List Price Range

Used Sonata Hybrid for Sale
Select your model:
1...234567

Pros
Cons

Poor mileage on otherwise perfect car

dan@dsai.co, 08/10/2015
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

We are a Toyota family - 3 Camrys and a Prius. When shopping to replace the Prius we wanted a larger car as we are all 6' plus. When first just looking at the numbers for 2015 cars, we thought the Sonata was a competitor to the Avalon. I had intended to buy an Avalon Hybrid. When we test drove the Avalon and Camry we couldn't believe how small they were compared to our 2007 and 2008 Camrys. The Sonata has as much room in most aspects as the Avalon and I love the extra legroom. I don't know why all manufacturers don't do this. Having just replaced the Prius battery at $4,200, the Sonata lifetime warranty was a real plus. We will not replace the Camry Hybrid battery when it comes up - we will sell and get another Sonata. We were so impressed with the Sonata we even wrote to the USA marketing team suggesting they were missing out by not advertising the roominess of the vehicle. Anyway, we don't drive a lot, but have a couple of trips coming this fall so we will see how things turn out mpg wise. I have to say so far we are disappointed as on our first tank we are only averaging 28 mpg which we hope is an aberration. Did anyone else see a break in time for their mpg - ie does it start low and get higher over time? Something to think about.

No problem for more than a year.

Jason, 08/03/2016
4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I could be very insensitive but I've never had a serious acceleration problem.

Sonota my car

CD ortiz, 12/14/2016
4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

The older Sonata (up to2014) is good car, not a great car. It is priced well. Great family car, not luxurious, but does the job. We were looking for something a bit more comfy for longer travel so this car just didn't quit make the cut.

Awesome Mileage 140,000 without an issue.

Cory, 07/07/2018
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Love the car. Only complaint would be lack of engine power when shifting between electric and gas motor. Doggy when making a turn from dead stop.

Almost Met Expectations

Pgh Joe, 10/29/2018
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I’m not concerned about resale. I bought extended zurich 125,000 bumper to bumper and will drive it stress-free for years. I increased tire pressure to 38 and average 37 mpg around Pittsburgh. I bought compact spare tire from Hyundai dealer on line for $75. I have not experienced stalls, hesitation, or braking concerns. If you are looking for hybrid investment with high resale, buy an Camry hybrid. There won't be any dealing, and warranty is limited. If you share my "drive it until it dies mantra", buy the Sonata hybrid. I bought mine new and had $6000 taken of sticker. I'm satisfied. Gas mileage gas decreased slightly to 36 mpg. Some of my front seat passengers complain that seat is lower than drivers seat. If you need storage for sets of golf clubs and/or suitcases, the trunk is very small. I’m still somewhat satisfied. If you want new car every few years, don’t buy this. Resale is very poor; however, if you drive a car into the ground, it’s still a fair investment. No mechanical issues, just a few recalls. Cold weather impacts mpg and don’t believe EPA mpg projections. If you want comparable vehicle, buy an Altima. Similar mileage, very large trunk, negotiable price, but once again, poor resale. When outside temps warm up, mpgs improve. Trunk size and resale value still suck. Drive it until it explodes, or you will lose money.

1...234567