Used 2013 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lincoln Mkz - Consumer Reviews

2013 Lincoln MKZ

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

American is still made terribly even $42K
By mrdrdmkz

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a 2013 MKZ 2.0 4cyl w/ecoboost as soon as theycameout brand new. I was always scared to buy American because of the cheap builds but i figured after several foreign cars and no issues i would give the new sleek body of the mkz a shot. My car to date has been to the dealership 12 times since buying!Fromonetouchbuttons,looseboltinrockrpanel to leaking and eventual rear strut replacement to an engine that sounds like a V12powerstroke to the emblem on my floor mat just coming off,my seat back broke 2 times (clips inside)and now it squeeks nonstop,oh and the fuel MPG is a joke!! I have the smallest engine of the fleet and i do city driving and i avg 15.2MPG!!HWY 21/22.Beyond a headache!

Favorite Features

The look of the car is eye catching!

Suggested Improvements

I do not floor the gas from redlight to redlight but even if i did i should never see a 4cyl w or wout ecoboost getting 14.15.16 MPG that is a joke! 22/33 is the sticker and that is never correct but to be off by this much is a shame! several noises randomly come and go.Often times i start the car and it will idle very low as if it is going to stall but never has then when i take it out of park it stops.My slider for my moonroof rattles (i never have even used it).the fuel gauge after getting gas often times takes several minutes to register.they need to reevaluate the fuel system it is a serious issue and costly! the cabin parts are cheap and get lose within 20K miles!

Stay Away from This Car
By rudyway

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I own a 2013 MKZ fully loaded with all options. This car has problems left and right. The build quality is very very cheap. I honestly now understand why I should never buy an american car. The key is broken and the dealer is saying it is not covered under warranty. the plastic cover on top of the windshield is broken and not covered under warranty. How is this not covered under warranty? and they are telling me it is $450 to have that replaced.

Favorite Features

Really nothing. I hate this car so much and I feel like I got ripped off big time. Biggest mistake of my life. Take my advise and stay away. I can send you pictures if anybody is interested. This car is a complete failure in every way

Suggested Improvements

Better quality parts and better engineering. No quality control. Terrible terrible.

Great Balance of Style, Substance, and Eco-Consciousness
By ajayla

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car certified when it came off lease. There was simply no other models offering the combination this one did. I considered Fusion hybrids, which are obviously similar, but found no price difference. The "lifetime" fuel use over 20,000 miles is just under 39 mpg. Considering the level of luxury, this is pretty great. Coupled with a solid ride, responsive handling, and all the systems it provides, the Lincoln makes a compelling case. The changes between hybrid and engine modes are very subtle. The start-stop system on even BMWs is rough in comparison. Power is not a high point, but it's there when needed.

Favorite Features

The high points for this car are, obviously, its design; its excellent and quiet ride; its sparing use of fuel; and its staggering technology. Some criticism of the Touch system is valid and there is a learning curve. But I can't think of a better way to provide such far-reaching capability. My only concern is that all this complexity may lead to problems. I take some comfort in having two years left of the whole-car warranty and another two years with a certified used car.

Suggested Improvements

Visibility is limited, especially toward the rear, and the visor is close due to the rake of the windshield. The rear camera and rear parking assist help a lot. The other complaint is that the engine drones when in use with windows or sunroof open, and there is a small sense of vibration. Noise is far less noticeable when both are closed, and is to some extent a by-product of the car being otherwise almost silent.

2013 Lincoln Hybrid (Lemon)
By zbrid2013

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this car in 2013 and it received only 36 MPG and I was sold on 45 MPG combined. Instead of Ford offering me a new car that actually worked, I had to file a complaint under the Lemon Law. The case has been settled and they have purchased back the car.

Favorite Features

Exterior design is great, comfort is great.

Suggested Improvements

Released the 2013 Hybrid TWO years too early. What needs to happen is that car manufacturers should NOT be allowed to submit their own EPA testing as they can fudge the test and lie to consumers. If you advertise a car will get 45 MPG combined, then it should get 45 MPG combined (not 35 MPG or 36 MPG). Everyone who received a $1050.00 gas card as Ford's apology should give them their car back under the Lemon Law. If they can't get your car to get 45 MPG combined (as advertised when you purchased it) then they should take back their product.

Wonderful car with great MPG
By jimma

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2013 MKZh , Driving this for a year and half. Was very concerned about buying a Lincoln as I always drove Honda Accords coups (EXL) for last 20 years. I am completely satisfied with this car. I get 39 - 41 mpg , my 4cyl. stick Accord was getting 30. The car handles better than I thought and has enough power for any road situations , I drive turnpikes and large highways and have no trouble entering on ramps and passing large trucks. At 22,000 miles I still get a kick getting into the car.

Favorite Features

Seat comfort with soft leather,blind spot mirror , rear view camera , car side approaching warning , exterior design , audio sound system , interior color lighting choices , alloy wheel design , rear seat fold down.

Suggested Improvements

On my model daylight driving lights. Better trunk opening design because when snow is on the trunk and you open it the snow can come into the trunk.