Used 2008 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Veyron 16.4 model:

Lovely Automoblie
By ironpeddler

2008 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Coupe 2dr Coupe AWD (8.0L 16cyl Turbo 7AM)

I knew I had to have one once I first laid eyes on the vehicle. Unfortunately, ordering one from the factory involved a very long wait, so I purchased one from a fellow in the Middle East sight unseen. After many months of waiting, phone calls, and emails, the car was delivered to my East Coast home after 7 months. The car is absolutely gorgeous and is truly a work of art. But sadly I must admit that due to my height, my feet can't reach the pedals to operate it correctly. My two brothers have enjoyed it immensely as they are taller than myself. I just made the decision to sell it at auction with a no reserve price. Best of luck if you bid on it.

Favorite Features

The color...Solid Red. The car is perfect as it sits.

Suggested Improvements

More adjustments to the seats and driver's controls...the pedals.

Synopsis
By VeyronDriver

2008 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Coupe 2dr Coupe AWD (8.0L 16cyl Turbo 7AM)

Have a friend who purchased a Veyron and have driven it on at least 6 occasions. Beautiful car, however not practical.It will get you the attention that you want, but for this price you are better off buying a used lear jet which will get you further for less cost. The tires themselves cost $30,000 or $12/mile for wear and tear, and overall maintenance is approximately $25-30/mile.Pure joy to drive, however,yet the price makes it affordable only to the super wealthy who desire extreme attention or to the ultra serious car collector.

Favorite Features

The absolute power delivered by this car is mind-boggling.Interior nicely done. The car has an ability to magically part traffic so that there is no need to worry about congestion.If you are wanting to get noticed, this is definitely the car to have.

Suggested Improvements

As mentioned before, totally insane price at $1.6 million. Maintenance is absurd, and only those with the biggest ego need purchase this car. At this price, there should be options such as gps navigation, heads up display, and automatic ego massager.

More Than a Car
By bugattiowner

2008 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Coupe 2dr Coupe AWD (8.0L 16cyl Turbo 7AM)

After pondering which car to buy once I had traded in my Ferrari f40 and Ferrari f50 I began researching to find the best possible super car. The Bugatti Veyron impressed me the most so I purchased it. It has an understated exterior which is stylish simplicity and the interior is made from the highest quality materials. The second you start the engine, you know that there is enormous power under the hood. It accelerates like nothing I have ever driven and it easily beats my Ferrari Enzo for speed. The acceleration is very linear and smooth.

Favorite Features

Interior design, exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

None

Finest Piece Of Automotive Engineering
By AceOfRace

2008 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Coupe 2dr Coupe AWD (8.0L 16cyl Turbo 7AM)

The Bugatti Veyron is the absolute best automobile the world has ever known. Aside from being the fastest most powerful car on the planet, it also more than succeeds as a fantastic daily driver. As soon as you step into the car you are surrounded by the finest materials and behind you sits an 8.0L W16 with four turbochargers. This drastic engine pumps out an unreal 1001 bhp and 922 ft lbs. of torque. It's an absolute marvel. The incredible thing about the car is not the massive performance... its the fact that you can outrun anything on public roads while on the way to pick your son up from school as I may do. The Veyron deserves the number one spot in any automotive hall of fame. Brilliant.

Favorite Features

Unreal performance, speed and handling wise. Although handling is heavier than that of a Pagani Zonda or Koenigsegg CCX, its brilliant all the same. The brakes are the most powerful I've ever experienced on any car. 0-60 MPH in 2.5 seconds and 253 MPH? Yes please. Amazing.

Suggested Improvements

What more could i possibly want in a car? Nothing. Fantastic job, Bugatti.

Excellent car, with some qualifications.
By W. M. Delacroix

2008 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Coupe 2dr Coupe AWD (8.0L 16cyl Turbo 7AM)

I purchased this car after an unfortunate mishap with my beloved Ferrari that involved a miniature Dachshund and high winds...but that's another story. I am indeed fond of this car and rather enjoy the looks it gets when parked. It is nearly as comfortable and useful as my beloved 1973 Chevrolet Blazer, but lacks the offroad capability of The Beast, as we called it.

Favorite Features

This is a scrumptiously comfortable car. The power is second to none. I love the interior, and I gaze lovingly at the motor for hours on end, often making little "vroom vroom" noises whilst sitting in the car while parked in my 18-car garage at our summer place.

Suggested Improvements

This may seem like a bit of a nit, but this car lacks enough cup holders. Also, it really isn't all that good in ice, snow, or mud. An all-wheel drive car of this caliber really should be able to handle the Rubicon Trail with ease. I suggest a more rugged suspension and more aggressive tires.