Used 2004 Mercury Marauder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercury Marauder - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (72 reviews )

MY MARAUDER
By JAMES REED

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I LIKED THE MARAUDER WHEN IT FIRST CAME, BUT I DID NOTHING ABOUT IT UNTIL I HEARD IT WAS BEING DISCONTINUED. THEN I RUSHED OUT AND BOUGHT IT! IT'S A GREAT ALL-AROUND PERFORMANCE CAR. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU ABOUT IT IN THE MOTORING PRESS. IT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST SECRETS IN THE AUTO INDUSTRY. I SIMPLY LIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT. I ALWATS WANTED A LARGE MUSCLECAR, LIKE THOSE IN THE 1960'S AND EARLY 1970'S. MOST CRITICS OF THE MARAUDER SIMPLY DON'T GET IT, AND THEY NEVER WILL.

THE PERFORMANCE. THE RIDE. THE HANDLING. THE LOOKS. THE COMFORT. THE STEREO/CD PLAYERS. THE VALUE FOR THE MONEY. DID I MENTION THE GREAT PERFORMANCE?

5 SPEED AUTO TRANS. SUPERCHARGED V8 ENGINE. EVEN MORE HORSEPOWER. 4.10:1 AXLE RATIO. MORE WATTS AND SPEAKERS IN THE STEREO. THE SPOILER SHOULD BE STANDARD.

a rare find, very cool
By buckyboy

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is not for everyone. It is only for the ones who know about this car, and wanted it from day one. I am glad i bought this car. There are some things one might complain about, although minor, YOU WONT HEAR IT FROM ME. One thing you cant deny about this car is the cool factor. Although every car could have more horses, this car is overflowing with testosterone. I like the fact that it is rare, but wish people would stop saying it looks like a cop car. I didnt buy it for that reason. Mine is black with blacked out windows, it looks downrite mean! It truely is a great combination of luxury, performance, and style.

I like the simple interior. The comfort is great, and the seats will fit anyone. Plent of leg room. Very smooth power, enough power to earn respect. The sunroof is a nice feature. The stereo is good, but could have a better amp/subwoofer/speakers. This car handles well for a big car.

xenons,more powerfull stereo,autoshifter, navigation, a little more lower end torque(it has plenty now), deeper louder exhaust note (again, it has a nice tone now) considering all of these things can be aftermarket items, the car is just right forthe$.

Ross's (04) Maurader
By Ross R. Raymond

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have finally found the perfect car (for me),it's big,beautiful and very responsive!,I also get what I consider good milage for a two ton plus car.

Heated-seats,overall roominess,response.

None

A $32,000+ Car?
By Dominique

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'm astonishing that Mercury can price a car over $32,000. 302 horses sound great. But no appearance at all. Seems to be a taxi-looking car. Both exterior & interior are definately eye- sored. Even Ford T-Bird looks better. With $32,000+ budget, smart people can look for Acura TL (270hp), Nissan 350Z (287hp), Subaru Impreza WRX STI (300hp), Infiniti G35 (260-280hp). Or with few additional grands, people can buy BMW 330i (225hp) or Volkswagen Passat W8 (270hp). 0-60 for those cars are around 6.0 sec. WRX STI is even less than 5.0 sec. Just think about it..!!

Big horsepower.

Must be totally redesigned and should lower the price to $26,000. It's very ridiculous to price to car to $32,000+.

True Big Car
By tiggerrage

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

$35000. Sport car,get Evo. Mid size,get Acura TL.FULL SIZE, get the Marauder. I wanted room, power, and attitude. I was worried about reliability.Police have THEM and last a long time, Good enough reliability for me.The ride is very smooth and nice rumple, wish it was 5 speed auto.Does very well for what it is. Want speed add the super charger. I only have 800 miles, the car seems very nice and solid. Remember, this is a BIG Car and 302 Hp. At 32 yrs old and had to pick a vehical under $35 g, I picked the Marauder. I have yet to have any remorse getting it. With rebates, can't really beat it.

Comfort and Room. Styling. The Rumple. Or as I put it, the ATTITUDE.

5 speed Auto. Louder Sterio. Of course a super charger option.