Wow
By timmy on
2009 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
This vehicle is just amazing. Averaging 31.5 MPG and I drive 38 miles one way to work, about 25 miles of which is 60 MPH+ highways. I never dreamed I would see this kind of mileage in a 4wd SUV. The ride is very comfortable and smooth even on shoddy michigan roads, but it is not floaty, sloshy, or sluggish like a lot of other SUV's or larger cars can feel. Plenty of power when you step on it - like they advertise it feels like a v-6 when you need it to. I rarely push it though because I'm always concious of mileage. Feel lucky to own it despite the cost - see favorite features below.
Favorite Features
Engine, suspension, all of it. And the cost - when I sat down and figured out all the costs involved with owning and driving this vehicle it is actually cheaper than my last Grand Am GT. Buy a car and pay less than before? Go look at the price of gas.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing I seem to miss is the speed controled volume on the sound system. I might not have it because I ordered mine with the base sound setup. I just couldn't see spending $2000 on a stereo when I can get a way better one aftermarket for less than half that. base sound is good though.