2014 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Still in love after 45k
By sbronemann on 09/16/14 06:40 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have managed 32.6 MPG over 45k so far. Love the handling-it is a blast to drive. Could use a bit more HP. The transmission is flawless. It's nice to actually have a 6-speed instead of a CVT junk. Stock tires are junk. Opted to get 18" rims and 245/45/18 tires instead and the ride quality has improved a bit. Just a blast to drive and the MPG is a huge bonus. Have gotten a best tank of 578 miles and 37.9 MPG. Would be happy to answer any questions as I have one of the highest mileage 2014's out there according to www.fuelly.com from what I have seen.

Just LOVE this car! 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
By rudy_w on 08/16/14 18:04 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just a tremendous car if you appreciate handling and enjoy driving. Has me looking forward to highway on-ramps and off-ramps. So stable and planted in corners! Good power, nice 6-speed Auto Transmission (love the paddle shifters on the Grand Touring), mileage is excellent -- easy to get between 35-40 on the highway at normal speeds, and even in-town, it usually gets around 30. It rides firm, no question: if you want a cushy ride, this isn't your car. But it rewards you every time the road starts to curve, and always delivers really good mileage. Good interior space, nice flat trunk, nice back seat. This is absolutely a must-see if you're considering any of the other family sedans.

Not Meeting Expectations
By jtb82 on 06/27/14 10:55 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The car has a great appearance and seemed to be a decent value, but the fuel economy has not even come close to the averages seen on the window sticker. The sticker averages were 26 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway. My car is averaging 24 mpg and I drive mostly on highways. Would not recommend!

Its getting boring, talking to all the people who ask about it
By troythiel on 06/19/14 04:12 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

have had the car a little over a week, 15 GT in Reflex Blue with the almond leather package...and people on the street ask about it everyday...the car is just so dang beautiful that people want to know more about it....I don't have time to tell people about how great the car is...its great in every way so far!

Just took delivery - so far so good
By mrod500 on 06/17/14 08:32 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I haven't had the car a week yet but so far so good. I agree with the others that it's arguable one of the best looking cars on the road today. I also like that I'm not lumped into the "Camry and Accord" group. There simply aren't that many Mazda 6's on the road so it's nice to be a little different. I can see why they charge more for red or white. I went with white since so many of my friends have red cars. It looks great! I traded in a Corolla for this car so naturally it feels super loaded to me and it is. It's got literally everything. I've had several BMW models in the past and I like to feel the road and that's what you get with the huge 19" wheels.

Fun, practical mid-size for enthusiasts
By kj123 on 06/02/14 11:13 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

If you like the handling of German cars but not the frequent repairs and upsized price, this may be the car for you. The ride is comfortable but definitely firmer relative to Accord, Camry, etc. My most recent cars were Audi A4, BMW 328 and VW Passat. This car is larger than the first two and gets better mileage than all of them...for thousands less. I checked for road noise at highway speeds based on many reviews and also, rough downshifts. I have not personally experienced issues with either.

Best in class mid-sized sedan
By greg16891 on 05/29/14 11:12 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After placing an order in March of '13, I got my vehicle in August and I now have 16K trouble free miles on it. After reading virtually all of the available reviews on affordable mid sized sedans and driving those that I was willing to consider (Honda, Toyota, Chevy, Hyundai and Subaru), buying a 6 was an easy decision. The car has met all of my expectations for a fun to drive sedan that gets solid gas mileage and that does not look like everything else on the road.

Can't stop looking at it or driving it... wow... stunning automobile.
By cecmazda6 on 05/27/14 11:47 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Wow how many superlatives are there in the English dictionary? I've had some pretty nice midsized cars in recent years - '11 Optima EX, 12 Sonata 2.0 Turbo limited (nice turbo power) & even an 09 Mazda6 Touring (which like a great indie film excellent but under publicized), but great as these all were in their own respects, none evoked the level of pure joy my meteor gray 2014 6 touring w/tech package has! Looks are subjective but I literally can't stop looking at it & snapping photos haha! Ride remarkably smooth despite 19" rims & tight suspension. Cabin dead silent at idle road noise not that bad. Great acceleration close to Sonata turbo despite 90 less hp. Fantastic car!!!

10 months and 11K miles
By emeraldo on 05/10/14 18:55 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the best car I've ever owned. I've owned Acuras, VWs and Toyotas. This car is hands down the most comfortable and fun to drive of all these cars. Also gets the best mileage, a really remarkable event in a car this size. 29mpg 60% hwy, 40% cty. We are all aware that the 6 does not have the largest nor highest res nav screen. Those who need a large nav screen so they can pay less attention to the road have many choices. I prefer something simpler and have found the 6's easy to use, with excellent turn-by-turn in particular. If you want a car with two meaningless chrome rings in a loopy center stack, and a geriatric speedometer, I'd certainly recommend an Accord.

Simply love it!
By rfh3223 on 04/30/14 16:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had Honda, Ford, Acura, and Hyundai's, but I love my 6! I feel like James Bond in it, LOL! The exterior styling is extremely stylish. Just love, love, love this car in and out!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Mazda Mazda6 in VA is:

$143 per month*