2015 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:
The Worst Stereo/Electronics I've Ever Encountered
By ec0516 on 10/15/14 07:50 AM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My 2015 CX-5 GT AWD has the poorest excuse for an infotainment system I've ever seen, bar none. The "premium" Bose stereo sounds more like someone glued a transistor radio to the dashboard and the TomTom navigation system is extremely buggy, requiring constant updates and is agonizingly slow. Ipod support is in name only, I've stopped using it. Voice recognition is a joke. The Bluetooth interface stumbles constantly. Various automotive sites (including this one) have referred to the electronics/audio in this vehicle as sub par or mediocre. The reality is living with it day and day out is enough to taint the entire ownership experience.

Happy with my crossover choice!
By tad2040 on 09/29/14 10:40 AM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Before I bought the CX5 I did hours of research into crossover vehicles and I'm very happy to have chosen this one. I've been driving it for about 3 months now and couldn't be happier with it. The sleek exterior of the car is what initially caught my eye. The car is very easy and fun to drive. Even though it's a crossover it handles like a sedan. The gas mileage has been great on my wallet and it picks up speed nicely. I'm about 2500 miles into the car and haven't noticed any problems at all. I previously drove a Honda and I have full faith in Mazda that it will be just as reliable. I'm extremely happy with my choice!

So fun to drive BUT
By electricmicey on 09/29/14 06:41 AM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've been driving my CX5 Grand Touring for a few months and have put a few thousand miles on it. It is a fun, peppy CUV and great for hauling kids, the huge family dog and loads of stuff around town and beyond. It handles all sorts of terrain well and sits firmly on the road. The suspension is definitely a little firm but it doesn't ride like a truck. The navigation system is quite low tech, and some of the finer details are neglected. One huge issue for my family right now is the discovery that the rear seats don't recline...a deal breaker on a long haul road trip for a kid in a booster seat. The cx5 is not for the seeker of oversized storage compartments to stash stuff.

Fooled by the looks
By jdagosta on 09/20/14 19:49 PM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

What a shocker. Our last four new car purchases had been Toyotas. We were lured in by the sporty look of the CX-5, and claims that its reliability was comparable toToyota's. The salesman hyped the CX -5's maintenance free transmission. About a week after our purchase, the transmission failed completely and required replacement. No support, no apologies, from the dealer. We won't be fooled again. Back to Toyota

Do Not Pay For The Tech Package with the Mazda CX 5
By wuffb on 08/18/14 15:58 PM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had a 2013 Mazda CX5 GT with Tech Package and the iPod integration unit / Bluetooth worked perfectly. I JUST bought a new 2015 with the 2.5 Engine and Tech Package. Don't buy this car with the Tech package! Mazda has known about problems with this system for over a year . . . nothing fixed yet. No time stated for firmware update. Pandora / iPod/ Bluetooth . . . sync up very sketchy. Go on Google . .. type in "Mazda CX5 iPod issues" and read all the posts and You tube Video. Dealer knows this system is not working right and will not inform customers. Mazda knows this system is not working right and hasn't fixed it . . . but you will pay for it!

Another Mazda - Another Great Ride
By basst95 on 08/15/14 05:22 AM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I just bought the 2015 CX-5 AWD Touring. We got the blue ext / black int no tech but w/installed remote starter. Price $25250 before $500 Loyalty discount, trade in, and Tax / Title. Overall good price for great vehicle. We're still breaking in but handling, comfort, and overall design seem to be living up to the hype. My wife is enjoying features like the blind spot monitoring and rear back up camera. Layout is simple but intuitive and functional; from tilt / tele steering wheel, 40/20/40 folding seats to easy pairing of bluetooth. Gas mileage is right at 25mpg so we'll see how that holds up in the winter months. This Mazda out shined over the Toyota, honda, & Ford.

Don't Buy
By dontlikeit on 08/12/14 12:23 PM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Leased a 2015 CX-5 from Pugi and wished I didn't. Had to jump-start it 4-times over the last month. Car would go dead sitting. Dealership said the battery & electrical systems were fine. Then the car self accelerated on it's own & breaking didn't disengage it. Had to put it in neutral as the engine was screaming in high rpms trying to disengage by stomping on the accelerator pedal. So now they want to put a black-box recorder in to see if it happens again. Could be to late and end up fatal. Would you want to be the lab rate waiting for your death? Talked to Mazda DM and said "the buck stops here" and that's what we are offering. We have no confidence in the Mazda product or the dealership..

Exciting fun car
By todhug on 07/19/14 23:10 PM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I looked for over 3 months for a new car that I could purchase to replace our family van. I've been driving vans for 20 years and it is finally time to get something much cooler and funner to drive. I looked at all the CUVs and even a Mini Cooper Countryman. After doing much research I decided put purchase a 2015 Mazda CX 5 from Freeway Mazda in Ogden, Utah. First, let me say that it was one of the best car purchasing experiences I've had. Freeway Mazda created a pleasant car buying experience with none of the traditional high pressure gimmicks and they gave us a very good deal. They Mazda CX 5 is fun, beautiful, and and eye catching car. Everyone that I pass looks.

Excellent vehicle for the money
By oldbearcat on 07/16/14 19:38 PM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I needed a replacement for my Honda CRV. After doing research and test driving the new CRV, RAV4, and the CX-5, I feel the Mazda is the best of the bunch. The CX-5 feels more athletic, handles better, and feels more comfortable to me. The Touring comes fairly loaded with features, and, mine has the Bose radio and sun roof package as well. Build quality seems excellent and equal to the Honda it replaced.

CX - 5 Grand
By mikecmaryland on 06/01/14 06:26 AM (PDT)

2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My son did the research and saw the CX-5 AWD with the tech package as the best deal for a small SUV. He bought one. I liked it so much, three weeks later, I bought one. Paid $32K on the road - MD

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.