2015 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:

2014 CX5 2.5 Touring
By pmacx5

2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Its been 2 yrs/ 20K miles and it still deliveries the fun to drive with perfect Reliability. I service my cx5 at the dealer. first service @5k $40, second @10K free, third@15K $55, fourth@20K $60. Owning a Lexus, BMW, and Nissan, we seem to drive the CX5 everywhere. Avg., MPGs when new was at 23-24, mix driving - after we hit 4-5K we avg., 27mpg. On trips 300+ miles on cruise control holding 70mph we avg., 31mpg. I have a BMW 42K price tag and the Mazda matches the steering & Balance character of it. We have been very Happy with the Cx5. If I had any CONS: it would be the the bluetooth, its quirky & it needs a little sound deadening padding like Lexus. other than that, Its a great buy

"Balance/Layout/Drivers Feed Back" After Driving my other Pricer cars, BMW/Lexus, Driving the CX5 does not disappoint. I love how Mazda gets it right with the up shifts, pull back, Down Shifts - Push Up - Radio controls on the steering wheel on the Left not on the right. Small Details, but any real car enthusiast will under stand that. BMW, Porsche Audi Etc get it, Honda, Toyota Nissan ETC don't. Again small details - but that is what makes it stand out different from the Competitors.

What they need to learn from Lexus/ sound deadening. I under stand Mazda is about making light weight fun to drive cars, but in this area, Mazda takes very small steps on sound deadening.??? Very small cons, But my number one CON would be DEALER Support. Mazda Dealers, well in California/LA are Small and second hand. Again, just my Opinion.

Great vehicle, love to drive it.
By dereksmith

2015 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have bought and driven a Mazda CX5 Sport with AWD and the 2.5L engine. I really love to drive this vehicle. I have put on about 6000 miles and driven through all kinds of conditions, on a long trip and daily use. I am in awe of how great this vehicle is. I have the Sport model with AWD and the 2.5L engine. Honestly, it is all the power I want. Whether it is on the freeway or off a stop light, it can move and accelerate at any time. The CX5 handles like a dream, looks great, rides comfortable. Whenever I have popped the back seat down and loaded it with stuff on a number of occasions and it worked great and was impressed on how much could be loaded in.

I like the acceleration, I feel pushed back in my seat a little and feel like there is more power if needed. I like how the doors auto lock when going 12 miles an hour, but if you stop, you or your passenger can open the door without needing to press unlock. When you shut off the car, all doors unlock. I like the little slide out on the sun visor that allows you to block the sun when it's in a location that a normal sun visor wouldn't block. I like the blue metal flake paint. It catches the sun and looks great. The paint catches my eye and I really admire the design of the vehicle, after buying it new, I have only felt fortunate to be the owner.

There is a "3 blink" tap turn signal feature that is not user controllable on the Sport model. It would help if there was a way this could be manipulated to 4 blinks or turned off by the Sport model driver. (I have read that this feature could be turned off on Sport models at the dealer - but the number of blinks cannot be changed.) I would also consider turning the "3 blinks" feature off because sometimes when manually turning off my "full" blinker, it bumps the other way and starts blinking 3 times in the opposite direction.

Not very happy
By mikyd1

2015 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the 2015 Mazda cx5 because saw reviews and knew Mazda from the past. I am not very happy, sitting space is absurdly small I am 6' 0 And almost don't fit in the copilot seat, the back seats are too small, no space very uncomfortable, the radio is cheap, the air conditioning is very weak, with 80* takes 20 minutes to cool the space, not cold enough, the car is brand new so Why in the world will not cool down, not a good ac system. If I could go back in time, I would NOT buy the Mazda cx5, consumes too much gas, the rear seats are too small and basic

Design on the outside

More space for legs the front seats do not move back for tall people The radio system has to be modern uses 90s technology Seats too short for long legs Space for copilot is too small made for short people Gas consumption too high mazda is lying on the epa

Overall Quite Satisfied with a Few Noted Exceptions
By Marc Edwards

2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought in June 2014, 15k on it so far. Very fun to drive. Get as advertised mileage 25 city, approx. 32 hwy, and 27 combined.

Very fun to drive. Handles so much better than my old RAV. Especially appreciate the Blind Spot Monitoring and guide lines in the rear view camera. The surprising amount of room inside despite of the smallish looking exterior.

More torque. Have to routinely go into manual shift mode to get the revs and torque high enough to accelerate adequately. Maybe a Turbo Diesel or at least a selectable sport mode would be nice. Also needs a memory function for the driver's seat. Better lumbar support. Having worked with Garmin GPS systems both in autos and aircraft I would say they would be better off going with Garmin instead of the Tom Tom system

Dislike the AC
By Wang Kaisi

2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

A few things to point out after owning this car more than a year. 1. AC system. Front windshield defrost will ONLY turn on when you use external circulation mode. When I need to defrost, I am also bringing in the exhaust from the car in front of me. 2. 180HP on this vehicle seems not enough power when passing on a freeway. (personal)