My most valued possession.
By algebraicjamz on
2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I was waiting for years to find a car that had artistic looks and excellent mileage that parks easily in my congested city center. I was getting close to buying an Echo as a serious comprimise when I saw the Scion xA was an option. I feel like they put a luxurious feel into the interior that I never expected. I love the handling. Like the Echo, I get blown around a bit on the highway, but that's the price I pay for the satisfaction I get when surrounded by "Stunningly Useless Vehicles" getting gouged at the gas pump. Usually the factory stereo is the thing you take out when installing a real one but the Pioneer is still earning its keep. I have had my car two years now and I love it more everyday.
Favorite Features
I love this car's sweet, tight handling. It has an awesome standard package! It has beautiful show stopping looks. It also has a neat instrument dial, the more my car looks like a spaceship the better. It has great pick-up above 55 mph. I love the unbelievable factory stereo and speakers. It gets great gas mileage in the city or at 55-65 mph on the highway.
Suggested Improvements
Improve its toothless hill climbing. It has hesitant acceleration between 40 and 55 mph. It hs easily scratched paint. The gas pedal is at an awkward angle. It has big blind spots in the front windshield edges (I call them my pedestrian killers). It needs better wipers in front. When they are all the way on they still can't cope with a serious downpour.