2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Sweet!
By B Kalla on 04/26/06 20:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Mercedes and I love it. I look forward to going to work so I can drive it. Great power and handling. Turns on a dime, and stops in no time. Need to be careful, even with the top down it is easy to get over the speed limit without even noticing. Love the retractable top. Great sound system with the upgrade and neck scarf is nice. Gets surprisingly good gas mileage, I get 25+ mpg on my drive to work as long as the top is up and 22- 23 with the top down.

SLK350 is Great!
By haroldws on 04/21/06 12:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car as a toy for driving this spring and summer. So far it has been nothing short of wonderful.

Great Car
By larry on 04/20/06 13:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car, great performance, fun to drive. Recommend spending extra to get the entertainment package really worth the $'s. Also recommend the ipod kit. Nice to have all that music available in such a great car. This car will perform when pushed and the sound from the engine is thrilling. Con-watch out for speed bumps and curb stoppers. the front cowl is low and it is easy to bump without knowing.

Awesome!
By lacie on 03/23/06 13:58 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

If you're shy don't get this -- it's definitely an attention getter. It's an awesome car. The ride is stiff and depending on your road conditions, you will feel it. No problems at all on the highway though -- nice and smooth. I also find the middle and back compartments a bit hard to get at. It is low to the ground so can be hard to get out of for some. Not thrilled with COMAND controls -- my other car (BMW 528) is much more intuitive and I agree with Arisdad that the panel is better on the BMW. Understeer is more pronounced than I expected. These are of course all very minor complaints. The car is exactly what you expect but a lot more fun.

I love my SLK!
By Wow! on 03/02/06 08:00 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just got my SLK and LOVE it! Its exterior is so sharp, and the car is so fun to drive. (I'm one of those crazy "have to have a manual" for fun factor!) I look forward to warm weather and being able to drive with the top down. The car is quiet. I love having the navigation system and the stereo upgrade. I don't know about the reliability as the car is so new. Vroom!

So you want fast...
By wow on 02/28/06 04:05 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I can't tell you all the fun I've had so far. The SLK 350 is so fast with 7 speed auto trans. We all know the 0 to 60 mph in 5.5 sec but how about this 60 to 90 in 3.2 sec!! Wow, this car is a dream for under $50k

Almost perfect
By Keith Shamblin on 02/26/06 07:00 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Besides not being able to find exactly what options I wanted in the color I wanted I absolutely love this car, I just didn't feel like waiting 3-4 months. I really wanted to at least test drive a 6 speed manual but no dealers in my area had one in stock or even on order, strange huh. But I have to admit the 7 speed auto is pretty responsive, especially in sport/ summer mode. I wasn't looking to get the Airscarf but now I wouldn't have one without it. We recently took a 2 day trip and came over the Sierra's at night with the top down, temps in the 20's and we were quite cozy. It was AWESOME being able to see the stars.

A fun car to own
By Niels Mossbeck on 02/15/06 18:14 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

We got the car delivered in October and there was still some season left to enjoy the "topless" ride. The air scarf makes this convertibe fun to drive even by temperatures are in the 50'es. We use the car only as a fun toy when the weather is right. A hardtop/convertible is the way to go. The trunk space is limited and makes shopping sprees more afordable.

Frank V.
By Frank V on 02/13/06 23:04 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 2006 SLK has great styling, and the good looks of it's bigger brother, the SL series. I enjoy its "Bat Man" face, ease of convertible top operation, and other "systems" as well. It is a good value and a fun machine to drive on a daily basis, assuming you have another vehicle to do the "work" when need be, such as our ML series SUV. Frank Vranicar

SLK3550
By Ggerryd on 02/02/06 16:37 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Vehicle is a great handling car. Layout internally is outstanding. The response of the top is very good. The gas mileage is better than I expected, but is not real good. GPS was hard to understand at first but after using it a few times it has been great. Styling outside is terific, gret lines. Very happy with this automobile.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.