2008 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:
This Is How All Cars Should Be
By Mark on 10/25/07 17:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

All cars should be fun to drive, easy on gas, accommodate my iPod and have airbags all around. The Scion xD is a great value when you shop it against the main competitors here on Edmunds. Just be sure to add all the extras to the other cars because the Scion xD gives us a lot for our money. If it does as well as the xA the dealer says it will be in the top 10 for resale value. And that is for ALL passenger cars. Toyota makes it. The dealers sell it without hassling you or lying, and people love it everywhere we go. If you're looking for a great car for not a lot of money, you should check the xD out.

Great car
By Jim on 10/24/07 16:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome car! Recently took a trip 335 miles each way, averaged 39.5 miles per gallon. The car handles well and is comfortable and relatively quiet. All the standard safety features make this car an exceptional value.

What fun!
By kstroup on 10/21/07 15:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great, funky car. Because of the driver position I feel like I'm driving an SUV, but it handles like a sporty little car! Plenty of room for passengers. Has great pickup when you need to accelerate fast. Good gas mileage for a non-hybrid vehicle (averaging 33 MPG and I drive mostly city).

Scion xD - Impressive little hatchback
By ndave on 10/18/07 13:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'll admit it. I didn't want to look inside this vehicle. However, I bought one. I started by looking at small, affordable econosized cars. I test drove Mazda3 hatchback, Honda Fit and Civic, Toyota Yaris, Corolla (CE, LE, SE) and Matrix. Scion xD offers a smooth ride that picks up nicely and gets you to where you need to go. It's a true city car. Small, compact, affordable and gas economical. Excellent gas ratings (>35mpg), is comfortable in the inside, and is extremely user-friendly. The seats fold down flat in the back. It can haul a ton of stuff; or seat 5 (normal weight) persons very comfortably. Car feels "euro" designed. It's an urbanized car that can get around a city easily.

What a freaking fun car!!!
By Jamie on 10/13/07 13:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car! I test drove the Yaris, the Chevy Aveo and the Corolla and then my salesperson introduced me to the Scion xD. I loved it from the moment I test drove it. I have never smiled during a test drive, but the xD just is fun! I couldn't help it. The standard upgrades like great stereo and iPod hook ups are really great. The get up and go power is much better than the other vehicles that I compared it with. Also the interior room is much more spacious. I wasn't really fond of the interior black color at first, but I have really come to like it. The standard safety features are really nice too. Also, the pure price deal makes the buying process so much easier! I love my scion!

Ideal compact car for runabout in city
By Rose on 10/04/07 10:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I live in the city and have a compact garage where only a very few cars could fit easily. With this in mind I bought the Scion xD. This little car has a "big car" feel to it, drives well, has the Toyota assured reliability. I say "Go for it!!"

On the roads of California
By ACV on 10/01/07 23:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

A bit noisy when driving past 50 MPH but otherwise a perfect car with lots of great features like a perfect sound system and the abs and airbags throughout features.

Amazing!!
By xD on 09/27/07 23:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love my xD, it's my 1st new car. I upgraded from a 91 Acura Integra GS. I love that the Scion looks little but in the inside I feel tall. That was one thing I was worried about when getting a subcompact car, but the standard side curtain airbags are a plus safety feature. It is a little noisy but it has an amazing pioneer stereo system that covers it up. I love in simple instrument panel. It records my MPG. I got 33.2 MPG on my 1st tank!!

I love this car!
By Betsy on 09/14/07 19:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got my xD for a long commute - I drive 1000 miles a week on average. My gas mileage is consistently 35+ mpg on the highway, 32-34 overall. It's a little noisy, but responsive and smooth. It's cute as anything; people are always turning to check out my car! I've never owned a hip car before. A little more cargo space would be nice. The stereo controls are great, and I love that cruise control comes standard. I wish the fuel gauge was a little more attention-getting. Sometimes I don't notice that I'm low on gas until it's been flashing for a while; it's not very bright. I actually ran out of gas on my first tank... then again, I should pay more attention!

2008 Scion xD
By Princess on 09/14/07 16:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was torn between the Scion xD and the Honda Fit. I am glad I got the Scion xD. I like being higher up and the xD feels like a more solid car. All the cars were coming with the upgraded radio, but don't be fooled into buying something you don't want. It was easy and quick to order it my way and have the regular radio put in at the arrival port in Jacksonville. That $389 will pay for my window tinting. The only extras I ordered were the electronic stability control & floor/cargo mats. Every other thing I wanted was included in the basic model. It is a fun car and easy to drive and park. I drove a Chevy Cavalier for 22 years and now am a Scion fan. Great value for the money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.