Used 2007 Audi A8 Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi A8

View reviews for a specific A8 model:

Awesome Car
By Brian Luedtke

2007 Audi A8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

MPG or GPM?????
By John Ebin

2007 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

19 MPG advertised for City Driving but now with 2000 miles getting 10-12MPG. What a Scam!!!! Now see what VW has done with emissions . Did they do the same with MPG???????

120K miles retrospective
By boyracer3

2007 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Finally retired my 8 a few months ago. Absolutely beautiful car. Loved driving it. And still miss it greatly. The expense of repairs quickly exceeded the residual value of the car. The car was very reliable and honestly the issues that I had with it were worn part maintenance issues. But items like the suspension repairs @110K for $7400. Other small issues for another $7500 soon followed. $15K for a car I then traded for $12K. But I did get a new S7 so obviously I still think they are great cars. Really had no problems at all until 100K. I don't really think Audi's are that expensive to maintain, either, nothing like Porsche or BMW in my experience.

The Quattro is phenomenal on this car. As long as the car can clear it, it performs in snow like a dream. With snow tires, You can drive at highway speeds with confidence. Pass people like they are standing still, drive up hills when others get out and walk. My Colorado ski buddies got white knuckles because they thought I would slide through every stop sign an lose control on every turn. I would do donuts in the parking lot at my local ski hill. You really have to push the car to obnoxious limits to get it to misbehave. I'll also miss those seats.

The only suggestion I would have was to pair the A8 with the diesel from our Q7. Which they have done. I wish the '15 A8 was more distinctive. In my mind, I feel it too closely resembles the A4. I realize that sells more 4s but nobody ever confused my 8 with an A4. Would have got another anyway but my wife wanted something sportier. S7. It's a lot quicker. But I liked my 8 better.

40k-110k review
By boyracer3

2007 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a preowned A8L '07 a couple of years ago. Have put 70K on car since. It has been remarkably reliable. The build quality is excellent. I don't get the gas mileage it promised unless driving over 70. I have all service done at dealership, and have been very surprised at the low cost of maintenance, and the quality of service.
Had a new A4 in '07, hated it, swore I'd never buy Audi again, got bad service.
Bought the 8 because I needed big and 4WD.
Expected many of the same problems I had with the 4, but it is a much better car. And I think Audi is a much better car maker and has made huge efforts to improve customer satisfaction.

The MMI interface. Nav functions are great, though not as good as the nav on my '12 Q7. Stereo is magnificent. Quiet, smooth, ample back seat for extra passengers. Love the opportunity to drive others around in it. Understated luxury, the car has aged well. Love the Quattro, with the snow tires on it, it behaves very well in conditions that would have given me white knuckles before. I really appreciate the quality of the materials. There in nothing, nothing inside the car that feels or appears plasticky. I'm a big guy, and the drivers seat has been very comfy, and has held up well under heavy use.

The A8L is really long, have to pass up lots of great parking spots, but the back up camera sometimes makes the improbable, possible. Would love to see Audi sell sedans/wagons with the TDI from my '12 Q7. Kinda missed the gurgling exhaust of the S class mercedes and the more nimble feel of the BMW 7 series. The A8 feels heavier and more deliberate than the others, a product of the 4WD, I'm sure. You know its 4WD when you tug at the steering wheel. But Quattro was why I chose Aud in the first place. This car, and Audi by extension, were so impressive that I bought a new Q7 in '12 and I will seriously consider an R8 when the economy turns around.

Truly fine automobile
By swissman564

2007 Audi A8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my '07 A8L a year ago at Tyson's Audi in Virginia.
It had 61,000 miles on it and although it looked practically showroom new in every way, I was a bit worried about spending serious money on a 4-yr old car with that many miles.
My worries have been laid to rest 20K miles later.
I have owned 4 BMW's (7, 5, and 3 Series) and one Benz.
I never liked the Benz but loved all of my BMW's and never thought I could appreciate a car more than a BMW.
The 1st time I laid eyes on this car I fell in love with the looks.
Mechanically, fit & finish and handling, this is the Ubermachine from Germany.
Simple as that.
No use enumerating it all.
Enough said.
I'm in love.

Looks - incomparable. Nothing on the road that looks this good and done in an understated way - IMHO. Amazingly fuel efficient for a big sedan. Roomy luxurious interior that takes the passengers' breath away. The quality of the interior materials are top of the line. The best I have ever seen. Nothing looks cheap in or outside this car. NOTHING. And it is FAST and responsive. No one messes with you and they don't even have time to. Solid as a rock at 120 mph. Those poor hapless youth in their souped up 4-bangers try occasionally, only to be shamed into the rear view mirror before they know what happened. They don't try it a second time.

None