Used 2010 Suzuki Kizashi Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Suzuki Kizashi Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Kizashi model:

Wish I could buy a new one
By Middle-age Dad

2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the Kizashi for my teen because of the great crash test ratings and the safety of awd. That was 20k ago and now at 110k it is my favorite car to drive.
Overall: It’s very smooth, great in turns, awd tackles snow well (with the right tires of course) and has room for a family of four. Truth be told, I grab the car and give my teen the minivan on weekends if she is too slow to get started.
Comfort: Contoured memory seats, rear a/c vents, quiet
Power: Decent but nothing exciting which fits my middle-aged needs; Braking is powerful and very safe
Downsides: CVT saps the power on takeoff and the CVT whine concerns me for longevity but there is a TSB to help that a bit; paint chips easily but it’s older now anyway; a trustworthy Suzuki repair facility is an hour away and parts are tough to come by.

Overall, this is a great car that I would consider new if possible.

I got the lemon I guess.
By Darlene Wright

2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I love the car, but once it hit 120K, I called the dealer and was told this has a timing chain not a belt and not to worry about changing it. 3 weeks later my chain slipped and now I need a new motor. Its going to run me 2700.00 to replace the motor, or 2500.00 to fix it. People need to know these have chains, but the flaw is the tention part that keeps in correctly goes out.. and Boom, no more car.

What will I do in 10 yrs?!!!
By robmerz

2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought a slightly used Kizashi SLS, with 21,000 miles. I traded in a 2009 Suzuki SX-4, which I had outgrown. I test drove the 2013, and can't really tell a difference from the older models. The car is amazing, and has every bell and whistle you could possibly want. I needed AWD vehicle, and can't afford a Audi, and didn't want a crossover. I did look at Subaru, and looked at a few crossovers, but this was by far the best car for the $. I actually look forward to my drive home! Open the sunroof, crank up the Rockford Fosgate sound system, and watch the time melt away!!!
My biggest dilemma is now, how am I going to get a new Suzuki in 10 years when this finally outlives it usefulness.

the Rockford-Fosgate sound system is awesome! my car has all the extras- rain activated wipers, auto on lights, paddle shifters, memory seats, sunroof. This car is so loaded for so little cost.. It drives like a dream, and after getting used t the CVT, has a decent acceleration. The ride is a cross between sport tuned and luxury. It handles turns well, but isn't too stiff. People have complained about the mpg, but try finding anything with AWD that does better. I got well over 30mpg highway on a trip from Pittsburgh to Buffalo, and made the whole trip ,to and from,on 1 tank of gas! The only thing the newer models have is gps, which I prefer my unit anyways.

the only suggestion I can make is...Suzuki, please come back!!!

Extremely Safe and fun to drive
By jbl4445

2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We bought this car for our very responsible 17 year old son.
It looks great, got good gas mileage and was fun to drive.
As boys do, he got in a crash, a head on collison.
The car was totalled, and so was the other TRUCK.
My son walked out of that car with only minor burns where the air bag hit his arms.
Heard the safety ratings were good but didn't realize just how good!
Thank you for building such a safe car Suzuki.

A Quality Ride at a Quality Price
By edwardc19

2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The Kizashi is a nice balance of sport and practicality. It has an intuitive and fast brake system, nice sturdy construction, push to start, and sleek look in/out. The acceleration could be more powerful. I live in a city full of hills and sometimes the car just doesn't fly through them, but the ride is solid. Low interior noise, comfortable seating both in front and back, and good gas mileage. Ipod dock is a little poor and would of preferred an aux jack for easy mp3 access. I love the dash and beautiful red back lighting on the stereo. This car doesn't read high end luxury, but its a strong contender to beat Honda Accord and VW Passat.

The dash has a very pleasant layout and the car has some smart touches like leather steering wheel and memory foam seats. Ipod deck is nice, but it won't pair with my Droid X which is disappointing, but you if you have the bluetooth connectivity in your model then you wont have a problem.

Needs a little more power in stop and go traffic. The ride tends to be rougher going up steep hills and accelerating in heavy traffic. Aux jack for the stereo. The ability to unlock all doors when pushing driver side door lock.