Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

I love my clk 430 cabriolet
By Hugo

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted a convertible with a backseat. I almost bought a BMW 645 / 650 cabrio used, but found this low miles beauty for almost half the price at the same dealership. No regrets!

Great Car
By VJR

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car from a coworker. It has been wonderful from the beginning (including when my coworker owned it). Because I didn't purchase it new it isn't equipped the way I would. e.g., I would want navigation and rear backup sensors. But I've had very few mechanical issues and have definitely enjoyed ownership.

Dashboard layout, strong a/c, power convertible top, top up cruising is like a coupe, great heated seats, 'rest' a/c.

Feel 'something' in the handling, I think from the staggered tire setup; rides too low so scraping front air dam is tough to avoid; power top must be manually initiated (prefer one button operation), would like 2 small windows in the top (by rear seats) to reduce blind spot when top is up.

Amazing Car
By Nickinday

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

A car you will love

Handling, Power, Gadgets, No B pillar

Its pretty perfect the new replacement E coupe looks great but lacks the comfort.

Classy, smooth power
By Tom

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This my fourth pre-owned M-B (got it last month with 35K miles). The timeless design is head-turning and will look great decades from now. The V8 rumble is music to the ears at any RPM. I am still getting used the the awesome torque and horsepower even though I once had an E420 (there was a Honda Element between these two M-Bs, so I guess that explains that). Just starting it in the garage puts a smile on my face. The lack of B-pillars gives the car an almost convertible feel with windows down and the moonroof open, yet there is not a hint of wind noise when all is closed up. The build quality is and driving experience is solid, top- notch, and always enjoyable.

Seamless, smooth power with decent fuel economy, muscular exhaust note, and great handling yet still with a smooth ride. The thing that hands you the seat belt is so cool, and always amuses passengers. I can't help but say "Thank you James" every time, as if talking to a butler.

The Bose sound system is only so-so, and I think this was addressed in later year models.

CLK 430 Cab
By MK

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love my 430 convertible. When I got the car, it was 4 years old but I still love it. The look, handling, convertible, heated seats, comfortable leather seats, and AC are my favorite features. I live in Calgary, AB where we have wicked winters at -35 degrees celcius (-31 F) and hot summer days at +35 degrees celcius (95 F) and this car handles the different seasons perfectly. I do suggest throwing some chrome rims on the car, which makes it look like a million dollars.

The handling, the look, drop-top, the comfortable leather heated seats, 6 disk cd changer.

Better cup holders, more reliable front bumper, hard top, CD changer in the front not the trunk, CD player that plays mp3 cds, and ipod compatibility.