2014 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
No Valet Protection! Beware of the Small Things
By condor2fly on 04/16/14 19:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have deep buyer's remorse. I agree with most of fawning reviews concerning the car's style and how it drives. But oh how I wished I'd examined it more carefully for practical lifestyle needs, when I went for that test drive. Subsequently, I was bummed to discover the only way to open and then lock the doors and trunk is to dig my key set with the key fob out of my pocket, rather than pushing a little button. A couple days later I was shocked and mortified to discover that I cannot secure my identity papers or anything in the glove box or the trunk, because there's no valet system whatever--not even a key. I live in Los Angeles, and now I cannot valet, without removing a bunch of things?

really incredible car
By dancingyaya on 04/06/14 14:20 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am so pleased with this car. It is stylish and sleek. The design is distinctive. It rides very smoothly and gets great gas mileage. I like to drive, and in this car, I feel very connected to the driving experience. The steering is responsive, the fuel economy is great, yet the power is there when you need or want it. Interior is comfortable, ride is quiet, Bose stereo system is great.

Real driver, real world
By nwcab1 on 03/29/14 16:39 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Every review on here seems to be written by Mazda's PR dept. This car has a major issue. Everything about the car is excellent, except for the transmission. It is flat out terrible. Read the reviews at cars.com, this is not isolated. In their attempt to save gas, Mazda has created a transmission that will not shift down unless you floor it, and then the pedal engages some sort of performance button imbedded in the floor and the car lurches forward unsafely. Real world driving is miserable. Every down shift is met with a delay sending your body forward, and then the car lurches forward a second later. Simply awful. Test drive in traffic, around corners, change speeds...you'll see.

Fun, Smooth, and Loud
By burgh412 on 03/27/14 12:59 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'll cut right to the chase. This is arguably the best-looking car on the road right now, at least with the red paint job. The car feels extremely planted on the highway, and the g-force generated by turning is strangely addictive. Power steering is light for day-to-day driving, but tightens up a bit when you push it. You feel every bump on the road, but I like that, as it makes you feel connected to the road, and there is certainly no chassis wiggle after hitting bumps. Definitely wind noise above 45mph or so, and I have noticed the back window creaking for the first 10-15 minutes of driving on a very cold day. Headlights could be stronger, but are adequate, and base sound system is great.

Three months in
By jmick1 on 03/20/14 08:10 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have a 2004 6i auto with 120K, and replaced a 2012 Golf 2.5 with the 2014 6. Very happy so far. No issues. Lots of good cars out there, so small things make big differences to us, like the shielded trunk hinges, covered cup holders in the console, and steering wheel controls. Controls are well designed and easy to use. Interior storage could be better: compared to the 04 6i, the dash pop up is gone, the door storage holds less, and the console loses the dual level storage. For us, the garage door opener sits in the dash cubbie, the book on CD goes in the passenger door cubbie, and the charging phone sits in the top of the console cubbie. That doesn't work in the 2014.

2 months and 3,000 Miles into it...
By spoonman42 on 03/13/14 12:33 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I drove an Acura TSX for 10 years and 175k miles and it was hard to let go. I researched for a year and narrowed down to 4 cars: Mazda6 GT, Honda Accord EX-L 4-cyl, Audi A4, and BMW 328. I quickly deleted the German cars because I didn't want to pay for premium fuel. Nothing wrong with the Honda, just a boring drive, but great features. When I sat in the 6, I knew I was home, great overall experience with all the creature comforts and Great MPG's.

First Mazda
By samdd on 03/07/14 14:15 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I owned the 2014 Mazda 6 Touring for about 1 month. Love the exterior styling (grey) with the bright Sand interior. Smooth shifting automatic even if the car is too eager to up shift. Wish there was a sport mode to keep rev higher but you can switch to manual mode. The seat is a bit on the firm side. There is a little more noise than your typical Honda or Toyota. The 19" standard wheel looks great and help with the handling. I owned a V6 Maxima before so I do missed the extra horse powers. Love the MPG, getting around 30-31 mpg on heavy foot.

Wow what a fantastic car
By 40yroldkid on 03/06/14 16:33 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had a 2005 Mazda6 Hatchback and loved it but the 2014 takes the 6 to a whole different level. I fell in love with the exterior styling as soon as I saw it. When I had the opportunity to test drive it I was blown away, the car drives and handles wonderfully and the interior quality is second to none. I do agree that the navigation system seems a little cheap but it works and everything else is so fantastic I don't mind it at all. I read somewhere in a review "If Porsch made a car under $50,000 this would be it". I couldn't agree more and I only paid $28K for the Grand Touring Edition (it was a demo the sales manager was driving). Oh yea and the fule economy is excellent!

Bingo.
By howard44 on 02/27/14 11:33 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I wanted a five-passenger sedan that is agile, stylish, fuel efficient, equipped with the latest safety technology, and available for $30,000. After much research, I found one vehicle that meets these criteria IMO: the 2014 Mazda6 GT. The Mazda6 is widely regarded by professional and consumer reviewers as the “driver’s car” in its segment. Its good looks are perhaps rivaled by the Fusion and Optima, but personally I find the 6 more gracefully sculpted. MPG is great at 28/40. The suite of available safety features (listed below) is incredible—again, the Fusion comes close, but for more money. As for price, I paid under $29,000 after dealer discount and Mazda rebates (+ .9% financing).

Best choice for a manual transmission - 3 months in.
By stirmyown on 02/11/14 08:34 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

When you've got to stir your own gears, your choices are limited these days. It seems like you can do it if you opt for a stripped down small car, or a tricked-out european performance sedan. In the mid-level market there is pretty much Mazda and Subaru. Good luck actually finding a stick in America for any other brand. Since I have kids in car seats, rear seat room was an issue. Car seats are ridiculously huge these days. So I had to go a little bit bigger but I didn't want a large SUV. They just aren't fun to drive. I loved my old Subaru Forester, but unfortunately Subaru killed the driving feel in their effort to mass-market and Camry-ize the new Forester and Outback.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.