Very Dependable
By Dina on
1994 Geo Tracker 2dr SUV 4WD w/Soft Top
I bought my 4x4 Geo Tracker in Europe in '95. Thought it was a good looking, sporty, little vehicle. Although the price was a little high, I was satisfied. The vehicle I owned at the time was a Chevy G-20 conversion van. If you've ever driven and tried to park a car in Europe you'd understand the setbacks to owning a huge vehicle. My Geo was great for these driving conditions. Although it does give you fits going up and down the mountainside, having a 5 spd allows you to use a lower gear and get the result you are looking for (making it to the top). I'm buying another vehicle this year, but I'm not getting rid of my Tracker!
Favorite Features
Sporty good looks. Small enough to manuever and park where there's just enough room for me. Has gotten me out of three major jams using the 4WD feature. NO major problems. This thing takes a licking and keeps on ticking! Never has left me stranded, with 137,000 miles.
Suggested Improvements
Wind noise is almost unbearable on the highway, so you have to turn up the tunes. Then adjust when you come off the off-ramp. Getting out of the vehicle to manually lock the hubs is a drag. Tin can feel when closing the doors, evryone things they have to slam it.