2006 GMC Envoy XL Consumer Review: Outstanding SUV

2006 GMC Envoy XL - Consumer Review

Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Outstanding SUV
By Matt S on

2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle last month and haven't had any problems with it at all. The third row seat is a great extra and I love the amount of space inside. The larger V8 engine really helps with pickup and performance. Unfortunately, it doesn't help with gas mileage. In town I'm only getting around 14 mpg. On the long trip though I was able to get 21 mpg. But fuel economy wasn't a concern when I purchased the large SUV. Having room for 2 adults, one child, 3 dogs, and luggage was my concern, and this vehicle provides more than enough. Plus all the luxury of leather, navigation system, etc.

Space...enough room on the inside for 7 adults w/ the 3rd row seat. Driving and handling...this vehicle rides smoothly over rough roads. Road noise...its the most quiet vehicle I've owned.

You can't play a CD if you are using the nav system. That gets annoying. The XM radio though makes up for it.