Used 2012 Lexus CT 200h Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used CT 200h for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Stylish well built car, not suitable for families!

Richard Waldron, 03/02/2015
Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had this car almost 3 years now, just reached the 30k mark. It is a great little car with good gas savings. We seem to average about 40-45 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving. I really only have 2 complaints.. 1. It is very low. So low I can not drive it up my drive without scrapping the bottom. So I have to park it on the street. 2. It is great for 1-2 people, but the back is too small for adults. With a baby on the way we will have to trade it in. Definitely no room for a stroller in the trunk! Trunk can not even fit a regular size suitcase. Tip: go to Toyota not Lexus for any servicing. A major Lexus service costs around $750. Toyota charge $200 for exactly the same service

Outstanding Car

megaman4, 02/11/2012
Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We had the car for over two weeks now, what a great vehicle. The gas mileage is outstanding, amazing how little it costs to fill this car up and how far you get on a full tank. Moving form a larger vehicle, it does take some time to get used to. Very responsive steering, good visibility from all angles. It really is a fun car to drive, plenty of space for the front and rear passengers.

A white collar prius

Seth Stewart, 08/25/2017
4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car as a second owner with a very deep discount. It had 30,000 miles on it and was in excellent condition. I have the 2012 f sport. I chose it because I did my research. A large portion of taxi cab drivers in New York City drive the Toyota Prius. They can take a beating and are very reliable. They also get incredible gas mileage. But in my own opinion the prius is very ugly. Then steps in the Lexus ct200h; the prius's cousin that won prom king and took home the best looking girl on the cheer leading team. Don't get me wrong, there are some definite trade offs between the two. You have the same power train and reliability. You don't get the same gas mileage but it is still darn good. The acceleration isn't that good. But I can drive out windy country roads going 70mph driving with my pinky finger. It stays flat in turns with no body roll. The suspension is very stiff and sporty but comes with a draw back NEVER HIT POT HOLES. It will literally rattle your fillings out. You can feel every single nick, crack, chip, whatever i the road. It is the equivalent of wearing those silly shoes with the individual toes. My wife hates this and I love it. Oh I bought this car when I was single and didn't have any kids. I wouldn't recommend this for people who are planning on having kids. It is possible but car seats are very difficult to fit. I mean you cannot be a tall person and fit a childs car seat in the rear facing position. I like it because of the handling, the economy, the comfort, the reliability, the looks, and the ease of driving. It is stupid easy to operate, just don't curb those f sport rims. Oh and change your fluids like you care about you car. I changed the transmission fluid the instant I got the car. There is this misconception that people don't need to change their transmission fluid EVER. That advice is only for KIA drivers. Everybody acts like this car can't drive on the interstate. Don't listen to them. I've gone across the country with the car full of adults. Just take it out of ECO mode so the car can breath a little. As far as space goes, my wife does caterings and uses my car, she lays the seats down and can do caterings for a 100 people or so. If acceleration is a big deal breaker go buy a Tesla. If you can't afford it do what I did.

CT 200h Lexus 2012

ld14, 12/08/2011
Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just bought this car a couple weeks ago. The mileage is amazing; I am getting about 44-45 MPG, better than I expected. The car drives nicely and hugs the road tightly, so that i feel in good control. It is sporty and fun, and looks like a technologically advanced car inside. The use of space is very good. The only thing better would be the same car in a larger version.

Great MPG

feng2, 01/08/2012
Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Due to my long distance commute, I perchased the CT200h. I used to drive my Porsche Cayenne S to work. The MPG was about 18 MPG on average. I had this CT200h for three weeks now. The MPG is 44.3 on average for about 500 miles. Today, I filled up the tank with the regular non ethanol added fuel. The MPG is 49.7 MPG with 35 mile on the freeway in the Sport mode and 5 miles in the Normal mode. I am sure the MPG will reach 50 MPG if I drive it in the Normal mode full time. In Chicago area, the fuel has 10% ethanol in it. I have to add the non ethanol fuel in Indiana where I work. The non ethanol fuel does increase the MPG by at least 15%. I will stick to the non ethanol fuel then.

Love this Car!!

viv86, 03/22/2012
Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted a hybrid but resorted to looking at cars with better gas mileage until I saw this car in a commercial and then at an Auto Show. I am so glad I found this car! I am getting the same gas mileage as the estimates but am trending better than 43 mpg. I've only had it for two weeks and the mpg is getting better as I continue to learn how to drive it. The trunk space the interior cabin are small but for someone who doesn't drive a lot of passengers around it is fine. The beauty of this car is that you can get more power just by turning a dial to "sport mode". When in that mode the pick up is noticeably quicker than when in "normal mode". I am very happy with this car!

48 MPG !

striker6, 04/08/2012
Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The main reason I purchased it was my total disgust with supporting corporate gasholes at over $4gl. Yes,I am actually averaging 48 mpg! If you aren't ...change your driving habits. It won't win any 1/4 mile drag races, but where in this overly congested country can you go more than a 1/4 mile most of the time without stopping for a red light. I traded a high performance sport coupe that I was only using 25% of its power less than 50% of the time...where's the logic in that ??!! This car rides just as well, and I really don't miss taking off ramps at 90mph ! It's extremely comfortable, very stylish (gotten many compliments), and of course, Lexus quality. Best bang for my $ in many years !!!

F-Sport Special Edition a blast to own!

jmickens, 03/20/2012
Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Got this car after seeing it showcased at the annual car show and the suspension upgrade is VERY noticable. To go from getting 50+ mpg on the highway to carving up backroad twisties makes this car the new MINI only better looking and WAY more upscale. Would highly reccomend.

Toyota Hybrid drivetrain w/o the Prius looks

tk1971, 09/05/2012
Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Like it or hate it, the Toyota Prius has successfully mainstreamed the hybrid car. The first gen cars that are still out on the road is a testament of how reliable this drivetrain is. But for some (like myself), I can't get past the way it looks (like a door stop). It's just not my style. The Lexus CT200h floats my boat. Compared to a Prius, it's a very different car. The front bucket seats alone are worth the price of admission. The sporty good looks, larger alloy wheels, and luxurious amenities sacrifices some MPG, but I'm getting more than 45mpg. What more can I ask for? Sure, it's on the low end of the Lexus totem pole, but it's definitely more comfortable than a top of the line Prius.

Better MPG than advertised

samborambo1, 05/31/2012
Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my CT for about 3 week now and I have only driven less than a 1000 miles. I have fueled up the car twice. Both times, I calculated the mpg based on the trip miles divided by the number of gallons pumped in. Both times I was able to achieve between 49 and 50 miles per gallon. This is definitely above the mpg on the sticker. There are plethora of CT drivers that are getting below 40mpg while some are getting over 50mpg. It all depends on how you drive the car. It will NOT out run any car on the road if you want good mpg. So be prepared to pull to the right, slowly get up to speed, and let the traffic pass you by. I'm ok with that. If you are too, then the CT is for you.

51050