2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
I love my clk 430 cabriolet
By Hugo on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted a convertible with a backseat. I almost bought a BMW 645 / 650 cabrio used, but found this low miles beauty for almost half the price at the same dealership. No regrets!

Great Car
By VJR on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car from a coworker. It has been wonderful from the beginning (including when my coworker owned it). Because I didn't purchase it new it isn't equipped the way I would. e.g., I would want navigation and rear backup sensors. But I've had very few mechanical issues and have definitely enjoyed ownership.

Amazing Car
By Nickinday on 12/20/09 20:58 PM (PST)

A car you will love

Classy, smooth power
By Tom on 01/31/09 07:52 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This my fourth pre-owned M-B (got it last month with 35K miles). The timeless design is head-turning and will look great decades from now. The V8 rumble is music to the ears at any RPM. I am still getting used the the awesome torque and horsepower even though I once had an E420 (there was a Honda Element between these two M-Bs, so I guess that explains that). Just starting it in the garage puts a smile on my face. The lack of B-pillars gives the car an almost convertible feel with windows down and the moonroof open, yet there is not a hint of wind noise when all is closed up. The build quality is and driving experience is solid, top- notch, and always enjoyable.

CLK 430 Cab
By MK on 08/10/08 14:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love my 430 convertible. When I got the car, it was 4 years old but I still love it. The look, handling, convertible, heated seats, comfortable leather seats, and AC are my favorite features. I live in Calgary, AB where we have wicked winters at -35 degrees celcius (-31 F) and hot summer days at +35 degrees celcius (95 F) and this car handles the different seasons perfectly. I do suggest throwing some chrome rims on the car, which makes it look like a million dollars.

2003 CLK55 AMG
By Robert on 06/04/08 13:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

Car is exceptional. I bought it used with 36000 miles on it in October 2007; it now has just over 42,000 miles on it. Car handles like a dream and corners like it is on rails, even at high speeds. Very fun to drive not to mention my wife and I both get lots of looks (not because we are weird looking either). My next car will be without a doubt a Mercedes. The power and acceleration offered with the AMG engine is awewsome. We have never lost a race at a stop light yet, even against a BMW M class. Mileage is not too good, even when driving normally. Averages around 14 or 15. Am taking it on a road trip this weekend.

My 2003 Mercedes CLK 320 Convertible
By Shane Park on 05/21/08 13:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

When I purchased my 2003 pre-owned smoked silver Mercedes CLK 320 convertible with 19" chrome AMG rims and low profile tires I knew I was in for some major fun. The first thing that caught my eye (other than the glimmer of the rims) was the way the top retracted neatly into its space then dissappeared as the rear cover closed. The look of this car with the top down is by far the best convertible look I have ever seen. The exterior lines are true to a well designed Mercedes and the interior look does not lack at all in design but I prefer less plastic. The 265 HP engine speeds you smoothly around anyone in your way and the electronic shifter supplies you with the added hill power when needed.

CLK 500
By Voila on 03/13/08 07:32 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been excellent from day one. The 500 has excellent horse power and the fuel economy is good for me, The design is excellent! You can tell they really thought this model through. Very comfortable. The car handles well and especially with the sport package. My car has the black with cream interior. Other colors I would consider is the silver, and the navy. Stay away from red and white colors for this car.

A true sport/luxury convertible
By matt on 08/22/07 14:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Love my certified C430 cabriolet! It is a beautiful black opal, black clot top and ash interior. The Bose sound system is 2nd to none and build quality is excellent. I do believe this is an instant collectible and will only increase in value over the years. The big 4.3 litre V-8 gets over 25mpg on road trips and the comfort is superior to any other convertible out there. When the top is up you would think you where in a hardtop coupe. Probably the most beautiful car I have ever owned. If you are looking for a high quality dependable used convertible, I would strongly suggest one of these!

AMG, name says it all
By Steve on 06/09/06 10:01 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

I got it used in Queens. couldn't resist it's styling in and out and when i took it out for a test drive, it was amazing. Superb handling and performance at the same time. I cannot be more satisfied with this car other than for its gas mileage. I just did a drag on it and got an impressive 5.02 sec 0-60mph! always room for improvements. Thinking about few Kleemann parts here and there. Overall, lovin' it everyday since the first day.