2019 Volkswagen Atlas Consumer Reviews

$30,895

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Legroom

Craig N, 03/27/2019
V6 SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I'm 6'4" and can comfortably sit behind myself, don't know any other car or SUV where that is possible. Bought it on the spot just because of this. I've carried 8 people comfortably and loaded cargo that I couldn't believe it could swallow. Fully loaded it's every bit as good as an Audi and $20k less, so it's a bargain. Adaptive cruise is a treat, only complaint is that it has a very small gas tank. Range is only 350 miles on a full tank. Compared to a Suburban or Expedition it's a sports car. Black wheels on 20" tires look the part. Had it a year and very pleased.

Worst Auto Ive ever owned - Buyer Beware

Just a guy , 01/15/2020
V6 SE w/Technology R-Line 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

we have owned our 2019 Atlas SE w/Tech 4 motion v6 rline for 13 months and 35k miles. This is by far the worst auto purchase of my adult life. We purchased this over the explorer because of the 72k warranty( now 50k on 2020 models) and it is a shame we have to use it so frequently. Pros: Ride quality. it ride very smooth, good visibility, good interior layout and third row is spacious. Cons: Terrible quality and I question the longevity of this auto. We have had ours in the shop 7x in the for 12 months for the following: 1: replace both front sway bar links in suspension- before 20k miles! 2: replace rear climate control screen 3: replace seat belt buckle in middle row 4: replace push button start due to inconsistent starting 5: torque converter makes terrible loud grinding noise in low gears. VW acknowledges its, has no idea what it is , has other complaints, but deflects it as "normal" 6: My atlas has been in the shop 3x for coolant issues. either the warning light is on or I can smell coolant when the car is on. No remedy yet so they tell me its " normal" UPDATE on this issue: the dealer just tore the entire engine apart and replaced every seal and gasket. We had warped cylinder heads and and oil leak around the filter due to coolant leaking into the cylinder heads. This would have been over $12k out of pocket with no warranty! Pretty large and ridiculous repair for an issue I was told didn’t exist for 2 months. The Service Manger mentioned he has another atlas in for the same reason and has recommended to VW Corp to look into this because he believes it is an true design issue. I'm filing a lemon law suit since all issues have started and been documented in the first year, especially the coolant issue.

Truly Impressive

J Denslow, 03/05/2019
V6 SEL 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I previously owned a 2001 Nissan xTerra, 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe, and 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo E. My 2019 Volkswagen Atlas absolutely tops them all. The interior is spacious. The SEL trim level is loaded. I couldn't allow myself to be seen in a current generation Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, or Nissan PathFinder. All are too round-looking. I prefer a more square, somewhat masculine and/or sporty appearance. That left the Ford Explorer (too expensive for comparable options), Toyota 4Runner (too rugged for my everyday highway commute), Mazda CX9 (a bit too small and underpowered), and the Volkswagen Atlas. PROs: appearance, interior room, technology, quiet handling, smooth driving/handling, more than adequate power, exterior LED lighting, value. CONs: poor MPG, would have preferred cloth or leather seats (not fake leather), a lot of hard plastic in the cabin. VW is part of the same company as Audi, and I think the perfect way to describe the Atlas is that it's the poor man's Q7...and that's meant as a compliment in all the positive interpretations of that saying. UPDATE: I am still just as thrilled today as I was 9 months ago when I bought my VW Atlas. It has proven to be quite convenient as an equipment and people hauler. I have taken her on a couple of longer road trips that included Wolf Creek Pass in Colorado and she handled them without any problems. Comfortable, quiet. Wished it had slightly better gas mileage. This is a fantastic SUV. I'm seeing more and more on the road, so it seems many other people agree.

Ad
2020 Volkswagen Atlas S

Love my new Atlas!

C. Hewitt, 02/22/2019
V6 SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Coming from a smaller SUV, and needing more space, the Atlas has been great! The interior room is plentiful, and it is easy to take advantage of it in many different ways. The front seats are good (not amazing) but the configuration, especially with the digital cockpit, is amazing. The engine is adequate, but not overwhelming. The safety features are best in class, and it drives and feels like a much more expensive SUV. Great value, and you can really select the trim you want, with the right features, all the way from 25k to 45k, all of them are good values.

A great family car that’s not a minivan

Ann S., 05/19/2019
V6 SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I hate minivans - I secretly love what they offer but they drive like a tractor or bus. I wanted a sporty SUV with 3 rows for our family of 4 peeps and 2 dogs. Also My husband is 6”4 (torso long as opposed to leg room is a must.) and This is the first mid size SUV where he sat in the drivers seat and his head/ hair didn’t hit the roof. We tried the audi, the Honda, Toyota, the Lexus, Infiniti grr it was maddening. I read about the new Altas and test drove it. This was the first suv that drove like a German sports car it felt great maneuvering through traffic I didn’t feel that it was overwhelming to drive. It was very comfortable which is needed as I drive 60 miles a day commuting. We have taken it on long car trips and it fit my daughters camp trunk and a weeks worth of luggage does the family. I love being able to take 6 kids plus my husband and I It’s my favorite car to drive. The instrument panel is convenient and reachable to someone short like me unlike the sequels I tried. The only downside is the tank is small I hate filling up every week up can live with it given the other advantages. Love this car would buy it again.

2018 VW Atlas SEL Premium - Capable Off-road!?

A Person who has twins, 03/07/2019
V6 SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have a 2018 VW Atlas SEL Premium. Overall, it is a great car, however there are some minor and major issues. First Let’s go over the Pros- Great Safety, Great Audio System (Fender), Great Technology (360 camera graphics are amazing!!), great legroom. More on the legroom- it’s great - after renting a pickup truck with my kids, they say their is the same amount of room as an F150 SuperCrew!! Also, the third row is the best in the segment. I owned a 2017 Honda Pilot Touring and the legroom was terrible and the transmission was falling apart after 30k miles. So, these are just some good things about the VE Atlas, of course there are more. Next, Cons- visibility, visibility, visibility. The visibility in this car is not good. Mainly, it’s the Pillar near the trunk and 3rd window. It’s close to hummer h2 level. Next, paint- now for the SEL premium, definitely get the black wheels- they hide all of the dirt. So, I went with white paint and black wheels and a tan interior (matches with the headliner). Also, I went with bucket seats, not captain chairs. Lastly, Off-roading- I know a lot of people aren’t going to take their family car off-road but — I did. This car handled well and o was very impressed. Yes it is capable. I recommend this vehicle for everybody and hope I helped!!

Great SUV

Brian, 02/25/2019
V6 SEL 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

A great family SUV. My atlas SEL 4 Motion is great to drive and can hold my family of 4 with plenty of cargo space for all of our stuff. The climate control, entertainment system, and driver assist technologies are all top of the line. The ride is comfortable and smooth. Could use some more acceleration and wish it had better gas mileage, but overall 95/100.

Fantastic SUV

RJ, 06/20/2019
V6 SEL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Just hit 40k miles on my atlas and it has been fantastic. The ride is comfortable with plenty of room. I love the layout of the entertainment system plus carplay is excellent. I do wish they would have put volume and channel/ song change on the same side of the steering wheel, but that is minor. The lane assist and adaptive cruise control are fantastic. I know there is gripe over the MPG, but I have been keeping track over the lat 10 fillups and I am averaging 21.5 for the city and we just finished a long roadtrip from St Louis to Minneapolis where I averaged 25.5. Both of these numbers are better than what was stated and this is the first car I have owned in 30 years that actually met or beat the listed MPG. Tons of compliments on SUV and the warranty that came with it is basically double of what the competition offers. If you are looking for a three row SUV I would at least add this one to the list to test drive when you are out looking.

Great Family VDub

Logan Mahan, 05/05/2019
V6 SE 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We have loved almost everything about this Atlas. The ease to drive, comfort, it holds our family, good in the snow, power, handling and design. It has been reliable. Zero issues! It is a bit wide and can make parking a bit overwhelming. I wish the materials were better on the inside. I have owned a lot of cars and this one is a stand out for me! Well done over all.

Altas Greatest SUV OUT

Mrs.Murchison, 07/17/2019
V6 SE w/Technology 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The atlas is the overall best family vehicle, it’s sporty, it’s luxury all at the same time, I will be sticking with Volkswagen for all my future car needs. Go test drive it and I guarantee you will fall in love with this vehicle.

New 2019 VW Atlas

Joseph Bidwell, 06/07/2019
V6 SE w/Technology 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is a fantastic car. The SE w/Technology and 4MOTION is a fantastic trim level with all the bells and whistles I was hoping for at an affordable price. The acceleration, braking, control systems and upgrade features are top-notch, and this is a car I hope to drive for decades to come!

Not a mini van.

Keith, 02/03/2019
S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Plenty of power. I do not need the 4wd, so this turbo four fwd weighs 300 pounds less and moves very well. Good handling and plenty of room. Got a 2019 for 27170. Less than any mini van. Very happy with purchase.

World Class "Atlas"

Gary OG, 05/08/2019
V6 SEL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Traded a 2018 Lexus RX350 in for this vehicle. Could not be more satisfied, the Atlas rides better, has more technology, and it's looks are great. I have received many compliments on the Atlas!. The only thing I wish was improved was the cockpit display at night is not bright enough.

Great look but horrible engine/ transmission noise

VW_Atlas_not_great, 10/12/2019
V6 SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The VW Atlas has a major design flaw in the torque converter. When downshifting or stuck in 3rd gear it creates a screeching/ grinding noise. Buyer beware. It is apparently normal per VW. Sounds like an issue they haven't figured out how to resolve yet and are just making up excuses. It is annoying and embarassing. I don't know how they can justify this with a $50k loaded car.

Best family vehicle at a great price

Lance , 08/17/2019
V6 SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We had all sorts of issues with our van and it was time for it to go. With that being said, I am 6 ft 4 inches tall and needed leg room. We have 3 children and the oldest is the size of an NFL linebacker. I spent many weeks looking and driving several different types of SUVS keeping in mind that I will be leasing this vehicle. I have drove Ford, Toyota,Honda,GMC, Chevy and Kia. Needless to say I did the homework. VW hands down crushed out the competition in this area. I can stretch all the way out in the drivers area and still have room. I can also stretch completely out in the 2nd row when my wife is driving. Now, the true test.........The 3rd row. Every 3rd row that I sat in just did not have much space at all and if it gave a little space, you lost trunk storage. Boy was I wrong on this one. I was able to sit in the third row and still had leg room. Trunk storage is also great, it has the same amount of trunk storage as the Grand Caravan that we traded in. Not only is this vehicle a great purchase for the family, it turns heads..... People are asking what kind of vehicle it is and where we got it. Hands down, impressive. Kia had a decent new SUV but at the end of the day, we went with quality and comfort. KIA Lease prices are just crazy. VW blew everything out of the water. I wish there was a 6 star rating.

amazing!

kenneth nugyen, 02/22/2019
V6 SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

i absolutely adore this car. it is so smooth to ride. and more importantly, the wifey enjoys taking road trips in this car.

Great value

Patrick, 08/17/2019
V6 SE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

A bit noisy, mostly wind, at speed over 60mph.

Two check engine lights before first oil change

RYoung, 02/10/2020
V6 SEL R-Line 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Got an ‘19 SEL RLine back in may 2019. Thought I’d get used to the bad torque converter noise, but it just got worse. When engine shuts off you hear a grinding metallic fan sound like and old clunker. @7k miles the first check engine light came on, dealer replaced catalytic converter. Two weeks later, 2nd light came on for low coolant. Hasn’t even had its first oil change. If I would have know the “head gasket” issues were so common, I would have stayed with a more reliable brand like Toyota or Honda.

Best family vehicle at a great price

Lance , 08/17/2019

2019 VW Atlas

Mike, 12/12/2019
V6 SEL 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

It came down to our final 3 choices. KIA Telluride, Hyundai Palisade and the VW Atlas. Our preference and comparisons were based on fit, comfort, style and the amenities offered at the trim level of SEL for the VW and Hyundai and the EX trim for the KIA. They were all great. What pushed us over to the VW was the fact that every dealer we worked with for both the KIA and Hyundai wanted as a base MSRP PLUS! Some dealers were selling both the Hyundai and KIA for thousands over MSRP. That's crazy. The VW dealer we worked with us gave us a "returning customer" discount ($500), a first responder discount ($500) and a VW discount of $6,000. MSRP was $46,000 with all options . Walked out with a bill for $39,000 that took our old car payment down by $100.00 / mo. Granted, it's only been about 800 miles ago, but I don't have a bad thing to say. I look forward to a long relationship with this rig.

Luxury & Sport on a smaller budget

Michelle B, 12/31/2019
V6 SE 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I fell in love with this car. The luxury feel, the sporty options for speed & auto transmission availability with a sweet budget changed my interests from Ford & my lineage with Honda. It handles great in the snow with the 4motion. I can fit 6 other people too! Beautiful lines, simple & sexy. I feel different in this vehicle compared to what I was driving before! Many thoughtful considerations in this SUV. And the 2019 still has 6yr/72mile bumper to bumper warranty! Awesome!

Great value

Bill, 07/26/2019
SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I shopped Honda Passport, Ford Explorer, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Toyota Highlander and the VW Atlas is the best overall package. The Atlas 2.0 T handles very well and has above average pickup for such a small displacement engine. I also feel the Atlas has a great ride when compared to the competition. Also, the interior layout and roominess is awesome for my family of four we fit very comfortably in the Atlas. No real complaints about the vehicle so far!

Sel premium

adolph hissler, 07/11/2019
V6 SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Can’t imagine wasting money on more “premium” brand. Has all the features, tech and quality of a suv costing $20k more. Big, roomy and quick. Find a better 3 row, please let me know.

Traded my 7 series for this

Kelley, 05/12/2019
V6 SEL R-Line 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

So much room, I feel safe, no blind spots, love the space comfort and the ride. Love the cameras..so clear

Days new it almost killed us - manufacturer defect

MT, 12/01/2019
V6 SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Purchased brand new for 3rd row/storage within the class and the peace of mind of a 72k warranty. On the first tank of gas within days, not weeks of ownership, we experienced a life threatening catastrophic transmission and throttle failure while attempting to cross lanes and merge into 65 MPH traffic. The car’s transmission went into emergency mode and while attempting to move us to safety, the vehicle exceeded 5500 RPM trying to shift into 2nd gear at a painstaking sub 20MPH speed. We avoided a life threatening collision despite the surrounding 65MPH heavy traffic and for that we are thankful. Volkswagen admitted the faulty manufacturing and attempted to repair. For obvious reasons, we are not interested in placing our lives in danger again by driving this vehicle. It is notable that VW has also changed their warranty for 2020 year to be 48,000 verses the 72,000 on model years 2019 and earlier. Buyer beware. VW’s quality must be called into question as the depth and scope of the emissions scandals and a very significant reduction to the fleet wide warranty program for the 2020 model year seem indicative of larger issues within VW.

Low gear shifting is abnormal

None, 11/19/2019
V6 SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought mine yesterday. The gear shifting from first to second and second to third is abnormal. Brought it to the dealership tonight for inspection and they said that clunky shifting is normal for the Atlas. They test drove it and said it’s expected performance to have those jerky shifts. So if you don’t mind that, pretty good car otherwise. If you like your car to have a normal smooth gear shift in low gears, this vehicle is not for you.

Atlas for the family

Mike, 01/01/2020
V6 SE w/Technology 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Traded in my Audi A4 when it became apparent that 2 car seats rendered the A4 almost useless. After shopping around and doing some research, settled on the the 2019, SE 4 Motion/w tech. Power lift gate was something I really wanted and only comes on the tech version. I was aiming towards a 2018 base model, but VW convinced up-gaging in year and trim was worth it. Bought CPO with 15k miles which takes warranty out to 2026. Considered Telliuride and Highlander, but Atlas beat out on total value. My first SUV and I’m very happy with it so far!

Car has a design flaw

Pavan, 06/09/2019
V6 SE w/Technology R-Line 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I got this car 3 months ago and it has been having Air condition issues and Transmission issues. Car has been at the dealership multiple times and it has no fix yet. Please don’t buy this car until it get’s reliable

Great everyday SUV

CP, 03/12/2019
V6 SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

It’s capable as minivan, but solid and safe as SUV. As you like or not gas milage its not bad if you have a v6 as 3.6 liters, you just have to get a soft acceleration and wouldn’t be different problem if you drive an electric car. Space is impressive capable almost like a suburban but its not that expensive V8. Safety seems to do well if you look the test I hope don’t have to deal with it but all the time the warning and break assistance save me from distractions or blind spots like reverse manuver Stop the car completely to avoid a collision. Suspension would be my only concern, as the only way to manage it, is from a car shop. If to soft will make not good drive in freeway and if too tight will effect city comfort drive.... I guess thats y the other suv lux have airsodt options where trow away all the budget thing! Hopefully they will get better. Only regret I ddnt get 4 motion would more be stable acceleration and better wearing of tires where must rotate every 5k. Front speaning very easy if you are in the rush. If you are in the budget I would suggest se v6 4 motion. Fake leather seats very fragile.

Atlases hold the whole world up

Paz, 06/18/2019
V6 S 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I can't say enough about my experience at Gene Messer Volkswagen. My husband and I were driving back home to Houston from a camping trip in Arizona and our Honda CR-V was too small to carry all our equipment and our children still fit comfortably. We stopped for the night in Lubbock and while driving around we saw their Atlases and decided to take a look. They have so much more room! We never planned on buying a new car at that time but it was just too good a deal to pass up! The salesman, Joshua, knew all about them and the cool features VW has made them with. We had such a fun time with him on the test drive, my husband is a kidder and likes to poke fun at people, but Joshua was giving as good as he got! If you ever find yourself looking for a vehicle definitely check this place out. I can see up driving back here from Houston for future business, they are that good!

don't get technology if you need a hitch...

Ken Rossman, 01/14/2019
V6 SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Atlas SE w/technology is a great all around SUV, however its hitch with a lift for a mobility scooter is incompatible with adaptive cruise control(ACC). even just the lift installed throws the front sensor out of the range it can be adjusted. IMO it would probly do the same trailering a boat etc. or even with a heavy load in the trunk. The ACC cannot be disengaged to allow regular cruise control. I wish I had leased an SE w/o technology

Base Value - Premium Underachiever

R.A., 09/28/2019
V6 SEL 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

CONS: Memory seat automatic recall opposite from driver needs. Electronic dashboard is non-intuitive and poorly organized Surround camera misses the mark in terms of auto-activation Voice activated functionality is amateurish at best Owner's Manual is completely useless, videos misleading Sharp edges on doors can be painful Mileage ratings are "optimistic" at best Car-Net app functionality lacking PROS: Great size/value for families Wonderful highway manners Convenient Adaptive Cruise Control Fabulous auto up/down window operations Incredible panoramic moonroof operation

Atlas shrugged

Brad Ganzer, 11/25/2019
V6 SE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

What a blast to drive ... checks out positive in every area. I went from a GTI to the Atlas and what a difference but both have their value. I am happy with my purchase.

Loving this car!

Kay54, 03/01/2020
V6 SE w/Technology R-Line 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We have a lifted (3 inches) 2019 Atlas with R-Vision, 4-motion, Technology, and light bar on the front bumper. This car is very roomy, holds a ton of cargo and gets a lot of attention! It accelerates quickly, handles snow well (a little difficult on unexpected ice the first time , but slowing to a reasonable speed corrected this), and we love the lane control and automatic slowing with cruise control use. It took a few times out to get used to the side mirrors showing when a car was in your blind spot and making sure not to confuse it with the turn signal lights, but we love this feature now. I say "We", but I think my husband has only put maybe 50 miles on it. ;) The dealership also gave us 7/125K, instead of the 6/72K warranty. We haven't needed any work of any kind and have had nothing go wrong other than having to repair a rock chip in the windshield. The only thing that could be better is the size of the gas tank (only 18.6) and better mileage, averaging 19.2 (but we live at almost 4,000 feet and it's 35 miles to the closest town; the return half of the trip is all uphill). Still, we have had two Suburbans and the best mileage with either was 14/17 and they were FWD, not AWD.

Very disappointed! Would not buy/ lease it again

ShlomNJ, 06/27/2019
V6 SE w/Technology 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

we leased this car in April and it had been for almost a month in service. Apparently, VW doesn't even provide a loaner car and leaves you to the mercy of the dealership (we didn't receive one). It is the least reliable car I ever witnessed. True, it has advanced features and is roomy inside, but the reliability (and VW service) doesn't justify even 1 star. It is a very heavy (and long) car, doesn't have a strong performance; Driver seat mechanism already squeaking. Generally, the car doesn't seem like it will stand time well. For a $45K car and the awful service you get from VW - do yourself a favor and go someplace else!

Atlas

Xxxxx, 01/08/2020
V6 SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Please don’t buy this car you going to regret Check reviews before so many problems

No Reliability; Poor Customer Service

Jhall, 12/02/2019
V6 S 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We bought a new 2019 Atlas in August. It needed a new catalytic converter at 1400 miles. It’s in the shop now (December) for the THIRD time with a check engine light. VW will text me, but then claim they don’t have my phone number to call me.

Large 3-row SUV, but underwhelming interior

Tom D, 06/22/2019
V6 SE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I briefly considered the new for 2019 VW Atlas when purchasing a 3-row crossover/SUV this spring. Early reviews weren't very strong and given that it's an all new build I didn't want to risk being a guinea pig in testing this new vehicle. Had the opportunity recently to rent one for a week in the SE trim and have to say I wasn't overly impressed. The V6 is has plenty of vigor and pulls strongly through the gears but you'll pay for it at the pump. Brakes felt overly sensitive and grabbed unexpectedly with less pedal pressure than you would have thought necessary to get that result. The exterior styling is handsome and make no mistake; this is a very large vehicle. There is ample cargo space in the rear especially if you fold the 3rd row down and bountiful cabin storage up front. Maybe higher trim levels are more luxurious but the SE is a bit of a penalty box, gloomy all black surfaces, lots of cheap plastic and an instrument cluster that looks like it came from my VW Scirroco circa 1987. The infotainment system was bewildering and just changing the radio station was a challenge- I'm sure more time to familiarize with it would help. Overall the Atlas might suit large families on a budget who aren't fussy about upscale interiors or gas mileage.

Brake Squeal and Emergency Brake Issues

bp1b, 06/02/2019
V6 SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I would definitely NOT purchase this car again. I have about 9000 miles on my 2018 Atlas. About 1000 miles in, the brakes began squealing when backing out of the driveway. Dealer said it was due to cold weather. Then it was described as a “feature”. Metallic brakes that “clean themselves off”. Contacted VW America and only one solution was offered...”drive fast on a country road and slam on the brakes.” Unreal. Make sure you search for owner reviews online before purchasing.

So far So great!

Tami E. , 08/17/2020
V6 SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased this vehicle in Jan. 2020 and have had it for 7 months. I really like the smooth ride, spacious interior and tech features. It is wonderful to be able to place all of my groceries trunk space with the third row up. The design of the Atlas is also a plus because it doesn’t look like it has so much room. The gas mileage is not great. But with prices low, I am able to fill the tank for around $27.00! I can’t wait until we can travel again and really enjoy all that this vehicle has to offer. It you are wondering, give it a test drive. You won’t be disappointed.

2019 VW Atlas

Jack Conway, 01/22/2020
V6 SE 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Perfect family SUV. Great for 4 car seats.

Amazing!!

C Dell, 10/21/2019

OMG Love this car!!!

It’s okay

Jerzy, 10/18/2019
V6 SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The car was just bought, and the driving computer is still adapting to my driving style. I believe that it will be much better to open some time. That is, the fuel tank is small and the other is very satisfied.

My dream car

Luis, 11/07/2019

Elegant, classy,

Ok..lacked pickup

Jack, 04/08/2019
V6 SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I test drove the Atlas on March 29. I found the acceleration to be poor.

HORRIBLE GAS MILEAGE

Rafi, 11/16/2019
S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I love everything about the interior of the Atlas, we got the S since we didn’t really care about anything else but putting the key in and go. It’s a 4 cylinder with turbo, I was hoping that being 4 cylinder you’d have better gas mileage but we rarely do 250-260. Super comfortable and spacious but I think once the lease is over, we are trading it in for another brand.

SAFE GAS

Vilato, 01/25/2020
SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

If you believe that the 4-cylinder engine is small, drive the Atlas with mechanical change and be surprised at the power of its engine, for traffic in our cities is more than enough.

Smooth ride

Tlcfm414, 02/01/2020
V6 SE w/Technology R-Line 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Heavy, well built great looking vehicle for the price.

My Wife's Atlas

Linda Williams, 02/04/2020
V6 SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is a very nice SUV. It has all the goods of a much more expensive auto yet has the budget price to make many buyers happy.

Nice truck but missing some important extras

Elizabeth, 03/04/2019
V6 SE 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

To me this truck is very, very basic. It is lacking what other cars come standard with. Other than that, its a nice truck

51050