1998 Chevrolet Lumina Base Model
By Jennifer15358 on
1998 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan
I bought it brand new back in 1998. Anyway, it has 133,000 miles on it currently and hasn't given me much trouble. The only thing that has went bad on the car so far is the water pump, which had to be replaced at around 100,000 miles. It's been a pretty reliable car so far. I travel a total of 90 miles a day, 5 days a week with this car, to and from work. And I never broke down or had a problem. But there is one negative thing about this car, that is it seems to burn oil, or leak oil because between oil changes(every 5,000 miles) I usually have to add almost a quart of oil. Other then the small oil loss, the car is built good and is reliable.
Favorite Features
The seats are pretty comfortable, and the car is roomy enough. The gages are easy to read and the car feels like a good built car when you drive it. I like the design of the front part of the car. I like the hood because it has a sleek look.
Suggested Improvements
A slightly more powerful engine would be nice. It would also be nice if the oil didn't burn(or leak) between oil changes so much. Sometimes after you shut the car off, you can hear water gushing.