Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Gentleman's Hotrod
By John H

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

The w209 clk55 amg is rather rare in the USA with app 1500 imported from 2003-2005 having been replaced in 2006 by the clk63 amg, a somewhat more problematic engine than the very robust m113 5.5 liter found in the w209. This car was developed in the early years of AMG's assimilation into the MB corporate structure and represents a very conservative, yet comprehensive high performance vehicle which, in my case, has given me a high mileage(128k miles) barnstormer that burns zero oil....not a puff of smoke on start up!! Returning home after my first drive after a fluids change and initial sorting, I remarked to my S.O., "Well I have another car the boys won't be allowed to drive!". This car is Quick!!! Another benefit is the beautiful design of the pillarless coupe which gives a light, airy feeling to the car when all the windows are open. I love this car and plan to keep it forever. My only gripe is the moonroof which does not fully retract.

lots of bang for your $$$
By rick

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

awful resale value and interest...

future classic!
By Matt

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The 430s are already becoming collectible with classic style and Mercedes Benz quality that is timeless. Love the cars and will keep mine for many years in the future. I do believe they will continue to increase in value as some of the other 4 seat MB convertibles have (280SE). Get yours now before they become unattainable! Car has been and continues to be a super dependable car. A great summer cruiser and comfortable to drive. Wow what can I say, still a beautiful classic that never goes out of style.

I love my clk 430 cabriolet
By Hugo

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted a convertible with a backseat. I almost bought a BMW 645 / 650 cabrio used, but found this low miles beauty for almost half the price at the same dealership. No regrets!

Great Car
By VJR

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car from a coworker. It has been wonderful from the beginning (including when my coworker owned it). Because I didn't purchase it new it isn't equipped the way I would. e.g., I would want navigation and rear backup sensors. But I've had very few mechanical issues and have definitely enjoyed ownership.

Dashboard layout, strong a/c, power convertible top, top up cruising is like a coupe, great heated seats, 'rest' a/c.

Feel 'something' in the handling, I think from the staggered tire setup; rides too low so scraping front air dam is tough to avoid; power top must be manually initiated (prefer one button operation), would like 2 small windows in the top (by rear seats) to reduce blind spot when top is up.