Used 1999 Lexus RX 300 Consumer Reviews

Used RX 300 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

My Rx Rocks

Jeff, 10/29/2008
4dr SUV AWD

Ok I got a 99 2 months ago. It's got 130,000 miles. Love it. Great power. Lots of options. Seat is worn from last owner pretty bad, drives great. Turning radius is fine. Gas could be better but oh well my last car was a Saturn. I had to tint the front windows to match the rest of the car and I dropped a couple of subwoofers in to juice up the radio. The deck was unchangable which kinda stinks. It's got a stock Nakamichi stereo tho. I bet in 99 this was the hottest car out.

Great Vehicle for a Great Price!

Satisfied, 12/31/2008
4dr SUV AWD

The vehicle was purchased in 2003 with 89k miles. It now has 150k miles and still runs like a champ. Keeping the regular maintenance, I expect another 150k miles. Hope to give the car to my one year old daughter when she's of age. It's extremely reliable in going up and down Stevens and Snoqualmie Passes in Washington. The AWD allows for great traction even in the most extreme cases, superb handling in inclement weather. The car has needed a new starter, battery, and minor. Belts and plugs were changed at suggested intervals. No major repairs or maintenance. I would recommend maintaining the car yourself, the dealership is just too expensive and not necessary.

My first Lexus

sp8891, 02/03/2003
4dr SUV

I bought this used with 50,000 miles...have put on 10, 000 since. Great ride, luxury feel, but still functional. I especially like that it's lower to the ground to get into but high enough to see the road ahead clearly. I drove an Infiniti Q45 before this one, and was sure I would miss it, but I am happier with this small SUV and would buy it again.

Lexus RX300

Leanne, 06/24/2005
4dr SUV AWD

I bought my Lexus when it was 3 years old. I don't like to buy new cars because you lose so much money on them, I prefer certified used cars. The only problem I've had with this car is that the air conditioning went out after I'd had it a year but it was covered by the extended warranty. Otherwise it's been a great car. I like the way it looks and it feels very solid on the road in all kinds of weather. One criticism of the inside design is there is no in-dash CD player but this is fixed with later models

Love my RX300 - to sell? or not to sell?

Rob Field, 10/03/2004
4dr SUV AWD

I bought this vehicle for my wife 2 years ago. I am the second owner. I have had Jeep's -- Driving in the snow is better then my Jeep. I am debating whether to sell and buy the Mercedes that I have wanted or stick with this most reliable machine. With 64K mil it's like it will go 200K+ It's been such a tough decision. HELP! It was my wife's now it's mine. It's so nice and so reliable! Do I realy want a 2000 E320 or keep this ???!!! Great Car!

12345...18