2006 Honda S2000 Consumer Review: You Meet the Nicest People On

2006 Honda S2000 - Consumer Review

2006 Honda S2000

Base Convertible (2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

You Meet the Nicest People On a Honda
By CB 750 on

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

My Red S-2000 is my retirement present to myself. This will be the 10th Honda Car I have owned, and each one was an improvement over the previous. However, the S-2000 is unlike any Honda I have owned except my vintage 1970 CB750 Four Motorcycle Finally a Honda that draws upon is racing heritage. Around town it's a fun well mannered car but it's meant for two lane black top. At 6,000 RPM the 2.2 Vetc really kicks in and the close ratio 6 speed keeps it on cam through all the gears. The first time I red lined S-2000 through the gears I learnd is not just a pretty Boulevard cruiser it is an all out performance machine. One word of warning with the top up you have lots of a blind spots.

The 2.2 Vetec is a work of art. The 6 speed transmission is the best I have ever shifted. The handling and ride are in perfect harmony with the cars performance. The Electric top makes top down rides easy. Finally, my wife and I have done something we have not done in years it's called Cruising.

I would not change a thing on the S- 2000. I give it a perfect 10. Far be it for me to tell Mr Honda he did something wrong. Our other car is a 2005 Odyssey EX and anything the S- 2000 can't do as far as hauling stuff, ride comfort, cup holders, cabin storage or transporting people the Odyssey can.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review