Problems, Problems 2004 Envoy
By SMosley on
2004 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
I purchased this car new and it has been nothing but problems. Every month their is some problem. The sensors are always going out. The lights has went out. Right know, another sensor has went out and know there is a crack in the gas tank. The service engine soon light stays on, for any reason. If you don't have the gas cap screwed on the right engine soon light comes on, if you leave the car running and put gas in the check engine soon light will pop on. Oh and yeah the fuel pump is going out also. I wish that I had taken out the extended warranty you will really need it. I did not think that you would considering this is suppose to be a top level vehicle. My Kia was better.
Suggested Improvements
The 2004 has many problems. It is a shame that you pay that top price and continue to have repairs.
By faisons
on 09/13/11 17:54 PM (PDT)

I have The Same Truck You Have , And Have You Ever Had Problems With You Ignition when you try to turn it off , the battery light will stay on and the car is off .[contact info removed]

By moogvo
on 09/30/11 09:00 AM (PDT)

First of all, you shouldn't be fueling your vehicle while it is running. It is dangerous for you and everyone else on the fuel deck. Second, your fuel cap is part of the EVAP system. When you run the vehicle with the cap removed, the computer perceives a mass leak in the EVAP system. It is supposed to set a code and turn on the check engine light. If you regularly run your vehicle with less than 1/4 tank of fuel in it before filling, it will cause premature failure of the fuel pump. The pump is inside the tank and is cooled by the liquid in the tank. If the fuel level drops below 1/4 tank, the pump is no longer submerged, it cannot dissipate the heat and will overheat causing it to burn out over time. This is not only true of your vehicle, but every fuel injected vehicle with the fuel pump inside the tank. most of your problems are operator error, and I suspect that the fuel pump is also.

By usedcardeale2
on 01/24/13 15:50 PM (PST)

to comment to moogvo your right about everything even not letting them go below 1/4 tank. But pump failure is inevitable, their is even a recall on it (finally) but even with the recall at the dealer it still cost a couple hundred dollars. and by the way!! I'm a used car dealer and I've had NOTHING BUT TROUBLE with Envoys and Trailblazers!!! I won't even buy them anymore. With low miles or high miles doesn't matter, I've even had GM technicians tell me they would never buy one. I've spent my last penny on them. I wouldn't do it to my customers I don't care if you buy a car from me or not when customers ask about them I tell them the truth and let them know I don't care if they buy from me just don't buy one for your own sake!!till cost you a couple hundred dollars. and by the way!!