Used 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

Best truck I've ever owned.
By Epillon21

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi used, 45k miles but she looked and ran absolutely mint. 20k miles later she still runs absolutely perfect, the 8 cylinder, 5.7L Hemi is very strong and towing is a breeze. Gas mileage not quite as high as advertised but with Eco mode I can get 20+ mpg highway. Rides smoother than any truck I've owned, quick responsive steering with instruments easy to access and control. Uconnect is a nice feature also for hands free driving. Love my Ram!

Get the hemi, get the crew get the RAM
By tylerg4

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I started off test driving a ford f-150 Eco boost, well when I put that thing to the floor it didn't spin and tj felt like a Prius on wheels Then I went to the ram, I put it half way down and layed a black strip down the road. The hemi definitely has a lot of power! I also got the crew can because I have kids. The crew cab is super roomy with storage everywhere. I also got the dual exaust which is nice although I wish it was slightly louder I won't complain. Over all it's a great truck but there's one major thing I hate about dodges, which is rust, I noticed a quater inch rust spot that will be fixed immediately.

Power, noise reliablility

Add leaf springs instead of just coils and make a new paint job so no rust.

2012 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4.7L
By berobbins

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the truck a few days ago after shopping Ford, Toyota and Ram. My first two choices were the Toyota and Ram because of their more aggressive style. The dealership offered such a good deal on the Ram it was difficult to pass up, so I didn't. I ended up getting more interior bling with Ram than I was going to get with Ford or Toyota and the ride is great. The truck is clean, drives well and very comfortable. My Outdoorsman came equipped with remote start, which will come in handy when I move to IL. Nice feature with it, is when you remote the truck, it locks the doors just in case you forgot to do so when you parked it. Plenty of room in the front and back seats even for me at 6'1

Favorite features: UConnect (even though it will not read text from my iPhone), easy to navigate touch screen controls, many USB power ports and an A/C port. Rear storage under seat, and in the read floor boards.

None that I can think of at this time. This truck is filling the need I bought it for.

Happy 2012 4X4 Laramie 1500 Owner
By rimo

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I own a 2004 Ford F-150, a 2008 Ram 1500 Big Horn and now a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie. All three of the vehicles are 4-wheel drive. The Ford's reliability has been poor to say the least and has cost me a fortune to maintain, including a new engine. Neither of my Ram trucks have ever required any work other than routine maintenance. After 90,000 miles the 2008 is as solid and beautiful as the day I bought it. My 2012 is amazing in all aspects: interior, ride qualtity, power, fuel economy and fit and finish. The new Chrysler CEO is considered the best in the industry, and it certainly shows with this vehicle.

Fuel Economy (19-20 consitently), Interior comfort and appearance, power and sound system.

The front end is too low from the factory. Nothing that a $300 installed 2" leveling kit can't fix.

Ram Limited 4x4
By efs101

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first true truck(non-SUV) I"ve owned. Got it for towing, but needed something appropriate for office. Man does this thing fit the bill. Sharp and functional. Fantastic, smooth ride, and it responds almost effortlessly when you hit the accelerator. As comfortable as most luxury cars. After test driving Ford and GMC equivlents, for me this was an easy choice. This is simply a better looking, more comfortable ride. Yes I gave up a few 100 lbs towing capacity to other choices, but premium ride is worth the trade-off.

100% leather seating Hemi Engine Convenient Controls Aggressive appearance

Fuel Economy, we'll see what the 8 speed transmission does for the Hemi in a few months

• SUV