The Bitterness of Poor Quality
By Bill on
2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)
In the year that I've owned this truck, I've gone through 3 sets of tires, 8 alignments, 2 body control modules, and 2 brake light switches. Chevy knows about a serious problem with the front suspension on this truck (they've issued 5 service bulletins to their dealerships on this subject) that causes the front tires to wear prematurely and excessive vibration. The truck won't hold an alignment. What is worse is that I've been in the process of lemon lawing this truck since March and Chevrolet refuses to acknowledge or take responsibility for the problem. The tires are so bad now that the treads are separating. Whatever you do spare yourself the horrible experience of owning a Colorado.
Favorite Features
To be fair, the guages are easy to read, roomy interior, automatic lights, good visibility, powerful 4 cylinder.
Suggested Improvements
Chevrolet needs to drastically improve the design and build quality of their products and a staff that actually cares about what they're selling to the public. As much as it hurts me to say this, maybe the country that invented the truck needs to let the Japanese show them how to build one to last.