Used 2008 Scion xD Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xD

View reviews for a specific xD model:

Sleek XD!
By Sleek XD!

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Love it, love it, love it! Need I say more? I love the sleek exterior and the MPG.

The ability to turn on a dime, MPG, sound system, sleek appearance.

ARMREST, ARMREST, ARMREST. Did I mention an armrest? Utility plug to keep power even when vehicle is not running, doors stay unlocked for more than 3 seconds, doors lock when vehicle placed in gear. Need a sun visor for the front windshield.

Love My 2008 "Lil Hottie" Scion XD
By Love My Scion XD

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Scion Xd a week ago and I am enjoying my drive. It is a fun car to drive and I look forward to driving it every day. It is a little noisy but the standard features outweigh the road noise. I test drove the Honda Fit, the Nissan Versa and the Honda Civic before test driving the Scion Xd and when I did I knew I had found the car. It was fun to drive and all the standard features. The gas mileage is what they say 26 city avg. and 32 hwy miles. I mainly drive city miles. I do wish it had a center armrest. Wished the VSC would come standard but other than that I love my Scion in red. Enjoy when I see turned heads as I drive by. I love it's uniqueness in looks. Love it!

The upgraded stereo system, cruise control, keyless entry, ipod connector,low tire warning light, MPG.

Center armrest and more storage space. Bigger cargo space and VSC should be standard.

Wish I Could Return it
By Tom Gandy

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this XD with the auto trans, that was the first mistake. This thing scares the heck our of me while trying to merge into 70 mph traffic. Road noise is excessive and the ride is rather bumpy. The brakes are adequate but spongy. Highway mpg is not too bad at 38 but local driving is a dismal 23 mpg. Rear passenger space is surprisingly adequate for average sized people. Rear storage space is small but this a sub compact and is to be expected. The hubcaps had to go. I bought 7 spoke wheels that look much better.

Options such as power windows, keyless entry and cruise control standard. Trip and mileage computer. Larger wheels than others in class.

Get rid of the shiny plastic trim with silver flecks, it always looks like it is dusty. The speedometer tach combo separated with a triangular silver piece of plastic looks dumb.

It's only getting better
By kris

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have my XD for only 3 weeks now that’s not a long time but it took me 6 months to decided on a car and boy was it the right one. It’s not a car for everyone but you have to judge your needs and figure out what’s best for you. The XD has everything I needed power on everything but the seat. ipod connection, decent power for the car it is. Looks cool and with the addition of some aftermarket products it will look great.

ipod connection, VSD, side airbags, steering wheel radio controls, enough room for 4 adults

Sun roof, center armrest, space for full size spare tire not only the donut, HID option, and rear disk brakes

Great little car
By JMAC

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

If your looking for a subcompact that is dependable,well built, good on gas and different, then buy this car. This is the second Scion in my family and I can tell you these cars are great deals. Get in and test drive one and see for yourself. If you want 36+ miles a gallon,all the options at one price, and a cool car to boot then buy an XD.

Good pickup, great gas mileage, comfortable and well equipped interior, unique body style, and top quality

center armrest