2019 Volkswagen Atlas Consumer Reviews

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Luxury & Sport on a smaller budget

Michelle B, 12/31/2019
V6 SE 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I fell in love with this car. The luxury feel, the sporty options for speed & auto transmission availability with a sweet budget changed my interests from Ford & my lineage with Honda. It handles great in the snow with the 4motion. I can fit 6 other people too! Beautiful lines, simple & sexy. I feel different in this vehicle compared to what I was driving before! Many thoughtful considerations in this SUV. And the 2019 still has 6yr/72mile bumper to bumper warranty! Awesome!

Great value

Bill, 07/26/2019
SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I shopped Honda Passport, Ford Explorer, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Toyota Highlander and the VW Atlas is the best overall package. The Atlas 2.0 T handles very well and has above average pickup for such a small displacement engine. I also feel the Atlas has a great ride when compared to the competition. Also, the interior layout and roominess is awesome for my family of four we fit very comfortably in the Atlas. No real complaints about the vehicle so far!

Sel premium

adolph hissler, 07/11/2019
V6 SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Can’t imagine wasting money on more “premium” brand. Has all the features, tech and quality of a suv costing $20k more. Big, roomy and quick. Find a better 3 row, please let me know.

Ad
2020 Volkswagen Atlas S
Select Color:

Traded my 7 series for this

Kelley, 05/12/2019
V6 SEL R-Line 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

So much room, I feel safe, no blind spots, love the space comfort and the ride. Love the cameras..so clear

Days new it almost killed us - manufacturer defect

MT, 12/01/2019
V6 SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Purchased brand new for 3rd row/storage within the class and the peace of mind of a 72k warranty. On the first tank of gas within days, not weeks of ownership, we experienced a life threatening catastrophic transmission and throttle failure while attempting to cross lanes and merge into 65 MPH traffic. The car’s transmission went into emergency mode and while attempting to move us to safety, the vehicle exceeded 5500 RPM trying to shift into 2nd gear at a painstaking sub 20MPH speed. We avoided a life threatening collision despite the surrounding 65MPH heavy traffic and for that we are thankful. Volkswagen admitted the faulty manufacturing and attempted to repair. For obvious reasons, we are not interested in placing our lives in danger again by driving this vehicle. It is notable that VW has also changed their warranty for 2020 year to be 48,000 verses the 72,000 on model years 2019 and earlier. Buyer beware. VW’s quality must be called into question as the depth and scope of the emissions scandals and a very significant reduction to the fleet wide warranty program for the 2020 model year seem indicative of larger issues within VW.

Low gear shifting is abnormal

None, 11/19/2019
V6 SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought mine yesterday. The gear shifting from first to second and second to third is abnormal. Brought it to the dealership tonight for inspection and they said that clunky shifting is normal for the Atlas. They test drove it and said it’s expected performance to have those jerky shifts. So if you don’t mind that, pretty good car otherwise. If you like your car to have a normal smooth gear shift in low gears, this vehicle is not for you.

Atlas for the family

Mike, 01/01/2020
V6 SE w/Technology 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Traded in my Audi A4 when it became apparent that 2 car seats rendered the A4 almost useless. After shopping around and doing some research, settled on the the 2019, SE 4 Motion/w tech. Power lift gate was something I really wanted and only comes on the tech version. I was aiming towards a 2018 base model, but VW convinced up-gaging in year and trim was worth it. Bought CPO with 15k miles which takes warranty out to 2026. Considered Telliuride and Highlander, but Atlas beat out on total value. My first SUV and I’m very happy with it so far!

Car has a design flaw

Pavan, 06/09/2019
V6 SE w/Technology R-Line 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I got this car 3 months ago and it has been having Air condition issues and Transmission issues. Car has been at the dealership multiple times and it has no fix yet. Please don’t buy this car until it get’s reliable

Great everyday SUV

CP, 03/12/2019
V6 SE w/Technology 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

It’s capable as minivan, but solid and safe as SUV. As you like or not gas milage its not bad if you have a v6 as 3.6 liters, you just have to get a soft acceleration and wouldn’t be different problem if you drive an electric car. Space is impressive capable almost like a suburban but its not that expensive V8. Safety seems to do well if you look the test I hope don’t have to deal with it but all the time the warning and break assistance save me from distractions or blind spots like reverse manuver Stop the car completely to avoid a collision. Suspension would be my only concern, as the only way to manage it, is from a car shop. If to soft will make not good drive in freeway and if too tight will effect city comfort drive.... I guess thats y the other suv lux have airsodt options where trow away all the budget thing! Hopefully they will get better. Only regret I ddnt get 4 motion would more be stable acceleration and better wearing of tires where must rotate every 5k. Front speaning very easy if you are in the rush. If you are in the budget I would suggest se v6 4 motion. Fake leather seats very fragile.

Atlases hold the whole world up

Paz, 06/18/2019
V6 S 4MOTION 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I can't say enough about my experience at Gene Messer Volkswagen. My husband and I were driving back home to Houston from a camping trip in Arizona and our Honda CR-V was too small to carry all our equipment and our children still fit comfortably. We stopped for the night in Lubbock and while driving around we saw their Atlases and decided to take a look. They have so much more room! We never planned on buying a new car at that time but it was just too good a deal to pass up! The salesman, Joshua, knew all about them and the cool features VW has made them with. We had such a fun time with him on the test drive, my husband is a kidder and likes to poke fun at people, but Joshua was giving as good as he got! If you ever find yourself looking for a vehicle definitely check this place out. I can see up driving back here from Houston for future business, they are that good!

12345...6