Rare Bird in a world of look alikes
By csp.la.ca. on
2003 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)
The Thunderbird is unique. After almost 3 years of ownership, I still get looks, questions and comments. They call the style retro, but actually it is a modern take of the early T-birds. The interior, I think is not unique but pretty good. For some reason I prefer the T-Bird to my BMW 540I. I like the car, I like the experience of owning the car. I was going to buy something else, but I can't find another $45K car I would rather have. For now it is a keeper. If I buy another car, I'm keeping the T-Bird. I think soon the value will increase, not as an investment but people will appreciate the car for what it is, a unique, RWD, V8, 4 wheel independent suspension, 2 seater, convertible.
Favorite Features
Thunderbird, RWD, V8, 2 seater, open top, soft top. The car came with the hard top, I took it off on the first day and have never put it on again. I may, I don't care if it "squeaks", it should.
Suggested Improvements
It's too late now, but the grill could be refined, maybe the interior reworked a bit. If you complain about storage and room, buy an SUV. Speed and handling, buy something else. In the real world, all the performance and handling you need is there.