Used 2013 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lincoln MKZ - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

2013 Lincoln MKZ
By Gigi gonzalez

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Tank specs states it has a 16.5 gas tank, max I've been able to fill is 13.5. I think it might have the tank that belongs to hybrid. Drivers side back seatbelt does not work. WORST part are the doors latch have a defect, two of my doors at some point would not close. I had to tie door to middle console to drive to dealership. Very dangerous if you don't notice it didn't close.

MKZ hybrid caveat emptor
By Keith Paul

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

EPA MPG on sticker when new, was incorrect. Lincoln finally admitted to this error under government order and I got a free pair of sunglasses. I have never gotten more than 35.5 overall average mpg. Sticker originally said 48 mpg. I have had five recalls in two years. Now with less than 30,000 miles I have recently experienced, on two occasions, on 2 occasions, an involuntary transmission shift from drive to reverse when stopped. I have researched this to see if anybody else has had a problem or has noticed this but I have been unable to find this same issue. Scary! Thankfully, I have another vehicle, have stopped driving the Lincoln and will be taking the Lincoln back to the dealer this week. The drivers side has a terrible blind spot due to structural post size and placement.. On screen LCD touch controls for just about everything from entertainment to climate, can be just a little bit distracting unless you learn the very specific commands for voice control which doesn't always respond to your request. On the positive side, the car is quite roomy for all, front and back. Including this 6 foot owner/primary driver. It looks great and the white pearl paint is very catchy.

American is still made terribly even $42K
By mrdrdmkz

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a 2013 MKZ 2.0 4cyl w/ecoboost as soon as theycameout brand new. I was always scared to buy American because of the cheap builds but i figured after several foreign cars and no issues i would give the new sleek body of the mkz a shot. My car to date has been to the dealership 12 times since buying!Fromonetouchbuttons,looseboltinrockrpanel to leaking and eventual rear strut replacement to an engine that sounds like a V12powerstroke to the emblem on my floor mat just coming off,my seat back broke 2 times (clips inside)and now it squeeks nonstop,oh and the fuel MPG is a joke!! I have the smallest engine of the fleet and i do city driving and i avg 15.2MPG!!HWY 21/22.Beyond a headache!

The look of the car is eye catching!

I do not floor the gas from redlight to redlight but even if i did i should never see a 4cyl w or wout ecoboost getting 14.15.16 MPG that is a joke! 22/33 is the sticker and that is never correct but to be off by this much is a shame! several noises randomly come and go.Often times i start the car and it will idle very low as if it is going to stall but never has then when i take it out of park it stops.My slider for my moonroof rattles (i never have even used it).the fuel gauge after getting gas often times takes several minutes to register.they need to reevaluate the fuel system it is a serious issue and costly! the cabin parts are cheap and get lose within 20K miles!

Stay Away from This Car
By rudyway

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I own a 2013 MKZ fully loaded with all options. This car has problems left and right. The build quality is very very cheap. I honestly now understand why I should never buy an american car. The key is broken and the dealer is saying it is not covered under warranty. the plastic cover on top of the windshield is broken and not covered under warranty. How is this not covered under warranty? and they are telling me it is $450 to have that replaced.

Really nothing. I hate this car so much and I feel like I got ripped off big time. Biggest mistake of my life. Take my advise and stay away. I can send you pictures if anybody is interested. This car is a complete failure in every way

Better quality parts and better engineering. No quality control. Terrible terrible.

Great Balance of Style, Substance, and Eco-Consciousness
By ajayla

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car certified when it came off lease. There was simply no other models offering the combination this one did. I considered Fusion hybrids, which are obviously similar, but found no price difference. The "lifetime" fuel use over 20,000 miles is just under 39 mpg. Considering the level of luxury, this is pretty great. Coupled with a solid ride, responsive handling, and all the systems it provides, the Lincoln makes a compelling case. The changes between hybrid and engine modes are very subtle. The start-stop system on even BMWs is rough in comparison. Power is not a high point, but it's there when needed.

The high points for this car are, obviously, its design; its excellent and quiet ride; its sparing use of fuel; and its staggering technology. Some criticism of the Touch system is valid and there is a learning curve. But I can't think of a better way to provide such far-reaching capability. My only concern is that all this complexity may lead to problems. I take some comfort in having two years left of the whole-car warranty and another two years with a certified used car.

Visibility is limited, especially toward the rear, and the visor is close due to the rake of the windshield. The rear camera and rear parking assist help a lot. The other complaint is that the engine drones when in use with windows or sunroof open, and there is a small sense of vibration. Noise is far less noticeable when both are closed, and is to some extent a by-product of the car being otherwise almost silent.

• SUV