2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Consumer Review: Extreme bang for your buck!

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 - Consumer Review

Extreme bang for your buck!
By Mikey6273 on

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned the car for about 3 weeks now and it is an absolute pleasure to drive. I was planning on waiting for the new STi, however I'm glad I decided on the MS3 for both practicality and affordability. Plenty fast for a mid-thirty year old, gas mileage is a solid 26 mpg (I do a lot of city driving), and it handles like it's on rails through the curves. Motor Trend just did a comparison between the MS3, the wrx, gti and ralliart, and out of all of them, this is the "point and shoot racer" that simply feels much more "dialed in". Believe me, they're spot on. I simply can't stop grinning.

Favorite Features

Honestly, the entire car, from the styling to the tech package, performance, handling and excellent gas mileage for a vehicle with 263 hp and 280 ft/lbs torque. Sure there is torque steer, but it is quite manageable and not overbearing.

Suggested Improvements

A sunroof and the cup holders. I find that my forearm occasionally hits the top of my girlfriend's water bottle when shifting (perhaps I should raise the seat more) . Also, the forward sliding armrest prevents a drink from occupying the second holder.