2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:
Awesome machine
By bfrost2 on 02/17/15 00:49 AM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Alright so this car is absolutely worth the money, I commute 150 miles a day round trip and it runs strong with decent comfort. The only negatives Ive found with this car are if you live where it snows you WILL be jamming out your rims with a snow brush every time you get out of the car or drive around with the car shaking so bad you cant read the guages, it also doesn't do as well as promised on gas I average 23ish. You 100% want the rockford sound system and the CVT transmission is complete junk so buy a 5 speed. (traded my automatic back after 2 weeks because it was so annoying). Other than that this car is amazing and I may buy another one when trade in time rolls around.

2009 ES Sport
By serrilion on 05/22/14 23:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES-Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'll make this simple for everyone... Good parts: Comfortable Kids car seats fit well Safe car Doesn't break down if you keep up with service Is a very good car in the snow for a FWD 5speed Good MPG Lots of Aftermarket Support Rockford sound system is perfect sun roof is nice as well Bad: Paint sucks Shocks in a bad road state get eatten alive Runs better on 91 octane vs recmended 87 should have come with a short shifter Stock factory tires suck and are to skiny Key Fob loses programing for fast system

Amazing vehicle
By sedanfanman on 07/01/13 10:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES-Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2009 Mitsu Lancer ES back in July 2009 and 70K+ miles later, I still love it! I looked at similar vehicles while shopping but fell in love with the handling, performance, and value of this car. I've taken very good care of it and haven't had a single engine problem. My one complaint is the paint. Due to a design flaw there is an unusual amount of paint wear on the side skirts near the rear wheels. Countless chips all over the hood (which, yes, happens. But there is a lot more than normal). One time, while washing the car, I was scrubbing off a dead bug and a decent size paint chip came off with it! That should not happen! Regardless, I'd still recommend this car to everyone!

One of the worst cars ever
By bolshevik on 03/26/13 08:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer DE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car used with little mileage, after a few months I've had to put around a thousand dollars in fixes to it. I had to clean the engine because it was clogged, it has instability problems when accelerating over 60 miles (it vibrates), I had to replace a valve and some other engine internals because they were damaged, had to do injection system cleaning, and the worst of all I have to add oil to it on a constant basis because it just simply consumes a ridiculous amount of oil. My other car a Toyota Yaris 2008 has over 115K (I drive it hard and a lot) and I haven't spent a SINGLE DOLLAR except on the normal oil and tire maintenance which I do by the book.

Love this car
By kazax01 on 10/25/12 12:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

One of the best car you can buy for less than 30K new. Car is fast. AWD makes it any weather car. Exterior is beautiful and aggressive. Got a lot of compliments. Interior is nice, maybe not expensive materials but great quality.

Bought in 2008 as new, and it's still drives like new
By yokohomme on 08/31/12 19:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought it new from MT dealer in 2008. Mine is 09 model es, and it's extremely reliable daily commute car. I personally think this car is way cheaper and better than competitive model Civic and Corolla. My car has put 82,000 miles and never had any single problems. Brakes and tires are very sturdy because I have neven replaced brakes still today.

Almost 3 years going ...thats a record
By loanshark_08 on 04/14/12 11:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES-Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I must say this car is worth my money so far. Most American cars I buy are usually in the shop more than I get to drive then trade them in and become upside down. In July it will be year 3 and that is the longest I have owned a car. This car gets me all over Texas as well as a daily commuter. The only negative I can say is it randomly won't start but then will fire right up. I thought it was a fuel filter but much to my surprise this car only has one in the fuel pump in the gas tank? Upgraded the sound system and w/ Bluetooth makes it one awesome lil car.

2009 Lancer GTS reliability
By goreyno88 on 01/24/12 08:44 AM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2009 Lancer GTS in July 2009, it was running good until it reaches 39700K miles and my clutch just gave up. I took my Lancer to El Cajon Mitsubishi and was told that my plywheel was worn out due to a regular wear and tear. So I ask if it is still covered by warranty but the service advisor said it is not covered by the powertrain warranty since it is not part of the powertrain. So I have no choice except to pay $ 1,700 to replace the clutch plywheel. I have a 1996 Honda Accord but I have never had a transmission problem since I bought it. I would strongly recommend to consumer Look at Honda first before going to Mitsubishi.

Fun and Good Value
By mross77 on 01/17/12 22:56 PM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 07/08 (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2009 GTS used about six months ago and am really enjoying it so far. The 5 speed stick has plenty of power and is quite quick. Handling is very surefooted with little body lean and poised direction changes. Braking with the 4 wheel discs is excellent. Quick, short stops, zero fade and pretty good pedal feel. I would recommend the Sun and Sound package as the Rockford Fosgate stereo alone is well worth the money - far and away the best sound in any vehicle I've owned. I get 22 or 23 mpg around town and 31 on longer trips - not awesome but certainly respectable. Nice roominess front and back for a smaller car and good ability to carry lots of stuff.

Sporty & Fun
By dinger82 on 12/14/11 14:56 PM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife & I bought this car in new 2008. The 2.4L has plenty of power, and we see great MPG Avg 30 or more most of the time.