Used 1999 Lexus RX 300 Consumer Reviews

Used RX 300 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

A joy to own

Vssc400, 01/26/2005
4dr SUV AWD

Bought with 71k on odo. now 103k on the odo. I decided to buy the RX 300 AWD w/LSD because I have been a happy owner of a 92 SC 400 and it was such a pleasure to own so buying the RX 300 was a no-brainer choice for me. My car pool guy who has a 2000 Grand Cherokee LTD w/40k miles who made fun of me drove it for a week and 3 weeks later he sold the Cherokee and bought a 99 RX 300 AWD. I didn't like some of the remote key functions and the dealer re-programmed the CBEST settings for and washed the car for free (I didn't even buy the car or serviced it from them). Awesome performance on snow, ice, hills. I can't believe a 1st year of a new model lineup could be this good.

Excellent Used Car

Lexus Jay, 07/12/2005
4dr SUV AWD

I have owned the vehicle for about a month, and have been impressed with how smooth it handles, how peppy the engine is, and how comfortable the interior is. Many luxury / convenience features make this an excellent choice for a used vehicle.

Don't Keep for Long

Nikki, 11/30/2007
4dr SUV AWD

The car is good as long as you get rid of it after the 5th year. I had to purchase a new transmission during the 6th year and 2 new cylinders.

Stay away

Eddie Hairr, 12/23/2009
4dr SUV AWD

I love Lexus and currently own two. However, the RX has been very unreliable and left us stranded on vacation two summers in a row. I purchased the vehicle with 48K miles and didn't expect any problems; however, that was short lived. Everything from electrical issues to fuel system issues has plagued the vehicle. In the last two years alone, the maintenance costs have exceeded $6K. I know, I must be an idiot for keeping it this long. The longer I try to keep the vehicle to receive a return for the maintenance costs, the more it burns my wallet. Believe it or not, the vehicle is 10 years old, very well maintained and doesn't even have 100K miles yet. The repair costs far exceed the miles driven.

Mobile money pit

Foggy, 10/25/2010
4dr SUV AWD

This is a terrible car. I bought a Lexus for the reliability, but spent a fortune on repairs. Air Compressor, Transmission, would be the 2 biggies. Check the lexus owner website about the complaints on this model. I was lucky that the tranny went out at 145,000. My Compressor went out at 59k. Transfer case died at 185k.

12345...18