Used 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedan
Which Q50 does Edmunds recommend?
Edmunds' Expert Review
- Turbocharged V6 engines pack plenty of power and excitement
- Many high-tech entertainment and safety features come standard
- For a small luxury sedan, offers a pretty roomy trunk
- Infotainment system isn't as user-friendly as many others
- Interior design is showing its age in the face of more modern rivals
Strong performance, plenty of premium features and a competitive price give the 2018 Infiniti Q50 a well-earned seat at the table with other refined and accomplished luxury sport sedans.
The Q50's interior design continues to age gracefully, but age it does. It's the same basic design used since 2014, and it feels a bit behind the more modern, elegant environments in Audi and Mercedes rivals. But don't let that end your consideration. The Q50 is still a joy to drive. If you're looking for power, consider one of the Q50's turbocharged V6 engines. They deliver a jolt of pony car-esque thrill each time you dig into the pedal, especially in the Red Sport top trim. Infiniti also packs in plenty of standard features for you money.
Overall, the 2018 Infiniti Q50 isn't quite as polished as some rival sedans, but it stands as a desirable and stylish alternative to the status quo.
2018 INFINITI Q50 models
The Infiniti Q50 luxury sport sedan is available in five main trim levels: 2.0t, 3.0t, Red Sport 400 and Q50 Hybrid trim levels. Infiniti also offers three subtrims, Luxe, Pure and Sport.
The Q50 2.0t starts with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine (208 horsepower, 258 pound-feet of torque) paired to a seven-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is optional. From there, the 2.0t Pure come with 17-inch alloy wheels, LED headlights and foglights, automatic wipers, selectable drive modes, keyless entry and ignition, power-adjustable front seats, simulated leather upholstery, automatic dual-zone climate control, Bluetooth, a rearview camera, dual touchscreen displays (8-inch upper and 7-inch lower), and a six-speaker CD player with two USB ports and satellite radio. The 2.0t Luxe variant adds 18-inch wheels, a sunroof and maple wood interior accents.
Moving up to the 3.0t brings a turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 (300 hp, 295 lb-ft of torque). all-wheel drive is again optional. The 3.0t Luxe is equipped similarly to the 2.0t Luxe trim while the 3.0t Sport adds 19-inch wheels, performance tires, leather upholstery and additional front seat adjustments.
The Red Sport 400 picks up where the 3.0t leaves off and adds a more powerful V6 (400 hp, 350 lb-ft of torque), unique 19-inch wheels (slightly wider in the rear), adjustable suspension settings, transmission paddle shifters, quilted leather upholstery, dark chrome and red stitching interior accents, heated front seats, a heated steering wheel, remote engine start, a 60/40-split folding rear seat and a navigation system. The Red Sport 400 also offers a host of driver aids, including a top-down parking camera system, front and rear parking sensors, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, forward collision warning and automatic emergency braking.
The Q50 Hybrid Luxe comes in one trim level similarly equipped to the 3.0t Luxe, but it also borrows from the Sport and Red Sport 400 features. Some extra features, including adaptive cruise control and a premium Bose audio system, are also standard on the Hybrid.
Many of the extra features found on the Red Sport are available as options on the lower trims. Depending on the trim level, other key options an adjustable suspension, additional driver aids and a premium audio system.
Ease of use
Getting in/getting out
Most helpful consumer reviews
Features & Specs
Our experts like the Q50 models:
- Backup Collision Intervention
- Automatically hits the brakes if an object enters the path or if an approaching car is detected when the vehicle is backing up.
- Around View Monitor
- Takes the guesswork out of maneuvering in tight spaces by giving you a view of the car from above.
- Forward Emergency Braking
- Warns if traffic ahead is slowing, even two cars ahead, and will apply the brakes if you don't act in time.
NHTSA Overall Rating
- Frontal Barrier Crash RatingOverallNot RatedDriverNot RatedPassengerNot Rated
- Side Crash RatingOverallNot Rated
- Side Barrier RatingOverallNot RatedDriverNot RatedPassengerNot Rated
- Combined Side Barrier & Pole RatingsFront SeatNot RatedBack SeatNot Rated
- RolloverRollover5 / 5Dynamic Test ResultNo TipRisk Of Rollover9.7%
- Side Impact TestGood
- Roof Strength TestGood
- Rear Crash Protection / Head RestraintGood
- IIHS Small Overlap Front TestNot Tested
- Moderate Overlap Front TestGood
Used 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedan Overview
The Used 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedan is offered in the following styles: RED SPORT 400 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A), 2.0t LUXE 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A), 2.0t PURE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A), 3.0t LUXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A), 2.0t PURE 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A), 2.0t LUXE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A), Hybrid LUXE 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 7A), 3.0t SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A), Hybrid LUXE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 7A), 3.0t LUXE 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A), RED SPORT 400 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A), and 3.0t SPORT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A). Pre-owned INFINITI Q50 Sedan models are available with a 3.0 L-liter gas engine or a 2.0 L-liter gas engine, with output up to 400 hp, depending on engine type. The Used 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedan comes with rear wheel drive, and all wheel drive. Available transmissions include: 7-speed shiftable automatic. The Used 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedan comes with a 4 yr./ 60000 mi. basic warranty, a 4 yr./ 60000 mi. roadside warranty, and a 6 yr./ 70000 mi. powertrain warranty.
What's a good price on a Used 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedan?
Price comparisons for Used 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedan trim styles:
- The Used 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedan 3.0t LUXE is priced between $25,499 and$35,998 with odometer readings between 1969 and72467 miles.
- The Used 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedan 3.0t SPORT is priced between $27,900 and$33,998 with odometer readings between 14986 and49758 miles.
- The Used 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedan RED SPORT 400 is priced between $35,990 and$42,590 with odometer readings between 19423 and59033 miles.
- The Used 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedan 2.0t LUXE is priced between $27,590 and$31,998 with odometer readings between 11189 and39173 miles.
- The Used 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedan 2.0t PURE is priced between $25,499 and$25,499 with odometer readings between 44112 and44112 miles.
- The Used 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedan Hybrid LUXE is priced between $30,998 and$30,998 with odometer readings between 16601 and16601 miles.
Shop with Edmunds for perks and special offers on used cars, trucks, and SUVs near Ashburn, VA. Doing so could save you hundreds or thousands of dollars. Edmunds also provides consumer-driven dealership sales and service reviews to help you make informed decisions about what cars to buy and where to buy them.
Which used 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedans are available in my area?
Used 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedan Listings and Inventory
There are currently 83 used and CPO 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedans listed for sale in your area, with list prices as low as $25,499 and mileage as low as 1969 miles. Simply research the type of used car you're interested in and then select a prew-owned vehicle from our massive database to find cheap used cars for sale near you. Once you have identified a used or CPO vehicle you're interested in, check the AutoCheck vehicle history reports, read dealer reviews, and find out what other owners paid for the Used 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedan.
Shop Edmunds' car, SUV, and truck listings of over 6 million vehicles to find a cheap used, or certified pre-owned (CPO) 2018 INFINITI Q50 Sedan for sale near you.
Can't find a used 2018 INFINITI Q50 Q50 Sedan you want in your area? Consider a broader search.
Find a used INFINITI Q50 for sale - 7 great deals out of 23 listings starting at $22,810.
Find a used INFINITI for sale - 3 great deals out of 13 listings starting at $22,169.
Find a used certified pre-owned INFINITI Q50 for sale - 12 great deals out of 21 listings starting at $25,380.
Find a used certified pre-owned INFINITI for sale - 9 great deals out of 24 listings starting at $8,529.
Should I lease or buy a 2018 INFINITI Q50?
Is it better to lease or buy a car? Ask most people and they'll probably tell you that car buying is the way to go. And from a financial perspective, it's true, provided you're willing to make higher monthly payments, pay off the loan in full and keep the car for a few years. Leasing, on the other hand, can be a less expensive option on a month-to-month basis. It's also good if you're someone who likes to drive a new car every three years or so.