2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Fantastic fun top up or down
By Harry on 01/27/06 22:51 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I ordered my car to obtain the options I wanted especially a manual trans. I also got the AMG kit and sports suspension. The car is a true sports car in this configuration and handles exceedingly well. The interior is thoughtfully laid out and well appointed. The manual is new for the redesigned SLK and has solid and short throws. Ultimately though the car was purchased for its fantastic hardtop convertible feature. With the top up it is very quiet but 22 seconds later you are enjoying a great convertible. If you keep the windows raised and use the wind blocker you can drive comfortably down into the 40 degree range. I did get the airscarf and it in NOT a gimmick. It is a must have.

Got to have it
By SMassey on 01/21/06 22:12 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

WOW!! I have looked and driven many different cars, but this tops the charts. It's styling, performance, and the hard top says it all. I had several cars that I was comparing for this purchase, but the SLK350 had everything. Spend the little extra to get the heated seat package, well spent money when top is down in the cool weather. Very quite with top on, but unbelieveably quite when top is off. Seats I was worried from past reviewers would not be comfortable, but have to say they are built the way they should be and with the heat on I feel pampered, even having back troubles. I say go for it, you won't be disappointed; and if anything you'll find excuses for going out for a drive.

My First AMG
By Arisdad on 01/08/06 21:35 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I bought this car after a couple of test drives and I have no regrets. It accelerates like a 60's muscle car and handles beautifully. It was a great replacement for my TT roadster. While other manufacturers may offer fancier instrument panels (my wife's BMW 530i for instance), I love the simplicity of the MB cabin.

SLK280
By Eric on 01/01/06 22:01 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is really fun to drive. It handles well in the curves without being too harsh, and the 7 speed auto works well with the 2.8 litre engine. Good blend of power and mileage - about 24 mpg in town and 30 on the freeway. It has more head room than the Lexus SC 430 and the trunk fits our largest suitcase, even with the top down - not bad for a little car. Air scarf and heated seats work great. Standard radio is fair, and the stock Michelin Pilot Primacy tires are noisy. Everythng works perfect. I love the exterior appearance, top up or down, and the gray interior looks sharp. This car makes going to work, running errands, and seeking out scenic, windy roads a lot of fun.

Great Car!!
By cabmansc on 12/30/05 15:24 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

This is truly a great car to drive everyday! It's fast, comfortable, reliable and just overall amazing. With the top up or down there is no better ride out their for the money!

My new SLK280
By yurella on 12/18/05 15:51 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Everything is perfect about the car except the stupid cupholder design! One tiny bump in the road and your drink drips down the center control panel. Also I should have waited for the model with the heat scarf and better stereo system. After market Mercedes did not wire the glove box to add a changer, and the base stereo package does not come with rear speakers, just dummy speaker covers which makes the sound thin. Drives great.....love it otherwise

My Mercedes Rocketship
By Desmond Hirst on 12/13/05 09:31 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love to drive this vehicle, particularly with the top down. I have a 7 speed automatic. I love the retractable hardtop and the air scarf system. I do not find the blind spots often mentioned in reviews, because the pillarless large side windows give outstanding vision. Fuel economy has been better than I expected. The only problem I have, is that the sport seats are a little hard, and can get a little uncomfortable on an extemely long trip (5 hours or more). Overall, driving this car is an exhilarating experience.

The New Mercedes SLK Class
By Bryce on 12/05/05 18:21 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After testing many convertibles, it was easy to go back to the Mercedes dealership (check in hand) and make my purchase. The fun-to-drive feature can't be beat, but the combined with safety and overall performance make the SLK-Class truly a "best in class" vehicle. And of course, the little Mercedes insignia on my keychain is pretty cool too. Let's face it, when you're buying a luxury converible, it's kinda cool to know you're driving a Benz!

2006 SLK280
By JJK on 12/03/05 20:49 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded in my BMW 328is for the Mercedes slk280. I looked into the BMW z4, Porsche boxster, and the Mercedes CLK in addition to the SLK. Besides some very minor interior design detail flaws the car is a perfect match. The dealership was a major factor in purchasing. Since BMW left me with a sour taste due to their poor customer service in the repair department. I chose the Mercedes which ranked in my opinion neck and neck with the z4. Mercedes service and responsiveness was out of this world. The entire transaction was effortless and w/o a doubt a fine deal all around. Absolutely no regret. SLK280 w/stand. Trans was more than powerful. The automatic version wasn't as fun.

It's worth the price
By mirrordor on 11/19/05 15:55 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My wife had a SLK 320 and I never liked it; I am very small but feel cramped in it. I don't feel that way with the SLK 350. It no longer looks like a chic car. Handling is much better and it does feel sporty. All the creak and groan are gone with the top up. Top folding and raising are much faster than the SLK 320. The freeway milage is surprising (27.4). Some people may like more storing space but I think the CD changer in the glove box is more convenient. The flip top features of the arm rest is also convenient. The automatic partial rolling down of the windows may help to prevent the leaking of the door weather strips (as in the SLK 320).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.