Used 2010 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Xterra for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Solid SUV...worth a look

Anonymous, 12/08/2010

The Xterra is a true off-road capable SUV. We have about 6k miles on ours and it's been great so far. We bought the Xterra because we wanted a true 4wd that could eventually take the place of my aging Toyota Tacoma. We drove a lot of vehicles before deciding on the Xterra. No regrets. Pros- It's fun to drive and well appointed. The V6 is very powerful. Good size, not too big or too small. Cons- It's not fuel efficient. My guess is that 20 mpg is the best you can expect on the hwy, 15 in the city. Interior plastics scratch easily which is a little annoying.

Solid Versatile Truck for a Good Price

dallas70, 10/01/2014
S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned for over 4 years and 52000 miles before trading in last year. Rock solid performance and reliability... I wish I had kept it. I'd say it provides more capability and livability for the price than just about any other 4x4 SUV. I paid $23,800 after rebates and I think the only area of the Xterra that reflects the bargain price is some of the interior parts (seat material, hard plastics, cargo area plastic not as tough as I'd like). We made many family trips and commutes with this SUV in all conditions and the only thing I would have done differently is go for the nicer PRO4X model.

Very Happy with My Xterra

xterras, 11/09/2010

Wanted an SUV that's powerful, sturdy with reasonable off road capacities. Picked X due to its fair pricing, powerful engine(VQ), solid BoF construction, great outward visibility & the cute look. Have put 5K miles on it so far, incl. a 2500 mile trip in 1 week. Really impressed with the acceleration. Great handling. Tight turn radius. Perfect size for a single guy. I prefer firm seats and find X's very comfortable. Like the high seating position, feel confident. High ground clearance, no need for ramps when changing oil. I felt far less tired driving the X for a full day, than diving a civic (my previous car). Manual is not clear about gas octane, so I use #89 since the engine is VQ.

Good Buy

ficklest, 09/25/2011

I purchased the Xterra because I wanted the, up-high road view, safety and comfort of an SUV, but didn't want to spend over $30K. Also, the style of the X has always turned my head; I got the gun metal gray - great looking vehicle. So, I got exactly what I wanted. Nothing fancy about the X, but I have what I need, but no toys. Toys are nice. I miss them, but don't need them. I commute 104 miles per day and find the X to be a comfortable ride - not rough as so many have said. I'm getting 21 MPG on a stop-and-go highway ride - much better than I expected. With gas prices on the rise, I will most likely go back to a small, gas efficient vehicle next purchase, but I am enjoying the X.

Great Value on and Off Road

xterraoffroad, 09/27/2013

I went from a Frontier to upgrading to the Xterra Off Road and WOW. This vehicle is an incredible performer on and off road. It's filled with everything you need like hill-descent assist, locking diffs, 4X4, lots of space and cargo hold, and nothing you don't. The seats fold completely flat, the roof rack has plenty of room for the kayaks, and the awesome 4.0 V6 has more than enough power to tow my 26 ft sailboat. I can't say enough about how smooth this truck rides and how well it conquers terrain off road. Surprisingly, I have been averaging 20mpg. I thought I would have done much worse, but it just makes this rig that much sweeter. Nissan's 4.0L is indestructible. Highly recommend!

Love it

sockeye, 10/04/2010

I bought this vehicle wanting to have a multipurpose vehicle that could also pull a boat. I looked at the CRV, ford escape, Rav4, 4runner. The first 3 really couldn't do the job of pulling a boat and are really more of a car dressed as an SUV. The 4 runner is nice, but too big to also have in the city and also expensive. So far the Xterra has been perfect. I have taken it on and off road many times and it handles great. Definitely more of a truck ride, but on any half decent road it feels just like any other modern vehicle.

Great Vehicle

ShadowFox, 11/06/2009

This vehicle is amazing. Since I purchased the Off Road version, I figured I was going to compromise ride quality and overall comfort. Nothing could be further from the truth. The ride quality is surprisingly comfortable, the seats sit well, and the Rockford Fosgate system kicks. The utility features of the vehicle are some of the best in the market. I've even done a little of my own testing off road. This thing is amazing in the dirt and rocks. The 4LO and locking rear differential are easy to use and get you out of just about anything. Engine performance is impressive for an SUV. The V6 is plenty powerful, quiet and buttery smooth. I can't say enough good things about this vehicle.

Love My Xterra

BStanky, 12/07/2009

I had my eye on the Xterra after buying an Altima for my wife last year. This year I traded in my old Explorer and after considering the smaller Escape, I drove over to the Nissan dealership and am glad I did. I love this vehicle. The performance from the 4.0L 6cyl engine is superb. The ride is smooth thanks to the 17" wheels and tires, comfortable beyond belief. I wish fuel economy was better, but I am getting 20 MPGs. As the Edmund's model review notes, the brakes take a little getting use to as they are a bit mushy. I love the Rockford/Fosgate audio system with XM, 6CD disk, 9 speakers and blue tooth. This is a very well built vehicle, no rattles or squeaks, and a pure joy to drive.

2010 xterra

hondaf1, 04/03/2010

I really dont know what everyone is talking about. This truck does not have a rough ride quality. Trans shifts smoothly and overall first impressions are great

I was wrong

Josh, 05/25/2010

I wrote a poor review on my new off road X back in December. I had a couple of rattles but Nissan fixed them. The rattles in the dash are only when it was cold and the dealer came through. The more I drive my X the more I love it. The power of the v6 is great and you really get use to the stiff ride. It actually handles great for a truck and very sporty. Overall a great vehicle. I have to admit me first impressions were way off. I really enjoy my x and it was good choice.

51050