Feels like I'm driving a ticking time bomb
By sharon246810 on
2004 Saturn L300 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)
We bought this car at 100,000 miles for $3200. We've put 27k mi on since. We thought we got a great deal until it began to fall apart. We first replaced the tires, the keyless entry remote was broken, we had to replace the battery, and the cd player and radio buttons are broken. Then the car died coming off an exit bc the fuel pump went out and was $600 to replace. Next the A/C stopped working, then the rear brakes went out, then they went out again 4 months later because a caliper locked up. Just recently the dash and headlights started to flicker which we are told is the alternator. Then the engine light came on yesterday and the code said it's the O2 detector. What next?
Favorite Features
I do think the exterior of the car is attractive. It's driven mostly by my husband and I think it has a masculine design for being a sedan. The interior feels pretty spacious as well. I do like that the power window controls are next to the gear shift so they're accessible to the driver and passenger.
Suggested Improvements
Car feels very heavy when trying to accelerate or brake - have to keep space in mind for plenty of time to brake even with new brakes. The windshield wipers go from wiping once every 10 seconds or so at the lowest level to the next level being a fast, constant wipe. If it's raining lightly you either can't see or the wipers squeak on the windshield. Very annoying.