Used 2004 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews

Used VUE for Sale
Select your model:
12345...90

Pros
Cons

Runs good has minor issues

Sam, 01/13/2017
AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm giving this review because even though this is an older car there are still a few out there. It was once said this has a Honda engine and transmission but everything else is Saturn (GM), I find that to be true. Mine is at around 160,000 miles and still running strong. That being said I have replaced the AC 3 times, one of my wheel bearings has been replaced, the plastic near the back door fell off but I screwed it back on because it's plastic. The seat on the driver's side has a tear in it from getting in and out of the car and the heater for this driver seat does not work. The blinker works most of the time but when it doesn't I need to wiggle the hazard light button. Once we took this car to the drive-in and in order to have the car on without lights we needed to turn it off pull the e-brake turn it back on but then we also needed to remove the interior lights in the front which broke the plastic cover. The rear-view mirror is loose so I need to readjust it when I go over a heavy bump, the paint on the plastic Dash inside the car is peeling off and the defroster on the back window is not working anymore. But hey it's got a Honda engine and transmission so with a roll of duct tape I might be able to go for a while still.

1st Saturn and loving it!

vue5531, 01/01/2011

I bought my Vue in 2008 and it's 2011 and I have not had a single problem with it. The carfax was clean. Its roomy, zippy, and pretty quiet. Ive read mostly negative reviews about this car and I don't see what their talking about. I must have gotten lucky. The only thing I had to do was replace the brakes.

Hood Latch Cable

Complaint, 01/28/2010

I have had good service from my Saturn Vue but the Hood Latch Cable is stretched. Which I see has happened to other Vues form 2004 to 2009. There are complaint on the internet. The should be a Recall.

I must be lucky

Slick, 04/23/2008

I was surprised to read so many negative reviews about the Vue both from owners and the press. Bought new (w/ heavy incentives) for <$20k & owned for 4 years. No service issues at all, other than rear suspension recall. I avg. 20 mpg city & 26-28 mpg hwy. Pros: crisp exterior styling, 17" wheels, roomy/comfortable interior, agile handling, excellent power, dent- resistant polymer panels, great fuel economy, buttery-smooth Honda engine/transmission Cons: cheap-looking interior, wind/road noise, sometimes bouncy ride, a few squeaks & rattles, lots of nooks & crannies make washing a pain All in all, it's been a great car nimble yet roomy, fun-to-drive, and economical.

Sick of it.

pete ruc, 11/07/2015
Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this vue for 7 years and put a 110000 miles on it, it has 165 k now. It runs ok, but I spend a lot of money to keep it on the road. Transmission, 5 speed manual replaced once with a used one 1000, slave cylinder , clutch and shifting linkage replaced once $1000, ac $550, different suspension parts 1000 + and it's still not right, interior falls apart, electrical issues with instrument cluster. Paint just falls off this car on the plastic body panals. Breaks are crap, calipers freeze up ruining rotors. Road noise, leaks from moonroof, and forget about keeping the seats or carpet clean water will stain them. Comfort ? Put a pillow behind your back on long drives or you will be hurting. I wanna get rid of it but it runs still ok, timing chain makes noise on start up but it has been like that for 4 years or so. Parts are cheap to buy but they are cheap quality and don't last. The best thing about this vue is the cargo room and mpg, 21 to 27. I always bought us made cars ford's dodge and lots of gm. Saturn, Pontiacs and chevys and this one cost me the most to own. The resale value sucs, and after putting all that $ in tu it it's not worth to sell it just yet. It was cheap to buy but no pleasure drivin it at all.

12345...90