Used 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

What's not to like
By airship capt

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this spyder new and now have only 23,000 on it. Not much has gone wrong yet. There is a heat shield that rattles because of the Ohio winters and the salt on the roads corroded it loose. It handles quite well for a 4cyl. but wish I had gotten the 6. Gas mileage is good, not great, but what do you want for 170 horses. Needs a place to put your left arm when it is not on the wheel. CD changer would not play some CDs when it got very hot outside, then it fixed its self when it cooled down. Top is well designed and works very fast. Top material seems to be high quality and does not make much noise at highway speeds. Aerodynamics with top down are very good.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, Sound system, fast top up and down, fun to drive. Great sound from exhaust.

Suggested Improvements

Left arm resting spot for driver. Decrease blind spots. Sixth gear

My Spyder
By James

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first car. I have mixed opinions on this car. Mine is black with grey interior and tan roof. Some Pro's are -Good heated seats, - Good stereo system, - Excellent brakes, - Good Handling. The Con's are -Terrible roof, I have 8 tears in it from the roof being defective. Getting it replaced under warranty is apparently 1 in a million chance but a new one is $1600 + labor. Good luck with that. - TERRIBLE ACCELERATION, it's almost a joke. -Underpowered so much that when you have passengers gas mileage is about 17 to the gallon. -Rattles everywhere. -Backseat too small -Cheap to the touch. -Top leaks in car washes and can't be patched or fixed without buying a new one. Do not buy this car

Favorite Features

Stereo System, Brakes, Leather with heated seats, Handling.

Suggested Improvements

Better turning radius, quality top, more aggressive styling, more power with better mileage, better top, autodimming mirrors because all suv lights are in your eyes. Bigger backseat and trunk. Power seats. Get up and go.

WOW!!!!
By rixrd1

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this car, and it is so amazing. I have been researching the Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder online and decided to purchase a used one. No regrets so far. I haven't driven with the top down yet, so I cannot say much about it. Driving this vehicle is fun. I like the fact that the vehicle is FWD so it is a little bit more easier to drive in the snow.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, sound system, compass, Mivec V6, and interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Visibility is not that good when the top is up, and Mitsu should of installed an auxiliary outlet. Since the vehicle is low to the ground, Mitsu should of put an auto dimmer rear view mirror. It is annoying when driving at night and a SUV is driving behind you.

Loves it
By Driven to thrill

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I originally leased my vehicle back in March 07' After almost 3 years, it's been so reliable and so much fun to drive that I decided to go ahead and purchase it before my lease was up. Great car, just wish it wasn't front wheel drive and had a better turning radius.

Favorite Features

listening to the exhaust note with the top down, 6 speed manual tranny, color (sunset pearl)

Suggested Improvements

turning radius, rear or all wheel drive

Happy owner
By heliflyer216

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car quite unexpectedly. I saw it in a Mitsubishi lot and the design drew me in. After extensive test drives (and web research), I was pleasantly surprised. It has power, comfort, handling, and style. The convertible top is so easy to put up or down. The interior is amazingly quiet when the top is up. I've had the car for 6 months and its still a joy to own and drive. I highly recommend this car! Consumer Reports doesn't have much nice to say about this car. But actual owners adore the Eclipse. Listen to the owners!

Favorite Features

Engine power, Convertible top ease of use, and gas mileage 19 City, 24 highway.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like the seats to recline more like the hardtops do.