2013 Lincoln MKZ - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:
4 months with the car and it exceeds expectations
By dano_pa on 12/04/13 05:22 AM (PST)

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the car with the panoramic sunroof in late July. On the road I get about 38-40 mpg depending on how fast I am going. Around town, I have gotten 47 mpg on certain trips, it all depends on my speed and the amount of hills. I love almost everything about the car, it does get a lot of comments and lookers. It is my first new American car ever and I am 55. I have owned a BMW, Saab, 2 Volvo's, a Cadillac, two Nissan's a Toyota, a 2 VW's and a Renault.

Loving my MKZ
By petemkz on 11/28/13 22:43 PM (PST)

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had this car for about a month now and I'm loving it more each day I drive it. First of all it is BEAUTIFUL inside and out, it drives like a dream and I love the "VALUE" I got from this car. I looked at the BMW 528 and MB E300H and they start at 50k+ and don't have some of the great stuff I has. I got 46mpg from two fill-ups, but I drive mostly on electric and in traffic and take my time! if you drive slowly and give yourself lots of stop distance you can get 45+mpg. Love the LED lights inside and out and the AC front "seats" and the adaptive cruise / LED headhlights / ride controls. The voice control system is awesome,it can control almost anything (calls, Nav, Temp and Radio / Sat).

2013 MKz
By ssgmike on 11/09/13 13:17 PM (PST)

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I had 2 cars sitting in the driveway with one being a 2012 Ford Fusion with a lease expiring in March and also a 2011 Infiniti G37x which expires 9/2014. Last week we were out driving and passed by a Lincoln dealer, stopped in saw the one in the showroom, handed them the keys to our Fusion and drove out 2 hours later in our brand new 2013 MKz. Love the car, the style and quality seemed built into. The ride, the power for a 2.4 is outstanding. I have 2 Veteran friends who also have the MKz and love it. Have been riving Infiniti's since 2003 and was seriously considering going for the new Q50, well seems I will be turning in our G early summer and staying with the Lincoln.

Very Good, but not Great
By muncie_in on 10/12/13 10:24 AM (PDT)

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this car 4 weeks ago. On a 4-hour highway trip averaged 38 mpg. Same in town. Car is very comfortable to sit in for long distances. Interior is classy and exterior paint looks great. Complaints include fuel efficiency leaves display difficult to determine how efficient you are at that moment. Windows look great, but difficult to see oncoming traffic when backing up on a slight curve. Most disappointment was/is with Lincoln itself. They offered a $1000.00 rebate if your car was from a competing manufacturer, but not if you were a loyal Ford owner! I've never been penalized for loyalty.

Horrible Quality
By sobe531 on 09/23/13 16:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

45 mpg is an Absolute Lie! Closer to 36 mpg, and I live in super flat Florida. While the car is beautifully designed it is made from very cheap quality parts and is constantly breaking. Only 6 months old and been in the shop 4 times to repair/replace broken pieces and currently waiting for the entirely new interior roof trim to come in for a fifth visit. That will also need to have several other areas replaced/repaired for a second time. I am tired of the constant apologies from Lincoln about how awful the car is, I just want them to take it back. The interior is a piece of junk. Rattles, squeaks, pops, crackling noises all over the interior.

Excellent value for a hybrid vehicle
By lincolnmkz2013 on 09/20/13 07:49 AM (PDT)

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased the hybrid in June 2013. What can I say - this is a very fine car! I looked at all hybrids in its class and Lincoln had the quietest ride among all. Lincoln invested in what's not available in other 40K range cars: improved sound insulation and, consequently, reduced wind noise. Looking at its' expensive looking elegant exterior, it's hard to guess that it's most practical and versatile hybrid in a class, due to its folded seats capacity. I have no problems picking up relatives from the airport or even loading small furniture/bycicles in the car! I love the audio sound quality, the trip report and mpg screen, Lincoln Mobile apps and push-buttons star.

Buyers Remorse
By pacman2044 on 09/11/13 23:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So I needed a new business car before my trip to Asia and I didn't do a lot of research or comparison shopping. I had heard that Ford had improved their vehicles and so i bit the MKZ because I loved the way it looked. What a mistake. I purchased the FWD with the 2.0 engine and 19'' wheels. The front wheel drive is not smooth and luxurious. You can feel every bump in the road. When you press hard on the gas you hear the engine make high pitched sounds. Already had the "check adaptive headlights" and less than 3k miles. The turn single control is flimsy and already broke. Now granted the loaner MKZ they gave me was loaded with AWD and the 2.0 engine.. much better ride then the FWD

2013 Lincoln MKZ 2.0 Ecoboost
By jeberg1 on 08/08/13 05:07 AM (PDT)

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Recently purchased this vehicle and just completed a 1250 mile trip from Austin, TX. to Madison, WI. Totally ecstatic over the purchase. Could not be happier with the 2.0 Ecoboost. Perfect balance of power and fuel economy. Avg. 32.8 for the trip. Very nice ride and handling. Lincoln has a winner. Usually don't post reviews, however, felt compelled with this vehicle.

MKZ Software Update Completed
By zbrid2013 on 08/03/13 11:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my new 13 Z four months ago and it's great to drive, comfortable and quiet. I have the hybrid and it offers a smoother ride than the EcoBoost version. My MPG was under 37 MPG and I just had the update done at AutoNation in Clearwater on Friday and I'm now averaging 42 MPG:-) In addition, they fixed a recall item on the fuel pump (something like that) and I've got to admit that the car rides different (better all the way around) and it's pretty cool to be pushing 80 MPH and be on electric:-) Maybe it took Lincoln a bit more time to get it right, but they did.

Impressive Statement from Lincoln
By johnnytshea3 on 07/28/13 20:47 PM (PDT)

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is just a joy to drive. I get compliments almost daily on the styling, it's definitely a head-turner. As far as the driving experience, one word of advice; save some $ and go for the 2-liter Ecoboost. My previous '11 MKZ had the 3.7 and I see little difference performance-wise, yet I'm getting 8-10 mpg better mileage. The MyLincolnTouch system is not perfect, but it's not nearly as frustrating as it's made out to be. Fit and finish is good, although one negative is that the steering wheel placement obstructs the gear indicator on the instrument panel. This is a problem if you want to drop it into sport mode. Overall though, I am very satisfied, this car gets an awful lot right.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Lincoln MKZ in VA is:

$119 per month*