2004 Buick Rendezvous 3.4L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Large and efficient

2004 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Review

CX 4dr SUV (3.4L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Large and efficient
By Dave K on

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Rendezvous is GM's best-kept secret. Quieter, better riding and larger than most midsize SUVs. Better fuel economy than Highlander, yet about as large inside as an Expedition. Interior has no squeaks or rattles and is definitely one of GM's higher-quality executions. At 6'6 and 240 pounds, Explorer and TrailBlazer seemed cramped for me, but the Vous feels open and roomy. Most will say the engine needs more power, but it adequate and actually pretty punchy around town (remember, this is a wagon not a Corvette!). People I have shown it to love it. So far my mother, brother and wife's friend have all bought Rendezvous.

Favorite Features

Quality is superb: 7 months and 7000 miles through 7 states and Rendezvous is rock solid. Center console is gargantuan. Cupholders are hold anywhere from a pop can to two 40 ounce Slurpees without danger of spilling. 8- speaker sound system is excellent. 24 mpg on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

Big guys (like me) squash the seat bottom cushions so they rub the wide console. This can make a slight creaking noise. I solved this with a 10- cent piece of felt.