2008 JCWorks, Sidewalk special edition
By MINIMAN55 on
2008 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)
Head turner, slick styling. The supercharger whine, exhaust note, and g-force experienced when I punch it are addicting, not to mention illegal. Rough ride on bumpy roads but amazing handling and control. The back seat is small (it's a MINI, duh!). Muscle car performance at 28 mpg and I ain't sparing it. For traveling fast and light, whether commuting or having fun, you can't beat it. Leather, stereo, ergonomics are excellent (I'm 6'3"). Automatic climate control works well and doesn't bog the engine at all. Looking up at Civics and Priuses in traffic took some getting used to, but if I don't want to look at them I don't have to - punch it and watch them get smaller.
Favorite Features
Performance and handling. The high beams will scorch paint. The stereo sound is awesome. A bag of chips, a bottle of water, and change from my $20 bill after filling up with no-lead primo is pretty cool too.
Suggested Improvements
I'm not sure the ride quality can be improved upon without compromising the handling (not worth it). I would have opted for a 6-disk CD player if it were available. You had better like the CD in the player, be prepared to pull over, or bring a passenger. You will not change a CD on the fly and live.