Used 2003 Ford Windstar LX Deluxe Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Booboohips finally comfortable
By Booboohips

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my 97 Crown Vic but my long legs and rebuilt hips were never comfortable. Sawgrass Ford gave me free loaners, usually Windstars, when I left the Vic for service. I noticed that my legs were in a much better position, my legs didn't cramp up from being stretched on low, and the van drove like a charm. I've never been as happy and comfortable with any of the scores of cars I've owned as I am with my Windstar

Favorite Features

Power sliding doors, rear sonar or radar for the blind spots, and plenty of room for 6 seniors to go for dinner and for all the grandkids. Great layout of the dashboard and rear view mirrors. Adjustable brake pedal. Exceptional handling on the highway at 70 mph.

Suggested Improvements

The rear passenger seat harnesses need to be looked at to improve comfort. The electrical harness for the rear side windows and radio speakers needs to be investigated.

MY FORD IS OK
By MELISSA

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

THIS WAS OUR FIRST NEW CAR PURCHASE AND OUR FIRST VAN PURCHASE. ALTHOUGH I HAVE MIXED FEELINGS TOWARDS THIS CAR, I WOULD PROBABLY BUY ANOTHER

Favorite Features

THE ZIPPY ENGINE. ITS GOT ALOT OF GET UP AND GO!!

Suggested Improvements

THE PEOPLE IN THEIR SERVICE DEPARTMENTS. DON'T FORGET THEY REPRESENT FORD.

I love it
By Nancy K.

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in June of 2002 and it has been wonderful ever since. The car has a great sound system and all of the diffrent features are amazing and wonderful. The engine is powerful and it does much better in snow and ice than my 1999 Windstar. I love the 17" rims as supposed to the 15" hubcaps. It seats many people and is also very comfortable. The video system is also good to have in case you are going on a long trip. The picture quality is beautiful! This car is the best I have ever owned! I don't know why everyone else hates it!

Favorite Features

The video entertainment, the wheels, the design, the engine, the sound system, the comfort. :)

Suggested Improvements

Convert some parts to chrome insted of plastic because it isn't as good quality, and make the automatic locking doors an option! Otherwise it's fantastic!

It's getting better
By FrankTheCabOwner

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

i own 2 1998 windstars and was not to happy with them. they each needed multiple transmissions. They also needed front-end work about every 50,000 miles they are each approaching 500,000 miles now. (They are Taxi's) I am very happy with the 2003 i just bought. They tell me the transmission problem has been fixed so that i should get 200-250k miles per trans, instead of the 100k the old ones lasted.

Favorite Features

rear air and sliding seats

Suggested Improvements

would like an extended version, about a foot longer would be great for my use as a taxi as it would provide more luggage space when having a large number of passangers.

ford quality?????
By daniel lipps

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchases my 2002 windstar this year and found what i thought was a simple defect. I soon discovered that Ford takes responibility for it's mistakes! If one looks at the 2002 windstar's back right wheelwell there is no covering or protection to the elements. the other three are covered with a plastic sheld and rust preventive. i found that ford will make no effort to fix the factory defect and will insted let my $30,000 van rust!!!! I find Ford utterly noncompliant with my service needs and dismissed my concerns as understated.

Suggested Improvements

There needs to be a nationwide recall of all 2002 windstars to fix the problem before unfixable damage occurs.