2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Basic yet under-rated

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Review

Basic yet under-rated
By cailean on

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've got over 90,000 km on my car and it's still going strong - the only problem I had was with the cooling system just a month after I first bought it, and it hasn't been an issue since. It's far from being the fanciest car out there, but there's a lot more to it than people realize. Surprisingly sporty, excellent mileage for it's age, and a surprisingly large amount of cargo space - I once loaded three large book cases from Ikea with room to spare. I bought this car straight out of university when money was pretty tight. My money situation has improved, so I probably wouldn't buy it again, but would more than recommend it if you're needing to pinch some pennies.

Favorite Features

Acceleration with a light load, fuel economy, starts in any weather (including a day of -30 without the block heater being plugged in)

Suggested Improvements

Gets weighed down easily, interior materials are very poor quality, seats are uncomfortable for drives longer than an hour or so