Used 2013 Lexus ES 300h Consumer Reviews

Used ES 300h for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

All I expected but . . .

selkirk2, 08/06/2013
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Owned my ES300h for seven year and have enjoyed almost everything about the car. It is perfect, for me, except that the fuel consumption (mainly in town), is disappointing especially in winter. Probably biggest irritation is the GPS - only one voice available and that not to my liking; and it seldom understands my (English) accent! The auto lights-on takes too long to be used safely - I am told that is the way it is with Toyota - Bad - not safe IMHO. Why does cruise cut out at 40 K? Would be nice if it went down to zero? Find the radio a challenge and the CD player (still have them) not great. Winter brings on occasional bad smells which I control by putting air flow to maximum for five minutes. Lexus says theay are aware of the problem but have no fix. Otherwise, nice car. Happy camper I am. Would I buy Hybrid again? NO because I do not do enough mileage. Doubt I would purchase another Lexus; would certainly look at the alternatives Would I buy electric. NO, understand battery replacement will be expensive

My wife's luxury ride is better than expected!

Peter, 06/18/2016
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This 2013 300h is a great luxury car. My other car is a Porsche Twin Turbo, and yes the 300 h is only a 8 second car to 60 and the Twin Turbo is a 4sec car, but the 300h really handled well in sport mode on a trip up the Pacific Coast Highway. It is a great highway cruiser, has averaged 37 plus mpg over the 25000 miles we have driven it and does everything you could ask of a great family sedan! Service and maintenance have been very low, virtually nothing. Knowing both what I have learned about Lexus and Toyota, I would have bought the Toyota Avalon hybrid, as the 300h and the Avalon were jointly developed and the drive trains are identical! The Avalon is slightly less expensive and more importantly, the service on the Avalon is free, whereas ou pay for the Lexus service after the first free service!!! Our 300h now has 33,600 miles and is still averaging 37 mpg! We cannot find anything wrong with the car other than the fact that the rear seat back doesn’t fold down so that more luggage or longer items might be carried in the trunk! We do take the vehicle to the local Toyota dealer for oil changes only because the same service at the Lexus dealership costs more and the dealership is 50 miles away. Other than the aforementioned oil changes and checks,we haven’t spent a penny on the vehicle! Will put a new set of “low rolling resistance” tires in roughly another 5000 miles. Simply a great family sedan!!!

Lexus ES300h

Steve Milender, 12/12/2016
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We had never considered the purchase of a ES300h, and had planned to purchase a ES350 which we owned previously. Due to the price and value of the ES30h, we purchased the Hybrid and have been pleased with the excellent gas mileage and smooth and quiet ride. An EXCELLENT automobile!!

Two Lexus ES300h Great gas mileage

steising, 10/20/2013
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought 2 ES300h hybrids in December 2012. My wife and I drive them to work every day. I keep meticulous records and since the first day I bought the cars I get an actual 40.1 mpg and my wife gets 36 mpg. I get better gas mileage in the city than on the highway. The last two months I have been getting about 45.5 mpg and my has been getting 38.5. We love this car. We traded in 2011 ES350 and 2011 RX450's. We went from 25 mpg in the ES and 17 mpg with premium gas in the RX. I read a review for the ES300h 2014 where the person said they were getting 25 mpg. They must drive poorly as I drive 5 miles over the speed limit everywhere I go and I get the mpg on the sticker.

After 4 years, finally found the car we wanted...

mdsofky, 11/27/2012
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I had been looking for four years to replace our 12 year old Honda Accord EX (which we loved and still runs well). We started casually looking on our anniversary weekend four years ago, but wanted lots of tech, and options that wouldn't be outdated soon. Wanted Bluetooth (phone and audio), blind-side detection, apps (Pandora, etc.), hybrid technology for good gas mileage (that didn't "feel" or look like traditional hybrid), nice quality, etc. We had looked at a Ford Fusion, Honda Accord (although I know there is not a hybrid yet), Buick Regal, Buick Verano (like our Buick Enclave a lot so were considering other Buicks). Ended up test driving ES300h and knew this was the one.

12345...7