Used 2006 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews

Used Titan for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

MIXED Feelings??

guyhazard, 05/31/2012
SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

There are things about this Truck I love and things I hate. The performance as far as road handeling and power are Great, this truck moves when you put your foot in it! stability steering all good even at high speed. Off Road is very poor, Handeling is rough, I have had to replace sway bar mounts 5 times the last time with a beefed up aftermarket kit and instead of the joints breaking the whole sway bar broke off. multiple broken u joints, you might think im beating this truck to death, this is simple offroad washbed driving not trail running, jumping crazieness like I used to do in my Silverado. Paint is completely faded in roof, hood and wheel wells and ive hand waxed it 4 times a year .

3 year update

Tiny, 08/11/2008
LE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

It's coming up to 3 yrs since I bought my Titan. The cabin is very comfy, seats are soft, leg room all around is fantastic. Loads of power from the big V8, the truck is quiet with a decent sound system and has lots of fun toys like the bluetooth and an ipod connect. It rides very well for big a truck, easy over the bumps but feels very rugged at the same time. Definitely underrated in the truck segment. I just turned 50,000 miles with ZERO problems. I'm just now looking at purchasing new tires... GREAT TRUCK

Small Mistakes, Are Big

Rey Vega, 01/12/2009
SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The windshield is a major small mistake. The wipers can not keep up with the snow and ice, plus they rip on icy windshield. The defroster is too small for the size of the windshield, and cannot keep the ice off. Also only the driver's side has a door key lock. This becomes a problem when there is a sheet of ice over the door, and only one door with a key lock. There is also a problem with all the door windows taking in water and/or ice and freezing, not to mention rusting from the inside out. Why are there metal air valve steams on the tires? They break! Other than that, mileage is not what is claimed.

Still An Awesome Truck After 3 Years

Allan, 01/19/2009
SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have used the truck for a variety of purposes including towing a travel trailer, offroading, commuting at times, traveling long highway distances, hauling building materials, etc. I haven't had any problems other than two factory recalls. One for the wiring harness at the back doors and the other for an A/C related component. The truck responds flawlessly to all of my needs and above all it feels like a truck, not a living room on wheels. Exactly what I wanted in this type of vehicle. Handling is very good and stable but need to be cautious around sharp curves because of higher 4x4 centre of gravity. Poor gas mileage. Don't drive it every day & can live with higher gas consumption.

Love and Hate

Al P., 11/04/2009
SE FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased the truck in April 2006 and since then have had a love/hate relationship with it. The power, towing and off-road capability are what I admire the most about this '06 Titan. There's plenty of room in the cab with seats supportive enough not to tire me out on 300+ mile drives. The quality of materials used inside have a cheap look and feel. Great fosgate sound system. Here's what I dislike about the truck. Factory tires wore out after one season, all brake components worn out after 10000 miles, can't replace relay switches singly: have to replace entire integrated power distribution module, alternator burned out at 28000 miles, some stitching coming undone on bucket seat.

Pleased with the Titan

J CHASE, 05/22/2006
XE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I did my background before buying. I'm happy with the vehicle. Great power. I' having better results with gas mileage that has been reported. Try synthetic oil, mobile1. I get 15.0 In town and 19.7 On the highway. This is with about 3600 miles on the truck. Quiet ride. I also have a fiber glass topper which helps with the mileage.

I've owned the rest. now I got the BEST

smoke20, 07/26/2006
SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

When I went looking for a new truck, I decided I needed a crew cab because of my kids. Well being a die hard GMC person thats where I went 1st. Prices for a 2 wheel drive four door were crazy!!! To make a long story short I tried every full size truck on the market. I was about to purchase a 2006 dodge with a hemi, when a friend suggested nissan. I was not looking for a Japanese vehicle I told him. Well after he convinced me to test drive a TITAN I bought the truck the same day. My deep water blue TITAN is the best truck I have ever owned Nissan got this one right!

Nissan Built Tough

Santa fe high Demons, 03/08/2006
SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This Truck is awesome it's reliable and very confortable, it's a tough truck for everything, it's fuel economy is great i got 26 gallons to a mile from the truck on the highway and it said i was only able to get 20 but i got 26. its good on gas and it's built like the old pick up trucks. Nissan is making a sprint to the top of trucks.

I love my truck

kelly, 04/17/2006
SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We love our new Nissan Titan. It is the best purchase we made. Out of all the cars and trucks we have owned, this is the best.

6 month review.

Spider8408, 07/18/2006
SE FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Most people review a vehicle right after they buy it. I decided to wait until 6 month time period. I have 9,000 miles on her. Absolutely love it. Gas is what I expected, high 15 average. This truck has plenty of power to spare, head-turning good looks, and the ride is great. It has to be the most comfortable vehicle for long trips. I regularly pull a 5,500lb boat that you can't even tell is there. I've only had to see the dealer once and that was for a tire rotation and a passenger seat squeak. Other than that this truck has been solid, reliable and everything that I expected when I bought it. Thanks to edmunds I got a great deal on it. Sticker 33,6 bought 27,7 after TMV + rebates

12345...15