2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:
IN LOVE
By kevboy89 on 01/05/09 11:34 AM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have been wanting this car since I started driving. I was looking at the previous generation models and they were nice, because I figured I couldn't afford a new one. However, they are very affordable, and I was able to get a 2007. So far I am loving this car as I knew I would, Sunset Pearlescent color is amazing, V6 is more than enough, very comfortable (except in the back seat, but I didn't buy it for people to ride in the back). I got used to the blind spots within days.

Nice car, but
By bajajanice on 08/29/08 13:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car when I bought it brand new, however, there are too many blind spots when driving with the top up. I have had this car for 8 months and I have to take it in, the top hydraulic system is out already and needs to be checked. I feel the frame of the car is weak. The car is so low that the nose scraps on everything. This car is an accident waiting to happen with all the blind spots. Other than that, the car is beautiful and gets lots of looks

Practical Everyday Sporty Convertible
By Practical sports car on 07/16/08 09:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I live in Colorado and wanted a sporty convertible that could be driven all year, even in snow. I wanted a little extra room to carry things on a road trip. I wanted an easy roof to put up and take down. Lastly, good gas mileage. This car does it all! The front wheel drive got me through every snowstorm last winter. We just completed a 2500 mile road trip and carried a bunch of family heirlooms in the trunk and back seat. We averaged 26.5 MPG with the four cylinder driving 4 mph over the limit all the time. The top goes up or down in 17 seconds with no tucking or booting, can be done at a stop light.It is the only new car I have ever purchased that hasn't been back to the dealer for warranty.

Fun to drive, bad blind spots
By kra on 07/03/08 09:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Absolutely love this car! Got it for better fuel economy (traded an Xterra), and I get about 300 miles to a tank, more on the highway (though not too much more). The car is just a joy to own and drive. No unscheduled maintenance needed yet, but the vehicle is young (9 months so far). The convertible top folds down very quickly - ~19 seconds. All that said, there are complaints. See suggested improvements

my spyder
By Dennis on 04/04/08 12:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I own an Endevor and the quality of that made me look at the Spyder. I'm very happy with this car. The speed and handling is very acceptable. You don't buy this car for backseat space. Overall, so far I have really had no problems with this car. My wife loves driving it also and my friends are very impressed with the stereo and the sleek sexy look of it. The convertible drops down so smooth and tucks away in the trunk.

Once Again, I Love My Car
By Daddy on 03/19/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The trunk is big enough for all of my and my son's luggage when we go to the airport. The car is fun to drive, but most of all I love the stereo. I can fit about 140 songs on an MP3 CD, and the in-dash will take 6 of them, so there's no need for an iPod. After almost 18 months though, there is a rattle from the subwoofer at certain frequencies. Taking it tomorrow to get that fixed under warranty. All in all, I love this car! It's not perfect, but fun to drive.

Car of my dreams
By OrangeSkie on 02/27/08 21:05 PM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have wanted this car for ten years and bought it brand new off the lot. Have really enjoyed having it. I have a four year old daughter and it is somewhat friendly even for her. The top is easy to put up and down. It handles like a dream and I drive it hard. It is really good on the road with wind not blown all over the place and the safty features are great.

A car that looks and performs well
By Jules on 12/11/07 10:58 AM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is fun! The lack of features excluded at purchase can be dishearting but can be made up in the overall performance of the vehicle. In my first year of ownership, regular oil changes have maintained a smooth running vechile. The only real problems I have experienced is with the steering radius and electronic drop top. Small cosmetic pieces popping off were an issue. Thus far, the eclipse is a realiable vehicle.

Hottest Convertible
By HMehlman on 11/16/07 05:09 AM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car has lots of power ... and gets lots of looks! Nice featues such as radio and placement of controls. Decent ride. It's not a small car! Park it next to others and you'd be surprised how big it really is! Plus ... I eat Mustangs any day of the week!

Smiling
By Teezie on 09/27/07 16:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Started shopping for a two-seater convertible; Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Skye, Nissan 350Z all great cars, but either gutless or too spendy. Found my Spyder, with 3,440 miles, 5 grand less than new and the previous owner had put on 245/35ZR20 low profile tires and 20" rims. No brainer. This car is so much fun to drive, a little more room than a conventional two-seater, handles corners great, the wind doesn't knock it around and the top is much quieter than my Mustang convertible GT was. Comfortable on road trips, excellent exhaust note. Shifting is a breeze and a pleasure. Stereo adjusts automatically when you put the top down, lines are sleek and sporty. Love it all.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.