2008 Scion xD Consumer Review: Bar None Simply the Best Buy

2008 Scion xD - Consumer Review

Bar None Simply the Best Buy
By PT~2~Xd on

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Gas Gas Gas! What can I say that would make a person downgrade/upgrade from a souped up 89 Toyota Supra (Vroom! problem child gas sucka)~ tricked out/ supped up 04 PT Cruiser Turbo (Ehh.. but still gas sucka!) ~ to a 08 almost tricked out but not there yet Scion XD. Moving from the Bay area to Virginia I honestly did not think I would ever trade in my PT but after experiencing the WORST commuter traffic in the USA, and VA to DC eats the cake over Marin County to Alameda County, I had to ditch the PT..=(. I test drove the Fit, Yaris, and Corolla before the XD. But the XD won in the end for gas as well as over all styling.

I bought the 1.0 Lava edition so as far as features go the lowered springs for handling was a plus, not to mention the color as well as the overall look of the car. Added TRD muffler, TRD Filter. Plan to add Denso Iridium Spark Plugs and Wires as well as Tanabe Front Strut Tower Bar.

This vehicle is about saving gas, so coming from a Mazda RX-7/Toyota Supra background to a PT Turbo and a XD off the line throttle is VERY LACKING, (got the only automatic 1.0 so the only improvement I would suggest is the overall speed especially in passing traffic on the highway.