2003 Lincoln LS 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - The most underrated car in

2003 Lincoln LS - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

The most underrated car in its segment
By andy1102 on

2003 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I went with the LS V6 for price reasons, and my only dissapointment is that I couldn't get the 17" rims with the 6-cylinder. I've driven previous models with the V6 and the improvements for 2003 are very evident. The throttle actuation is smooth and the power is sometimes surprising when accelerating from a stoplight. The engine gets a bit loud at higher RPMs, but is always smooth. The ride can feel a bit soft sometimes, but, never floaty, it always feels connected to the road. The suspension is well-damped and does a great job at dealing with bumps and imperfections. While it's not a hard-core sports sedan, it always stays planted in the curves.

Favorite Features

The AdvanceTrac option kept me out of the ditches this past Winter. This is a must-have feature. The pwr tilt/tele steering column offers infinate levels of wheel position. I like being able to change bands, vol, and presets without having to take my hands off the wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Color match on the black interior needs improvement. The doors are a slighly different shade and gloss level than the materal on the Instrument Panel. The quality of the leather that came with the base pkg is not on par with this segment. It has a cheap feel and appearance.