2013 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews

2013 Lincoln Mkz - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

2013 MKZ Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
2013 Lincoln Hybrid (Lemon)
By zbrid2013

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this car in 2013 and it received only 36 MPG and I was sold on 45 MPG combined. Instead of Ford offering me a new car that actually worked, I had to file a complaint under the Lemon Law. The case has been settled and they have purchased back the car.

Favorite Features

Exterior design is great, comfort is great.

Suggested Improvements

Released the 2013 Hybrid TWO years too early. What needs to happen is that car manufacturers should NOT be allowed to submit their own EPA testing as they can fudge the test and lie to consumers. If you advertise a car will get 45 MPG combined, then it should get 45 MPG combined (not 35 MPG or 36 MPG). Everyone who received a $1050.00 gas card as Ford's apology should give them their car back under the Lemon Law. If they can't get your car to get 45 MPG combined (as advertised when you purchased it) then they should take back their product.

Wonderful car with great MPG
By jimma

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2013 MKZh , Driving this for a year and half. Was very concerned about buying a Lincoln as I always drove Honda Accords coups (EXL) for last 20 years. I am completely satisfied with this car. I get 39 - 41 mpg , my 4cyl. stick Accord was getting 30. The car handles better than I thought and has enough power for any road situations , I drive turnpikes and large highways and have no trouble entering on ramps and passing large trucks. At 22,000 miles I still get a kick getting into the car.

Favorite Features

Seat comfort with soft leather,blind spot mirror , rear view camera , car side approaching warning , exterior design , audio sound system , interior color lighting choices , alloy wheel design , rear seat fold down.

Suggested Improvements

On my model daylight driving lights. Better trunk opening design because when snow is on the trunk and you open it the snow can come into the trunk.

4 months with the car and it exceeds expectations
By dano_pa

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the car with the panoramic sunroof in late July. On the road I get about 38-40 mpg depending on how fast I am going. Around town, I have gotten 47 mpg on certain trips, it all depends on my speed and the amount of hills. I love almost everything about the car, it does get a lot of comments and lookers. It is my first new American car ever and I am 55. I have owned a BMW, Saab, 2 Volvo's, a Cadillac, two Nissan's a Toyota, a 2 VW's and a Renault.

Favorite Features

It is quiet, comfortable, is a great car for a trip, I love the heated seats, remote start, the panoramic sunroof (very Jetson's) and everything works fine. Every time I fill it up, it seems to be less than $30, and I love that it takes regular gas. The seats are comfortable and offer excellent support. I drove to Morgantown to buy it and got a really fair deal. (I live in Southwestern PA)

Suggested Improvements

My only observation after 4 months and 9,300 miles is that when it is raining and you open the trunk water follows the trunk line into the hinges and into the trunk if there is water on the car. It wasn't all that easy to get dealers in PA to call me back, the 20-somethings that sell Lincoln's in PA seem to be unresponsive, and I drove it home from Morgantown the day I test drove it.

Loving my MKZ
By petemkz

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had this car for about a month now and I'm loving it more each day I drive it. First of all it is BEAUTIFUL inside and out, it drives like a dream and I love the "VALUE" I got from this car. I looked at the BMW 528 and MB E300H and they start at 50k+ and don't have some of the great stuff I has. I got 46mpg from two fill-ups, but I drive mostly on electric and in traffic and take my time! if you drive slowly and give yourself lots of stop distance you can get 45+mpg. Love the LED lights inside and out and the AC front "seats" and the adaptive cruise / LED headhlights / ride controls. The voice control system is awesome,it can control almost anything (calls, Nav, Temp and Radio / Sat).

Favorite Features

Front AC seats, THX Radio, adaptive cruise, LED headlights and ride controls. 45 MPG+ And everything else.

Suggested Improvements

None.

2013 MKz
By ssgmike

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I had 2 cars sitting in the driveway with one being a 2012 Ford Fusion with a lease expiring in March and also a 2011 Infiniti G37x which expires 9/2014. Last week we were out driving and passed by a Lincoln dealer, stopped in saw the one in the showroom, handed them the keys to our Fusion and drove out 2 hours later in our brand new 2013 MKz. Love the car, the style and quality seemed built into. The ride, the power for a 2.4 is outstanding. I have 2 Veteran friends who also have the MKz and love it. Have been riving Infiniti's since 2003 and was seriously considering going for the new Q50, well seems I will be turning in our G early summer and staying with the Lincoln.

Favorite Features

style, comfort and acceleration

Suggested Improvements

only have it a week so nothing at this time

Very Good, but not Great
By muncie_in

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this car 4 weeks ago. On a 4-hour highway trip averaged 38 mpg. Same in town. Car is very comfortable to sit in for long distances. Interior is classy and exterior paint looks great. Complaints include fuel efficiency leaves display difficult to determine how efficient you are at that moment. Windows look great, but difficult to see oncoming traffic when backing up on a slight curve. Most disappointment was/is with Lincoln itself. They offered a $1000.00 rebate if your car was from a competing manufacturer, but not if you were a loyal Ford owner! I've never been penalized for loyalty.

Favorite Features

Interior design, quality of exterior paint. Moonroof functions. Heated seats both sides.

Suggested Improvements

Improve energy efficiency display; suggest a numbered scale. Improve voice recognition for radio. Add spare tire. Get mpg closer to stated output.

Horrible Quality
By sobe531

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

45 mpg is an Absolute Lie! Closer to 36 mpg, and I live in super flat Florida. While the car is beautifully designed it is made from very cheap quality parts and is constantly breaking. Only 6 months old and been in the shop 4 times to repair/replace broken pieces and currently waiting for the entirely new interior roof trim to come in for a fifth visit. That will also need to have several other areas replaced/repaired for a second time. I am tired of the constant apologies from Lincoln about how awful the car is, I just want them to take it back. The interior is a piece of junk. Rattles, squeaks, pops, crackling noises all over the interior.

Favorite Features

The style of the car is beautiful, just extremely poorly assembled.

Suggested Improvements

Completely redo the quality of the plastics used to construct the interior and how it is put together, too cheap for a 43K+ car.

Excellent value for a hybrid vehicle
By lincolnmkz2013

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased the hybrid in June 2013. What can I say - this is a very fine car! I looked at all hybrids in its class and Lincoln had the quietest ride among all. Lincoln invested in what's not available in other 40K range cars: improved sound insulation and, consequently, reduced wind noise. Looking at its' expensive looking elegant exterior, it's hard to guess that it's most practical and versatile hybrid in a class, due to its folded seats capacity. I have no problems picking up relatives from the airport or even loading small furniture/bycicles in the car! I love the audio sound quality, the trip report and mpg screen, Lincoln Mobile apps and push-buttons star.

Favorite Features

Large cargo capacity, versatility and utility, striking exterior, glass roof feature, sound quality (I have regular system), quiet ride on highways, clear easy to read displays, good picture quality of the rear view camera, mpg performance up to 100 in the city on EV, 47-49 on highways, precise adaptive Eco cruise control and parking feature, Lincoln Mobile app, easiness of voice commands for Sirius and Navigation.

Suggested Improvements

Use more expensive materials for interior for future MKZs, more leather and less plastic; miss my power adjusted mirrors from my previous car (Audis allow to fold the mirrors by pushing a button inside the car, MKZ only with hand), improve the turn automatic switch sensitivity (sometimes I need to turn it off manually after making slight turns, while in Audis it was automatic).

Buyers Remorse
By pacman2044

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So I needed a new business car before my trip to Asia and I didn't do a lot of research or comparison shopping. I had heard that Ford had improved their vehicles and so i bit the MKZ because I loved the way it looked. What a mistake. I purchased the FWD with the 2.0 engine and 19'' wheels. The front wheel drive is not smooth and luxurious. You can feel every bump in the road. When you press hard on the gas you hear the engine make high pitched sounds. Already had the "check adaptive headlights" and less than 3k miles. The turn single control is flimsy and already broke. Now granted the loaner MKZ they gave me was loaded with AWD and the 2.0 engine.. much better ride then the FWD

Favorite Features

LED Instrument cluster is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Make the AWD standard as the front wheel drive makes the car ride horrible on this vehicle. Improve the interior material quality. Make the steering wheel and controls less flimsy and cheap.

2013 Lincoln MKZ 2.0 Ecoboost
By jeberg1

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Recently purchased this vehicle and just completed a 1250 mile trip from Austin, TX. to Madison, WI. Totally ecstatic over the purchase. Could not be happier with the 2.0 Ecoboost. Perfect balance of power and fuel economy. Avg. 32.8 for the trip. Very nice ride and handling. Lincoln has a winner. Usually don't post reviews, however, felt compelled with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Looks, smoothness/quietness of ride, and MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.