Used 2010 Saab 9-3 Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Saab 9-3

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

Extremely reliable even after 160,000 miles!
By Mills

2010 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased this car new in 2010 for $32,000. I currently have 162,000 miles on it and it has been extremely reliable. The engine runs great and so far the transmission has worked fine as well. I had to replace a drive shaft at 100K miles and a wheel bearing at 140K miles. As of today with 160K miles, I do need rear CV boots, a front vacuum pump and a transfer case seal. It would cost me approximately $1,850 to repair all of those items. I don't know if I will bother spending the money to fix these issues since I have so many miles on the car. I have to say though, it has been a fun car to drive and it has never failed me. I have always serviced it as per the manufacturers specs and I'm sure that's partly why it has run so well. .... A little about me, I am 5'-6" tall and the seats and cabin room are perfect for me!

Good All-Around Sports Sedan
By jbrockwell

2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Someone in review forum talking about future of the brand wrote that Saab should position itself as the $25K European sports sedan -- whether that is where the future is for Saab or not, I think it is a good way to position this model. It doesn't have a great interior compared to say an Audi A4 (my previous car), engine is not sublime, handling is OK (AWD helps considerably though I bought FWD version), brand cache is struggling and I will have to see on reliability. But after 2,000+ miles of driving, I have no major complaints. It's a good all around performer and if it doesn't quite excel in any obvious automotive review category, does enough to satisfy and bring the occasional smile.

Solid value (lots of good deals to be had beyond MSRP), good-looking exterior, comfortable driver seat, very good highway cruiser, where mid-range torque shines. Also, like basic look and set-up of interior -- not overloaded with buttons. Very good layout for driver.

My biggest complaint is the light steering feel and suspension never feels as planted as the Audi A4. (Test-drove the AWD version of 9-3 and that fixed much of the complaint, but decided on better deal on FWD version.) Current suspension does let you know when you are engaged in some spirited driving and that can be its own fun. I'd also love Saab to continue to embrace the aeronautic themes in future 9-3 cars, especially as picked-up in the new 9-5 (heads-up display, speedometer, for instance). Standard radio could also be improved.

Nice Car with great Incentives!
By jason60050

2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Coming from a Lexus GS350 this is quite a difference. I love the way it handles and the XWD with the 6 speed auto is wonderful. I could not pass up the deal on this vehicle. Almost $12k off sticker. Despite what they say as this being an outdated car with not a lot to offer compared to the 3 series, A4, etc could not beat the price with this one.

Snow Silver color. XWD with 6 spd auto. Simple straight forward design with easy to use interior bits. Nice sounding engine with the turbo. 10 airbags standard.

Increase gas mileage. Right now I am getting about 23 mpg combined witch I thought would be a bit better since it is a 4 cylinder. It may get better as the engine breaks in we will see.

Enjoying my Saab
By smg

2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my third Saab. I'm enjoying this new 9-3 a lot. The car is very quiet and has a nice smooth ride. I really like the sound of the Bose stereo. My car has Onstar and I like the turn by turn navigation which shows the directions on the radio display. I got a great deal on the car.

The seats are so comfortable. Heated seats, Onstar and the Bose stereo. Car looks great. Great gas mileage.

None

Better than I'd expected
By 2Saab

2010 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We wanted to replace a pick up for better fuel economy. Saab's tasteful design, functional and pleasing layout of controls, good fuel economy, safety, and good looks all factored into the decision. In the end our 7 year old Saab (purchased used) sold us on the new one. After several years of ownership, we still flip a coin over who gets to drive it. Instead of a van or CUV that doesn't handle like a car, we have a car that handles well, and still will accommodate a lot of stuff.

Looks, fuel economy, practicality. Dealership experience was exceptional.

None.