2008 Scion xD Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:
Just about a Perfect 10
By Noel L. on 02/05/08 06:37 AM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This Scion brings back good memories of my first Honda CRX. And it's just that, a memory. When Saab says that their cars were born from aircraft concepts, this Scion can claim the same--in spades. From the intelligence systems of the engine and brakes to the VSD option, this car screams ultra-high tech in all the right places. For all the standard features, this car is extravagant when considering the price and ownership costs to all of Europe's fragile models. From fit/finish/handling and roominess to a mild carbon footprint, the xD delivers like an F-14 Tomcat. This will become the old Beetle of our generation-- vintage classy with stealth technology.

We did our homework
By lowell hartig on 01/30/08 10:01 AM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Price, peppy engine, driver position and visibility, (for my wife - standard ABS), and a now proven, incredible fuel economy for our worst possible scenario, 2-mile average commute. One suddenly stormy Christmas shopping night with our kids, my son-in-law's full-sized pick-up bed, thought necessary for this excursion, was pushed aside with everything fitting into the easy access xD.

Awesome!
By JACKIE on 01/18/08 06:47 AM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a blast to drive!! Wish the interior had more options not a big fan of black, or textured dashes. Going from a full size SUV to this was a change but I don't feel cramped in this vehicle.

Great Car!
By HappyScionOwner on 01/16/08 07:15 AM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Overall this is an excellent car. It's tiny on the outside (although it looks muscular) but it's really surprising how much room there is inside. Plenty of leg and head room in the front and back seats. This allows for a spirited drive and easy parking with plenty of comfort and utility. Nice compromise. Gas mileage is decent although I get better economy in my larger Corolla. The engine is nice and smooth with plenty of power, although it seems a little rough when first accelerating with the automatic. I expect amazing reliability, just like all Toyota's. Although it's nice to have the aux and iPod inputs on the stereo, the sound quality is poor. Not enough mids.

I love this car!
By Dennis Hunter on 01/13/08 17:07 PM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research, including going to the auto show to compare the competition - the Golf, the Versa, the Mini, the Yaris, and the Matrix. I was stunned when I found out almost everything comes standard on the car - it's a lot of car for the price, and it beat the competition by leaps and bounds! I also love how you sit high in the car while driving. It feels like driving a baby SUV. No buyer remorse here - this car is fantastic!

I like it
By I like on 01/01/08 21:41 PM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Wife and I test drove corolla, yaris, civic, fit, suzuki. The xD had the best driver's seat for my 210 lbs. The interior did not feel cheap like the other cars did. Did not even look at the scion brand, untill salesman pointed out the new xD, at first I did not like it. It looked tiny from the outside, however after riding in the back and then driving the xD my opinion completely changed. Wife and I bought the black xD. First tank of gas mpg 41, we live in a rural area 50 mph highway, pacific northwest area.

1200 miles so far...
By CBDBRP on 12/17/07 10:28 AM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase. With the xD, I am consistently getting 33 miles per gallon in a mix of city/highway driving. Good stuff! When I set out to purchase a new car, I wanted a four door hatch-back that would provide the ultimate in reliability and excellent gas mileage. I find the xD delivers these things and more. If one is considering a Honda Fit or a Nissan Versa, I would suggest that person take a serious look at the Scion xD. I considered the Honda and Nissan for months before stumbling across the xD by accident. I was blown away and made the decision to buy the Scion almost immediately. I have not regretted the purchase in the least!

Paint an issue
By WHY? on 12/14/07 15:09 PM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am so disappointed with my xD. I researched countless vehicles until I decided on the xD. Bought it last week and it already has paint chips and scratches (and I don't drive in rough areas). In fact, upon closer inspection -- dirt combined with dew is actually what is causing the scratching, while I'm driving. Also has a small rust spot on the back. This car is only one week old!! Will be taking it back to the dealer tomorrow for inspection. Be warned!! I wish I stayed with Honda.

Sweeeeet
By Joe Mahma on 12/06/07 23:25 PM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a few weeks and I LOVE this car. No, it's not a Mazda, but for the money, it's got style, gas mileage, decent performance, and a sweet interior.

my little red scion
By meame on 12/03/07 22:22 PM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It is a fun car to drive I love it's get up and go.It take's the road pretty will.Glad to be a owner.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Scion xD Hatchback in VA is:

$108 per month*