2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Fun, but totally unreliable
By clkcabriolet on 04/01/13 12:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Convertible

I bought my car for a weekend convertible from the original owner who used it the same way. It has always been kept in an environmentally controlled garage and dealer maintained in its 41,000 miles . It is good looking, drives well and lots of fun.... when it works. I owned 60s Alfa Romeos and Ferraris, but none that broke like this Mercedes. The transmission, convertible top pump, computer module, trunk lock, radio, oxygen sensor and dashboard have all died. Did I mention the constant fault lights on the dash? Mercedes says this is typical. I love mine and my wife's Acuras. The ultimate luxury is dependability. If I wanted a beautiful but poor quality car I would have bought a Jaguar.

Wunderbar
By Mikel on 10/31/07 11:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Convertible

Love this little red conv. turns heads even at 7. Tires wear fast, some small electronic issues, mostly a nusance

Love This Car
By appeal2 on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Convertible

I bought this car with 2500 miles on it back in summer of 2000. I put on another 26000 miles the past two summers. The car is a classic. Mine came loaded with nav, orthopoedic seats, xenons and cd changer. It rides like a dream. The brakes are the best of any car I have ever owned. Stopping from 60-0 seems to take place in about 105 feet. It eats front tires in about 16k miles. Gas mileage comes in about 18-21. Its pretty peppy, 0-60 in 7.4+. Engine has a nice growl when accelerating. Taking down the top is easy but not one touch. Sound system could be better, but is adequate. Doesn't matter when you're doing triple digits with the top down.

Luv My Mercedes
By Jay Cutler on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Convertible

Still gets praise for its beauty whenever its getting gas or valet parked. Only complaint is the occasional over bumps' squeaks, coming from I suspect the convertible top and how it locks onto the frame (my wife insists the noise is from the dashboard). The car is still a dream and even my most obese non front seat passenger doesn't complain about room in the back . In fact it can take two not so big people fairly comfortably in the rear seat.

a real blast from the past
By bg516 on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Convertible

this car is not only great to drive and does everything well, but i have the 430 clk cab. and it moves out like a muscle car. a real blast form the past with all the features we want today. worth owning this one.

CLK 430 Cab - Excellent Auto
By KFarrND on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Convertible

I've had my 430 for almost 3 years and it has driven better than any car I have ever owned. Only problem I have had is one electrical failure with the top, and the ground effects on the front grill. It's too easy to hit those concrete parking barriers. But the car handles flawlessly, has plenty of power for street driving and feels extremely solid for a convertible. Even at 34,000 miles this car still runs like its brand new.

Tough to beat!
By Brisbourne on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Convertible

OK, not quite the build quality that you've been led to believe, but the ownership bargain of a lifetime! After 10000 miles, the performance comes on strong, and the whole driving experience improves. Noticeably better when driven hard Trunk is surprisingly useful as long as you pack soft. Without the options, (heated seats, etc) a little cheap inside with obvious 'missing' switches on the otherwise nice black ash console. Pay the money for the multicontour seats...they make a substantial difference in comfort over long distances. Verdict? I have a 2004 500CLK on order!!

Perfect- save for no manual trans option
By botandrews on 03/13/02 08:38 AM (PST)

Great car