Used 2006 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews

Used Titan for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Unreliable

chuckles65, 03/20/2015
SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2006 used in 2011 with 75K miles. Since then it needed new e-brake lines, front coils (broken), front disks, new exhaust (not surprising), hesitated when cold, and repairs for rear hub gaskets, ball joints, etc. to the tune of 7K in repairs. Rarely got better than 10 MPG around town. I put less that 20K on this in 3 years. Good looking, well laid-out truck, but not reliable.

Best Truck I Have Ever Bought

Roadturtle, 12/14/2006
LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

POWER POWER POWER I love this Nissan Titan. It has everything you could possible want in a 4x4 truck. Nissan did everything right. I have owned all of the others. Hey Ford, Chevy, Dodge, and Toyota. You are falling way behind Copy this truck. It is the best. If you drive it You WILL buy it.

Not reliable

john_jt, 07/11/2013
SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Owned this truck for 7 years and had many problems with it. There were also many recalls. Looks nice but not very tough. Nissan also did not help me out when needed. I was a Nissan owner for 20 years (Pathfinder & Exterra before the Titan) but because of Nissan not caring about my problems I have now switched to Toyota.

good choice

SP60, 12/02/2006
LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

i traded in an F-150 for my titan. many options on my titan were not even available on the 150. this truck has excellent power for towing an 8300 lb boat. great stereo system and tons of room in the back seat. best truck i have owned!

Impressed

Impressed, 10/13/2008
SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 06 Titan from the original owner who put 88,000 miles on it in 28 months. At first, I was hesitant to buy a high mileage 2 year old truck but after having it throughly inspected, I was more than confident in it's condition. Since day one of ownership, I have felt like a teenager with his first car. This truck is built with looks, reliability and POWER. I love the power rear window, dash, room and abundant storage. I recently added a 3 inch lift and dual exhaust. Grown men gather around my truck to gawk at it and listen to the roar of the engine. I plan on owning this truck forever. The engine is a little thirsty but with a V8, what do you expect? Buy this truck, it is worth it!

Best Purchase Ever

mjdevries, 02/25/2009
SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I had been looking at the titans ever since their debut in 04. We finally found a great price on an 06 SE KC 4x2. All around fantastic performer. Comfortable ride quality. though the stock drivetrain is excellent, I decided to add an intake, exhaust, headers, throttle body spacer, and programmer and WOW!!! My truck eats HEMIs for breakfast! everyone knows when I am coming down the street. This truck looks as great as it runs. I tow occasionally and it does it with no problems at all. It is like there is nothing behind me. We were so impressed with Nissan for this truck that we decided to purchase an 08 pathfinder as well. Now I don't have to fight my wife to drive my truck

This Truck Rocks!!!

Rob, 12/28/2005
LE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Flat out the best truck in its class. All of the goodies of a loaded truck with great styling and absolutely fun to drive.

2006 Titan

nortini, 01/08/2007
LE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We traded our 2003 Toyota Tundra for the Titan. While the dependability of the Tundra was excellent, the Titan has a more luxurious interior and the ride is much smoother. Not much mileage on the Titan a yet , but no problems to date.

The Perfect Year of the TITAN

BRACEYOSELF777, 12/26/2006
XE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2006 base XE model TITAN with the Big Tow package. By far, this truck has had no problems. The previous years-like 04 rotor warping, or first year bugs- were not found in this truck. 27,000 miles and counting, this truck has had zero problems! The acceleration, handling, and reliability show that Nissan did their homework on this truck and broke the barrier of the 1/2 ton rut the Big Three have traditionally made. Styling keeps the truck distinct, 5 speed tranny knows which gear to shift to, the 5.6L V8 with its underrated 305hp gives a Hemi a kick in the pants, and the simplicity inside the truck doesn't make the truck boring-but not over done.

Best Truck

Rafal Zep, 08/12/2006
LE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Best Truck off and on road. Poor Hemi drivers have too smell my dust