On the Sienna it is on both side-view mirrors; on the Odyssey, it is only on the passenger side. The long-slide 2nd row seats allow for almost 19" of leg room in the 2nd row, though that would leave almost no leg room for the 3rd row. Both 2nd and 3rd rows have shades. Entune and navigation system are great. Lots of cargo space behind 3rd row. 3rd row seats store easily, but not as easily as Honda's.

Favorite Features

The ride and handling are smooth and quiet, similar to driving a luxury car. Great pick up (zippy). Much easier to drive than the smaller crossover I traded in, and similar miles per gallon. Plenty of storage compartments, and there are seven hooks for hanging grocery bags in the cargo area. Entune works great. With the press of an app button, I get gas prices for miles around. It clearly reads text messages. My iPad and iPod hooked up effortlessly through the USB port, and my phone's music was there instantly via Bluetooth. Clear rear-view camera and navigation screen. The smaller clock, temp, mpg screen is easy to read and well placed. Solidly built. Great suspension. Clean exterior lines.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like a power port for the 2nd row. Better mpg without sacrificing the power would help. Odyssey's middle seat in the 2nd row folds down as a console with cup holders, Sienna's doesn't. The navigation/camera screen is clear hd, but it could be bigger. I'd love a cruise control that adjusts to the car in front. Review complained of cheap plastics and dash design. I somewhat disagree: though the plastics are hard, they're not touch surfaces and hopefully won't crack like the padded dashes of old. The texturing of the plastic is pleasing, not odd. Both Sienna and Odyssey skimp on the 3rd row seats substituting leatherette for leather. The yellow labels on the back of the 3rd row are ugly.
Recommend (61,426) (6)