Used 2013 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lincoln MKZ - Consumer Reviews

2013 Lincoln MKZ

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

Good, Bad, And Ugly
By Phil

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The saving grace of my car was i got it "" second handed from the dealer with 495 miles on it thus extending my warranty to 100K miles.
Lets start with the good: Everyone that got in the car would go gaga over the interior, the lighting, and other various features. My car has every option. It parks itself but only on the right side, has a ridiculous backup camera, and a panoramic roof that is to die for. I'm not dying but it's very nice. The gas mileage is great and i average over 40MPG during the spring and fall and 38ish in the summer and winter when running A/C or heat. The comfort level is unmatched.
The bad: Never buy new or else the depreciation will make you cry unless it's an SUV or a Lexus. 3 years ago i paid 38 before taxes and such and now dealers will barely give me 20,000. Interior moldings came detached on a couple of occasions and my bumper to bumper warranty came in handy every time. My regular battery died within weeks of buying the car and was replaced, there is an under car cover that ripped on two separate occasions and dragged on the road. I had it removed. I'm on my third set of tires but i can't figure whose fault it is. The hybrid is very light so tire spin happens with ease as the weight over the wheels is drastically reduced. My navigation system reboots randomly and sometimes it takes ten minutes of driving before my route will set.
The Ugly: Recalls, I've had at least four. If I wasn't under the used car extended warranty my cost of ownership would be way higher than how low it is now.

Better than I expected
By Danielle Morris

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A great vehicle!! Rides smooth and Has all the bells and whistles you need! Love the interior lighting and headlights that turn! Smooth ride!

2013 Lincoln MKZ
By Gigi gonzalez

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Tank specs states it has a 16.5 gas tank, max I've been able to fill is 13.5. I think it might have the tank that belongs to hybrid. Drivers side back seatbelt does not work. WORST part are the doors latch have a defect, two of my doors at some point would not close. I had to tie door to middle console to drive to dealership. Very dangerous if you don't notice it didn't close.

MKZ hybrid caveat emptor
By Keith Paul

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

EPA MPG on sticker when new, was incorrect. Lincoln finally admitted to this error under government order and I got a free pair of sunglasses. I have never gotten more than 35.5 overall average mpg. Sticker originally said 48 mpg. I have had five recalls in two years. Now with less than 30,000 miles I have recently experienced, on two occasions, on 2 occasions, an involuntary transmission shift from drive to reverse when stopped. I have researched this to see if anybody else has had a problem or has noticed this but I have been unable to find this same issue. Scary! Thankfully, I have another vehicle, have stopped driving the Lincoln and will be taking the Lincoln back to the dealer this week.
The drivers side has a terrible blind spot due to structural post size and placement.. On screen LCD touch controls for just about everything from entertainment to climate, can be just a little bit distracting unless you learn the very specific commands for voice control which doesn't always respond to your request. On the positive side, the car is quite roomy for all, front and back. Including this 6 foot owner/primary driver. It looks great and the white pearl paint is very catchy.

American is still made terribly even $42K
By mrdrdmkz

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a 2013 MKZ 2.0 4cyl w/ecoboost as soon as theycameout brand new. I was always scared to buy American because of the cheap builds but i figured after several foreign cars and no issues i would give the new sleek body of the mkz a shot. My car to date has been to the dealership 12 times since buying!Fromonetouchbuttons,looseboltinrockrpanel to leaking and eventual rear strut replacement to an engine that sounds like a V12powerstroke to the emblem on my floor mat just coming off,my seat back broke 2 times (clips inside)and now it squeeks nonstop,oh and the fuel MPG is a joke!! I have the smallest engine of the fleet and i do city driving and i avg 15.2MPG!!HWY 21/22.Beyond a headache!

The look of the car is eye catching!

I do not floor the gas from redlight to redlight but even if i did i should never see a 4cyl w or wout ecoboost getting 14.15.16 MPG that is a joke! 22/33 is the sticker and that is never correct but to be off by this much is a shame! several noises randomly come and go.Often times i start the car and it will idle very low as if it is going to stall but never has then when i take it out of park it stops.My slider for my moonroof rattles (i never have even used it).the fuel gauge after getting gas often times takes several minutes to register.they need to reevaluate the fuel system it is a serious issue and costly! the cabin parts are cheap and get lose within 20K miles!