Used 2001 Volkswagen EuroVan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used EuroVan for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
3.63 out of 5 stars

I used to love German quality

Pat, 05/06/2009
GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this vehicle-had 10 hour drive to get it (handicap van) now fixing all the electrical issues. I have always loved the German engineering but the asian cars have QC! I am old school, don't think you should have to pay $300 for a key or $300 for an igniter that replaced a $3 set of points - that's "progress?" I guess I know too much about engineering, mechanics, electronics, etc. It must be easy to design products without regard to cost to the client!

4.5 out of 5 stars

V ersatile Vehicle

Tubaman, 08/02/2004
MV 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Eurovan used, less than a year old with about 11000 miles, still under warranty. No mechanical problems except a driveline seal replaced under warranty. (I've always had it serviced at University VW in Albuquerque.) I find it very comfortable to drive long distances, but my wife finds the seats too tall (seat to floor) for sustained comfort. Acceleration is fair with the VR6. Fuel economy is about 20 mpg. The E'van can pull a light trailer too.

4.63 out of 5 stars

alot more for the price

RANGER, 04/29/2003
GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was shopping for a mini van and end up with a big van I compare prices and could not belived that I was getting more of a van for less money. I compare honda,mazda and toyota and with the option the EuroVan give you more for the price, the kids love it specialy when we go on a long trip.

4.88 out of 5 stars

I'm glad I overlooked the editors review

mogies, 05/29/2003
GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am overjoyed with our purchase of a 2001 eurovan. It has great pickup and great looks plenty of room and fun, fun, fun to drive. We looked at many different types of vehicles, including SUVs, before we purchased it. Once I got in and drove it, I knew it was the one for us. Because there are not many of these vehicles on the road (unlike the standard minivan)people stare wondering what it is. The other day a man flashed me a peace sign. What more can I say!

4.13 out of 5 stars

Not a typical Minivan

Pennsylvania, 09/25/2003
GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

With little interest in a van that has 16 cup holders the Eurovan wasthe perfect match for our clan.The seats are a pain.I now have my mechanic remove,storeandinstall the rear seat when needed.A/Cis powerful.The engine never lacksneeded speed.When you first drive this car,you sit up high like a bus driveran experience that takes getting useto. Never do I feel thattipping/rollingis an issue.The middle seats and the A/Ccompressor have broke.This oversized beast is missing the bells and whistles Soccer Moms demand. However,my van can haul 7 adults comfortably, a dog, groceries and luggage for a week and never feel under powered.