2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:
2012 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4.7L
By berobbins on 02/20/13 18:12 PM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the truck a few days ago after shopping Ford, Toyota and Ram. My first two choices were the Toyota and Ram because of their more aggressive style. The dealership offered such a good deal on the Ram it was difficult to pass up, so I didn't. I ended up getting more interior bling with Ram than I was going to get with Ford or Toyota and the ride is great. The truck is clean, drives well and very comfortable. My Outdoorsman came equipped with remote start, which will come in handy when I move to IL. Nice feature with it, is when you remote the truck, it locks the doors just in case you forgot to do so when you parked it. Plenty of room in the front and back seats even for me at 6'1

Happy 2012 4X4 Laramie 1500 Owner
By rimo on 10/23/12 20:00 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I own a 2004 Ford F-150, a 2008 Ram 1500 Big Horn and now a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie. All three of the vehicles are 4-wheel drive. The Ford's reliability has been poor to say the least and has cost me a fortune to maintain, including a new engine. Neither of my Ram trucks have ever required any work other than routine maintenance. After 90,000 miles the 2008 is as solid and beautiful as the day I bought it. My 2012 is amazing in all aspects: interior, ride qualtity, power, fuel economy and fit and finish. The new Chrysler CEO is considered the best in the industry, and it certainly shows with this vehicle.

Ram Limited 4x4
By efs101 on 10/10/12 20:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first true truck(non-SUV) I"ve owned. Got it for towing, but needed something appropriate for office. Man does this thing fit the bill. Sharp and functional. Fantastic, smooth ride, and it responds almost effortlessly when you hit the accelerator. As comfortable as most luxury cars. After test driving Ford and GMC equivlents, for me this was an easy choice. This is simply a better looking, more comfortable ride. Yes I gave up a few 100 lbs towing capacity to other choices, but premium ride is worth the trade-off.

worried
By phatdad on 09/30/12 11:01 AM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After owning fords for 22 years I bought this Ram 1500. I love the power and the interior features. Worried about floppy rear windows that rattle when down. It also shudders between 35-45 mph when not accelerating hard. With slight gas pedal the truck feels like its in the wrong gear. It feels like my f-150 that dropped a coil.

window noise
By wwebbys on 09/08/12 11:58 AM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The rear windows on this model(Outdoorsman) seem to be loose. When they are partially down and driving there is a very loud bothering noise. I took it to the dealership. They said this normal for this model and year. I have owned F150s and a Frontier and never had this problem. Is anyone else having the issue?

2012 ram express
By core4 on 08/19/12 16:37 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a Ram express at the end of May. I am very pleased with the ride and build quality of the interior. I used it to pull my boat this summer and was impressed with the power of the Hemi. Fuel economy pulling the boat on the hghway was about 15-16. I am very light on the throttle and can get up to 18.2 driving to work everyday. That means letting the vehicle drop below 55 when going up hills to keep the ECO system engaged. I compared it to the ford before buying and the ford has a higher towing capacity around 10,000 vs 8500 lbs for the Ram. I can't remember towing over 4,000 lbs with any truck I ever had.

Cross-Shopped with Ford, Loved the Ram
By notafraid11 on 08/15/12 15:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After extensive shopping for a full-sized truck - mainly comparing it with the Ford F-150 XLT, I chose the Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Big Horn. It had the perfect mix of features I wanted (back-up camera, navigation) without having to have features I didn't necessarily want to pay for (leather, two-tone paint) that are available in the higher trim lines. Had to jump up to higher trim lines to get these features in the Ford. I also like the look of the Ram better than the Ford (as most seem to), and like its power delivery versus the Ford as well - EcoBoost in the Ford was not very smooth. This is an excellent truck - very high quality, great power, and a great mix of useful mid-line features.

No comparison!
By jseejr on 07/27/12 17:18 PM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd week with this truck, and I still havent wiped the smile off of my face from the first test drive. I drove the F-150, GMC Sierra, and the Toyota Tundra. None of these trucks compare to the Ram. Hemi performance is second to none. Nav, back up camera, Ram Box are all great features that other trucks charge an arm and a leg for. Pulls my trailer with ease. Great value for a great truck!

2012 Big Horn 1500
By tbarkley on 06/20/12 10:09 AM (PDT)

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my 1500 for 2 months now and love it. Its a 2012 1500 "Big Horn" Crew Cab with a 5.7 HEMI. It has all the power in the world, smooth, comfortable ride, all the features I need plus more. I have not had a moments trouble with it. My only complaint is that I'm too short to reach over the bed sides from the ground very well (I'm 5'9").

2012 ram 1500 4x4 laramie
By badbilly62 on 02/18/12 08:56 AM (PST)

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

i traded in a 2009 ram 2500 ctd,before that a ford f-150 xlt and this ram 1500 stands head and shoulders above them in ride quality.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ram 1500 Crew-cab in VA is:

$128 per month*